Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
25 April 2024, 06:44

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13123 Posts in 1337 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Character Builds  |  True strike Master
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: True strike Master  (Read 4845 times)
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« on: 31 May 2010, 09:39 »

Fighter 10 / Wizard2  / Weapon Master 28

Human

Str 17--34
Dex 13
Con 14
Int 14
Wis 8
Cha 8

All ability points should go into str. at every 4th level  this and the great str 7  will  get 17 more str. than you start with.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lvl 1-Ftr- dodge, wpn focus,mobility
2-  ftr - expertise
3-ftr -blind fight
4- ftr - spring attack
5- ftr-  crossclass skill points to intimidate to get 4 ranks
6-ftr- wep spec.  whirlwind attack
7 W.M.-  wpn of choice
8- w.m.-
9-w.m.- improved crit.
10- w.m.
11w.m.
12-w.m.- Knock Down
13 W.M.
14 W.m.
15 Wizard div school.- Spell focus divination.
16 W.M.
17 w.m.
18 wizard- Greater spell focus divination
19 ftr.
20 ftr.- Improved Knock down
21 w.m. grt str 1
22 wm
23 w.m. -Bonus feat epic wepon focus.
24 w.m- grt str 2
25 w.m.
26 w.m- Bonus feat epic prowess
27 w.m.- grt str 3
28 ftr.
29 ftr.- bonus feat epic wep spec.     skill dump to conc.
30w.m. -grt str 4
31 wm.- bonus feat armor skin.
32 w.m.-
33 w.m.- grt str 5
34 w.m.-  bonus feat epic toughness
35 w.m.
36 w.m. -Grt str 6
37 w.m.-  bonus feat epic toughness 2
38 w.m.
39 w.m. -Grt str 7
40 w.m.- bonus feat epic toughness 3

Final a.b. 63 with no buffs, and maxed str.{46} and a +5 wep. 
65 a.b. with bless and aid pots .
78 a.b. for 10 attacks with true strike buff while hasted.

This build has nice, no-buff damage output, 46 strength is +18{+27 2handed} and +6 damage from wep spec.
  It's nice to look at your sheet and read, damage 2-12+33.

Final skills, disc  43 ,  conc 31
 heal 43,   listen or spot 43,  search {cross classed} 5
  tumble {cross classed} 20

Final ac with +6 armor , ring,  ammy,  sheild, and +4 boots is 60.  My version uses no sheild {great sword master}  so 51 ac. hasted lol.

final hp with maxed con. 768

This build is the most fun I've had playing a build in quite a while. I thought I would share it and offer it up for critisism and advice Cheesy
« Last Edit: 31 May 2010, 10:40 by Endlessorrow » Logged
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2010, 19:41 »

Assuming there's no way to make those 2 wizard levels post-epic (I can't see one) the only thing I would say is that listen is probably the better choice out of the two.

With the two camo rings, a sneak gets an instant +20 to hide, but there's no such bonus to move silently (and item bonuses are fairly rare, and small, as well), so listen gives you a better chance of actually finding them. You can also get clairaudience/claivoiyance on items, or possibly make yourself an amplify wand, for +10 or +20 respectively to listen checks for a short time.

Without epic skill focus, a sneak can reach the high 80s-low 90s for hide relatively easily (43[skill]+18[dex bonus]+20[rings] is 81), getting over 100 with the focus. Without wisdom, matching that is impossible; but even with epic skill focus, most sneaks will only get about 70-75 MS. With 43 skill, +10 from clair, + 20 from amplify, you're at least in the same ballpark.

63 ab with no buffs is impressive...40-50 damage per hit (don't forget the +5 weapon) is also impressive. I'm no builder, so I can't really offer much more than that XD

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
locmer
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2010, 23:09 »

Hey folks,

First off gratz to Endless for posting a new refreshing build.
First class build which imo rightfully belongs in the melee build section.
It's nice to see such a build is making use of updated feats and saying that I'd like to remind you all to make sure you read those update flags.
There are alot of new goodies for your characters hidden in there wink

A few side notes:

Just to clarify this it's AB 78 "for" 10 attacks with true strike, not 10 attacks a round.
Due to the spell focus feats true strike will last longer.

I assume you can take those feats post epic too.
It means that you'll be sacrificing 2 great strength feats, but AB will virtually stay the same.
Taking only warrior levels pre epic will increase your base AB by one.
To compensate for the 1.5 (on a two handed weapon) strength dmg bonus loss, you get 2 pre epic feats back.

What to do, what to do...  huh

You could take some feats to increase saves, or maybe take weapon focus and improved crit for a secondary weapon. You could then also sacrifice 2 epic toughness feats for another weapon of choice and epic weapon focus secondary weapon.

If going for 2H weapons which results in and epic AC of 51, you could consider not to take tumble at all. If you'd go with wizard levels post epic you could take spellcraft to further up your saves.

Armor Skin seems to be a waste then too, but I must admit, I would sit for days on my couch trying to figure out what would be the best feat choice to make.
It's a tough one where weapon masters are concerned  Cheesy

Another reminder for those WM fans. This one could be very good with a double sided weapon.

Anyways, a very good build!

Cheers Loc

The biggest risk is not taking one.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 June 2010, 21:45 »

..., but I must admit, I would sit for days on my couch trying to figure out what would be the best feat choice to make.

LoL  I used to write build ideas down on a paper towel while I was sweeping the floors at work and wow, that was 5 years ago.
Lief
Poster

Plays: Gondor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 June 2010, 23:01 »

Howdy all,

I made a similar build after talking to Endless about this. Mindy is 16 F 2 wiz 22 wm. Her ab, I think, is 76 with true strike. However, her best dmg so far is 333, which was inflicted on a corsair sniper  laugh

Keep those ideas rolling Endless !

Lf
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 June 2010, 17:08 »

Hi all,
I am just starting my third toon now with a similar build but with Rogue2 instead of W2 for Evasion and Tumble, the rest is the same. Also I am wondering about about adding Overwhelming Critical but that will take 4 Feats total instead of Grt Strength. What do you think, is Overw. Crit a good idea if you have WM with Ki Critical?

Thanks,
Chaoz
« Last Edit: 09 June 2010, 17:16 by Chaozrulez » Logged

Keep'em rollin'
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2010, 21:31 »

I made the build to maximize ab and base damage.  Overwhelming crit... dosent seem worth it to me.  I would be interested to see the out come of using it.

I would probably substitute 6 wm lvls for 6 fighter levels if i was to do it. using the 3 new ftr. bonus feats to get overwhelming crit. and keeping the strength at 34 base and the damage would still be maxed.

Lossing 2 ab and 40 hp from the epic toughness feats for me just dosent seem to be worth it.

The recent changes to premonition benifits this build if you can cast a premonition from a sequencer robe  it gives a long term +2 ac and ab buff.  Just tested it.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: