Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 21:29

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Character Builds  |  Specialty Builds  |  Elf 5Bard/10PM/25SD
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Elf 5Bard/10PM/25SD  (Read 9282 times)
parknutz
Poster

View Profile
« on: 05 July 2010, 21:26 »

Huh
« Last Edit: 24 March 2011, 23:06 by parknutz » Logged
radagast
Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2010, 10:47 »

Nice build Park but I prefer a 30 sd 9 rogue 1 fighter (or 1 monk) depending if you want to use a shield or not I'm the meatshield for my summons (was supposed to be the other way round!) Grin.

Might make a assassin version, no hips but a +5 ab boost would be nice and you get great dex as a bonus feat freeing up some epic feats. Never thought about parry would be useful for the monk verson.

His AC might only get to 85 but he has 90 concealment and a better AB some sneaks and a ton of skills and his hide/ms gets to 113 with only the basic equip. He doesnt get hit that much that being crit immune would make a difference.

schlix
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2010, 22:33 »

nice concept. a few nice concepts, actually. but, in the case of a pure tank wouldnt the build benefit more from imp expertise over, say blind fight & maybe armor shin or toughness?

The closer you are to danger, the further you are from harm. - J.R.R. Tolkien
sestitodc
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 July 2010, 00:07 »

You can't use expertise/IE while in parry mode :/ You could drop parry altogether and take E/IE, and use those. However, the reason for this build originally was to be able to tank one boss in particular that 100 ac (or actually, pretty much any ac) is unable to tank.
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 July 2010, 07:14 »

A parrier is a little more effective if he can dual weild effectively. Improved Two Weapon and Ambidextry would normally give a dual weilder 6 attacks, or in this case 3 parries possibly 4 if hasted. So when ya get surrounded by those that get those lucky shots in you stand a better chance of blocking. With your AB you'd need to roll a 20 to have a successful Riposte attack. If ya want to have a successful counter attack try 20 fighter/20 SD.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Thiagow2008
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2010, 15:58 »

Hmm, if this build is a pure tank i didnt get why you would have ESF hide/ms

Could drop those two and maximize spellcraft/concentration to have better saves against spells and higher DC against taunt
Khaine
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 July 2010, 17:13 »

How exactly does Parry work?
Is it Parry skill + 1d20 vs enemy's AB roll to check if you can block the attack? I don't much care about counter-attacking for a tank, cos it's not like it's gonna do any damage anyway.

It's not paranoia if someone's out to get you!
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 July 2010, 17:47 »

Parry blocks the first attack of every flurry, but I don't know if it's +1d20 (I would assume so) or just the skill itself. If that >10 above the DC, you get a riposte...
Not that you'd hit with many counterattacks.

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Khaine
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 July 2010, 19:24 »

Just the first attack?
Also, is it the first attack that gets through AC/conceal, or just the first attack that attempts to hit you?
And it epic dodge used to "avoid attack" before parry is considered, only if ac/conceal and parry fails you?

It's not paranoia if someone's out to get you!
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 July 2010, 19:44 »

As far as I know, it's the first attack in each flurry that also gets through concealment and epic dodge. So with epic dodge you block 4 attacks per round maximum - the first attack to hit in flurry 1, the second attack to hit in flurry one, the first attack to hit in flurry 2, and the first attack to hit in flurry 3.
If you dodge the entire first flurry using concealment and AC, you would only block the first one to hit in flurry 2 (with dodge/parry), the second to hit in flurry 2 (with whichever didn't trigger), and the first to hit in flurry 3. The second to hit in 3, or the third in 2, would not be blocked.

I would assume dodge triggers before parry, since dodge is 100% guaranteed to dodge and parry is a skill check. In the same way that 50/+20 reduction is used before 30/+5 reduction, but as soon as the 50/+20 drops - the less powerful reduction is used.

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
schlix
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 November 2010, 07:47 »

i am revisiting this build concept; i havent made one along these lines yet, but waited til the nerfs were in place to look at it further...

some thoughts, would appreciate some comments:

- i am still gravitating towards expertise/ imp. expertise. in the case of park's build, i would drop wpn finesse & blind fight to get those feats. would be helpful when mobbed (where parry isnt useful), especially with hi-ab npc's like gondor peacekeepers (i saw a report that they get 75 ab now?! lol). you guys think this would tip the scales enough?

- not sure abt radagast's rog/sd/fighter build & how it works now w/ the nerfed conceal, since he didnt post the build and i am too lazy to recreate it hehe. but i can see the advantages when up against stuff that deals a lot of divine &/or bludg dmg.

will post more as thoughts come to me...

The closer you are to danger, the further you are from harm. - J.R.R. Tolkien
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 March 2013, 17:34 »

Currently leveling this build and I am pleasantly surprised to already hit AC90 on level 28 so on 40 should be around 100 Grin Anyone knows if you can hit Sistra when I am done with this build at AB50?

Keep'em rollin'
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 March 2013, 18:53 »

If using hips then probably (need a lot of hide/ms not to get spotted).

If not hipsing then 60+ would been needed.
Thiagow2008
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 March 2013, 18:47 »

I dont think hitting or not its relevant.. The problem is the damage. Since this build is a pure tank, no STR and no Sneak, and since Sistra has a lot of DR I dont think you will be dmging her at all. Unless you're tweaking this build for dmg instead of pure ac tank.
Thiagow2008
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 March 2013, 18:50 »

A better version of this build would be 4 Bard / 16 PM / 20 SD.

Would lose 5% concealment but you could get Epic Mage Armor at PM 16. In that case you would get about 10+ AC wich is better than 5% concealment IMO.
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 22 March 2013, 12:29 »

She is still lvl 31, I never build an epic SD before so lets see how it turns out IF the server comes back online. Leaning more on the HIPS side so she got ESF Hide & MS to go over 100 before Sissy can spot me. I gave her Bard's Rapier with 20 extra damage from crits (12-20) and I don't know if the Epic Shadowlord can help there.

Keep'em rollin'
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 December 2018, 14:31 »

Does anyone have the specs of this build?
Its not here anymore.  crybaby2

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: