Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20 April 2024, 02:10

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Bug/annoyance
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bug/annoyance  (Read 3043 times)
Khaine
Poster

View Profile
« on: 20 July 2010, 22:49 »

Ok, so this has happened a few times, or that he has parked RIGHT on top of the transit in from misty mountains to hollin gate, effectively blocking me from getting into Moria. Is there any chance you (the DMs) could fix him so that he doesn't get stuck on ramps or park at the transit?

And before you ask, yes, i did try running past him. He blocks it completely, and just sits there spamming KD when I get within melee range. I also tried luring him off it, or pushing him off it. However, my toon there was lvl 24, so he is no match for the watcher, and can't stay in melee range for long.

It's not paranoia if someone's out to get you!
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 21 July 2010, 00:45 »

That's a tough one.  It seems you really have to use something to lure him off or kill him.  I might be able to set a post for him.
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 July 2010, 02:14 »

That's a tough one.  It seems you really have to use something to lure him off or kill him.  I might be able to set a post for him.

Luring won't work. The problem isn't that he won't TRY to climb down the ramps, but he's just too big and awkward and can't maneuver himself to the point where he can make it down.

If the ramps could be made wider, or if one could be placed so that he only has to walk in a straight line to get back down, that might work. If you could confine him to the water, but make him unreachable from the land (so that anyone killing him has to go down and fight), his regen should stop people running in and out to wear him down.

He also gets stuck at the trans to the path with lots of ramps and orcs (can't remember the name atm, Redhorn mts. I think), and can't make it back down to the water (though not for lack of trying).

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Sancho29
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 July 2010, 07:56 »

Do you always keep your chat box that way,  or is that for our enjoyment?  Haha,  but actually I've seen the watcher get stuck on various places of this particular map,  usually involving the ramps.

Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
Khaine
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2010, 15:24 »

Do you always keep your chat box that way,  or is that for our enjoyment? 

I always keep the chat box exactly 8 portraits in hight, yes.

It's not paranoia if someone's out to get you!
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 July 2010, 15:56 »

I always keep the chat box exactly 8 portraits in hight, yes.

I do 6, but I keep the combat log the same size as the chat box.

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Sancho29
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 July 2010, 16:25 »

Then why don't you put the combat log equally as high?  This bothers me man...they have to be even!  Hahaha

Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: