Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
25 April 2024, 08:41

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13123 Posts in 1337 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Suggestion for an AA only boss drop
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Suggestion for an AA only boss drop  (Read 2600 times)
Khaine
Poster

View Profile
« on: 02 August 2010, 19:45 »

I've been thinking, and something I think would be very cool is if one of the bigger archer type bosses (Azwryn/Bard/others) had an item like this added to their drop table:

Level 22+ only (to prevent UMD)
Only usable by: Arcane Archer

On use: Creates a bundle of arrows (either X number of stacks with Y cooldown, or 1 stack with no cooldown) that are good, but not something over the top good (like massive piercing damage, such as the ones from the temple archers drop, or magic/divine/positive damage, that you'd rather use for PvP/bosses).

Something like either 2d8 piercing or some elemental damage (not negative, it's even more rubbish than cold/fire/electric).

Now, the arrows created by this item would be bound to that character, could not be sold, traded etc, so only way to get rid of them is to use them. Hence, only an Arcane Archer can fire those arrows.

This would be nice for archer toons, as the only good arrows from shops that I've found so far are the Divine Wings from MM shop, and they're limited to 5 stacks per reset. Also, an archer can burn through several pages worth of arrows during one raid, and this would free up a lot of needed inventory space for them.

PS: Based on the difficulty of acquiring this item, the strength of it could be tweaked, or depending on how well the DM team is able to script stuff to make it balanced and not too powerful. I'd like to see this item available for both Mordor and Gondor, so unless both Gondor and Mordor boss would drop it, maybe some new neutral boss (perhaps in Temple of Doom?) could drop it?

Thoughts?

It's not paranoia if someone's out to get you!
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2010, 22:08 »

Sounds like a good idea - I know that on my archer I tended to carry two bags full of 2d6 arrows (usually elec) so that I have something to fire without wasting the page of good ones (like divine wings) and I was fairly conservative about actually using them, since I didn't want to run out. If you had something like this - even if it just spawned more 2d6 or 2d8 arrows with cold or elec or something on them, it'd certainly free up a lot of space. It would also mean archers didn't have to worry about restocking all the time.

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2010, 01:37 »

There's been a bow that creates unique arrows in the mod for awhile. Only a couple players have it.
Eventually that bow will have more arrows to be created.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
sestitodc
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2010, 03:44 »

I actually love the choice in arrows archers have. Being able to change damage types from cold, to electric, to fire, to acid, to positive, to divine, etc depending on the resistances a certain boss/mob has is pretty awesome. Also, I'm kinda partial to the 1d6 pos damage, 50% on hit blindness DC14 for two rounds, and 50% on hit deafness Dc14 for two rounds from MT.  And Olle is refering to Belthronding, a longbow from Smaug's chest. It's +5 ab, +10 mighty, Good only, AA only, +10 listen/spot, create special arrows 3/day. I think you can make spell breach arrows, teleportation arrows, and one or two other kinds, would have to check.

Just checked the bow, and the other two arrows it can make are holy arrows which do 2d10 damage vs undead, and on-hit dismissal arrows.
« Last Edit: 03 August 2010, 03:51 by sestitodc » Logged
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 August 2010, 05:42 »

Well then the fact that it's good only disqualifies it from being considered in this context, since that's biased against Mordor archer builds...

And we're not saying the arrows have to be uber, like spell breach or teleportation or whatever - just a simple item that makes simple 2d something random (say 8 or 10) typed damage with various possible single types (say Magic, elec, cold, acid, pos, divine), maybe 5% chance of a dual-typed arrow, several times per day with arrows that vanish on rest or something (to prevent stockpiling of good ones). Make it a high level boss drop (a neutral boss, or to a boss on each side, as mentioned) good/evil only if you must (but maybe make a weaker version for everybody), and make that bow good/evil only, and that's it balanced.

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: