Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20 April 2024, 13:22

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13123 Posts in 1337 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  PR opportunity !
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PR opportunity !  (Read 6906 times)
Lief
Poster

Plays: Gondor

View Profile
« on: 05 August 2010, 06:48 »

Howdy all,

I noticed that these pages have not been updated in a while:

server info page
http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/LOTR_Gondor_vs_Mordor

House rules (LOTR Gondor vs Mordor)
http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/House_rules_(LOTR_Gondor_vs_Mordor)

Spell changes (LOTR Gondor vs Mordor)
http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_changes_(LOTR_Gondor_vs_Mordor)

Class changes (LOTR Gondor vs Mordor)
link to "dead" page found on: http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/LOTR_Gondor_vs_Mordor
link should be added to: http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Gameworld_details

Having pages that are more up-to-date surely will increase our chances of attracting new players. "Someone" should consider updating these pages ... please.

ciao,
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2010, 07:06 »

Hmm, never even knew about those pages though I had read some at the same site for other servers.
Lief
Poster

Plays: Gondor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2010, 08:05 »

Looks like we have a volunteer  laugh
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 August 2010, 11:11 »

Also please correct the horrible item spelling mistakes in game:
Arragon's Skull / Saruaman's Staff / Spell Sheild etc
Is it also possible to put that gold diamond shape in each area so you know the transition point?

Thanks,
Chaoz

Keep'em rollin'
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 August 2010, 17:02 »

Gold diamond - on the map you mean?
That would be nice, though I think it could be a big job...it depends how many are missing.

And yes, the spelling mistakes drive me absolutely nuts as well - I can't understand how a module which clearly has so much care and attention put into it could possibly make stupid mistakes, like having the Witch King call his arch-enemy "Arragon" or whatever it is he says. I can understand the occasional item slip-up, when they are hastily created and the mistake goes unnoticed, but you can't tell me no one noticed that the Witch King says the wrong name...

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Sancho29
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 August 2010, 17:20 »

Ok so this is funny,  because on first read-through of this post, it appears as if the players of GvM prefer to have everything spelled correctly over new and fun things added.   *shrug*  But what do I know.

In my opinion, I say just shut up and turn in the fekkin skull.   You are getting 12k xp...who gives a flying F if somebody's name is spelled wrong?  That's just how evil the WK is!  He has such little respect for Gondor,  he won't even say the leader's name correctly! 

Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 August 2010, 17:38 »

It's called being a Pedant, Sancho =P
It does seriously annoy me when things aren't correct...when it wouldn't really be a big deal to fix them. It'd take 5 minutes to fix the Arragon thing. If we created a post and listed all the things we found that were mis-spelled, so that DMs could read and fix at their leisure, would that make you happy? Then they could get back to making whatever it is they're making now...and only do spelling when they have a few minutes free.

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Sancho29
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 August 2010, 18:19 »

Eh I just feel like having our DMs fix spelling errors is sort of like having somebody with a PHD from Yale run a McDonald's.  I mean if it was something they were to look at and say "oh that bothers me,  I want to fix it" then whatever, knock yourself out.  But honestly...how often do you (being the spelling nazi's) talk to the WK?  I mean,  if it bothers you all so bad, I'll turn in the xp from now on lol,  or does the simple fact that you know it is there really bother you that bad?

NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 August 2010, 18:56 »

It's the fact that we know it's there XD

It's like when you get a scratch on your car's paintwork. It's not always worth doing something about it, but it still bothers you because you know it's there.

Khaine
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 August 2010, 19:11 »

who gives a flying F if somebody's name is spelled wrong?

I do. It bothers me. Just like it bothers me when a picture hangs crooked on the wall.

Eh I just feel like having our DMs fix spelling errors is sort of like having somebody with a PHD from Yale run a McDonald's.

Only if the person with a PHD from Yale is the only one with the key to said McDonald's.
As far as I know, the only people with access to actually fix the spelling errors are the DMs.

As NLawson said, if we make a thread and compile a list of all the spelling errors a DM could take 15-30 min of his/her day to fix them all at the same time. That should be an acceptable solution, no?

It's not paranoia if someone's out to get you!
Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 August 2010, 20:49 »

With regards to spelling errors and those diamonds on the map, it bothers me too.  A LOT.  I would sit down and fix every single one of them. (Would leave diamonds out of some places like secret areas.)

NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 August 2010, 23:12 »

Well yeah, you don't wanna indicate where hidden doors are, but the main things, like say Edoras entrance and Boat to Linhir from PF and such (I don't know whether those are on there or not).

I think if we compile a list we can probably get a lot of them just from memory.

Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 August 2010, 02:07 »

whats you guyz whine aboot spelling so much  not all can be perfect spelling gramatician like i ams some whines best kept to selfs.. damb it wife kicking me off computers now Angry to play farmtowns on fece book Angry    so all you spellings natzis  can now end  your crybabycation in the  case sensitive cities yes?
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 August 2010, 02:53 »

OW OW OW! My eyes! Shocked I'm blind!  Gonna be walking around like this for the rest of my life Cool

Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07 August 2010, 02:24 »

...crybabycation...

rofl at the whole post and this wonderful creation of a word
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 08 August 2010, 01:57 »

Is it bad that it took me several tries to figure out how Saruaman's staff was spelled wrong.

Someone make a list, I'll fix the spelling errors.  Map pins, I never really thought about but if it would help.
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 August 2010, 17:41 »

when i took over the mod it was missing tons of those map pins...good luck with any1 that wants to go thru 500+ transitions looking for missing one  huh
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 August 2010, 18:43 »

Well it's one of those things, Turril, that the players can mention when they spot it.
For example, I don't think many of the map pins on the way to Old Man Willow are present, and I think Mirkwood's maps are missing a couple. In most cases it probably won't matter, but for some the transitions are absolutely tiny and if you don't know your way, it's easy to get lost.

Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 August 2010, 06:13 »

See. I would find it fun putting all of the pins in.  Whenever I get bored I'd just add about a 100 of them. :p

ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 August 2010, 07:56 »

Many areas were meant for you to get lost.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Sancho29
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 August 2010, 08:18 »

Oh these are olle areas are they?

Would those be the same areas that you need to be a chaotic evil halfling paladin, dual wielding a greatsword and heavy flail, at the crack of noon on the 4th of July with 200 search and 5 unlit torches to enter?  If so...I bet anyone that makes it in can handle a map without pins lol. 

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: