Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 13:12

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Couple of bugs
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Couple of bugs  (Read 15912 times)
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« on: 09 August 2010, 20:00 »

Just letting the DMs know of a couple of bugs:

1) The animal exhibition quest in Rath Di seems broken as you can no longer initiate the quest by talking to the npc 'Lilla' that wonders around the MT map.

2) The WM AC bonus for using qstaff/double-axe/double-sword etc seems bugged. I have one toon with 7 WM levels and an above weapon with +5 ac bonus on it and he gets his +3 AC bonus, but I also have another toon with 7 WM levels, an above weapon with +6 ac bonus who doesn't get any additional AC bonus.

Cheers
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 12 August 2010, 05:38 »

Thanks for the heads up.

The AC bonus for double weapons and q-staff seemed to work both on my WM and non-WM characters in my online tests just now.  The AC bonus is applied to your player skin and sometimes your player skin becomes unequipped ----> no bonus.

If the player skin is in your inventory, assign it to a quickslot to equip it.  Then put something else in the quickslot to be able to use the quickslot again.

The other issue is that at low levels, I think the AC bonus raises the level of your player skin so that if you log off with the weapon equipped, then log back in, item level restrictions will unequip the skin and you won't be able to equip it even with a quickslot until you're high enough.  The way to fix this is, relog without the weapon equipped.

The idea seemed so basic at first lol
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 August 2010, 06:18 »

Unequipping your skin must hurt....

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Sancho29
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 August 2010, 07:34 »

What's your take on peeling vs shedding?

Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 August 2010, 18:16 »

Thanks for the heads up.

The AC bonus for double weapons and q-staff seemed to work both on my WM and non-WM characters in my online tests just now.  The AC bonus is applied to your player skin and sometimes your player skin becomes unequipped ----> no bonus.

If the player skin is in your inventory, assign it to a quickslot to equip it.  Then put something else in the quickslot to be able to use the quickslot again.

The other issue is that at low levels, I think the AC bonus raises the level of your player skin so that if you log off with the weapon equipped, then log back in, item level restrictions will unequip the skin and you won't be able to equip it even with a quickslot until you're high enough.  The way to fix this is, relog without the weapon equipped.

The idea seemed so basic at first lol

Hi T - skin is equipped, also logging with no weapon equipped doesnt fix it.

In that case I think the deleveler and/or xp banker may have broken the skin. The broken toon is one I am rebuilding and was level 40 which I deleved to 1 using the deleveler and xp banker.
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 August 2010, 22:09 »

Everytime you log into the game you get a new player skin. If you find the skin in your inventory, walk thru Eru's Pool to remove it, next time you cast a certain spell, hop on a horse, equip certain things, or walk thru a trans, you will get a new skin.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 August 2010, 19:31 »

I have some bugs that really annoy me:
-if I die in shifter shape and get a rez, you can't move because all your gear doesn't count up to your stats. Often I can't move because I am then encumbered and have to shape to something then unshape to get it solved.
-if I go into a slow area like Nindalf while on a horse I am still slowed even if I leave the area (unmount/mount solves the problem).
-if I crash NWN and relog my horse is always gone.
Thanks,
Chaoz

Keep'em rollin'
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 August 2010, 19:40 »

I have some bugs that really annoy me:
-if I die in shifter shape and get a rez, you can't move because all your gear doesn't count up to your stats. Often I can't move because I am then encumbered and have to shape to something then unshape to get it solved.
-if I go into a slow area like Nindalf while on a horse I am still slowed even if I leave the area (unmount/mount solves the problem).
-if I crash NWN and relog my horse is always gone.
Thanks,
Chaoz

-The shifting one is annoying, but I think the best way to solve it is just to use a shape like wyrmling and then unshift so that your bonuses come back. I don't know whether they apply upon re-shifting the first time, but most shifters are a bit useless after dying anyway, since they need to rebuff and heal.
-The slow area thing is easy to solve, as you said, but I agree it is a pain and it would be nice if it could be fixed. Leaving a problem in the game simply because the solution is easy is simply bad practice =P
-If you log out NWN without releasing your horse, it counts as a summon or henchman and disappears with you. If you dismount and release it then it should still be there when you get back - but this isn't an option for crashes...I have no idea if that can be fixed or not.

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 August 2010, 22:44 »

Got the WM AC bonus thing sorted btw - cheers  Cheesy
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 August 2010, 17:38 »

Here's another bug - Osgiliath is the sole property of Mordor, regardless of whose NPCs are in it. Gondor isn't getting faction bonus for taking it, nor is the status changing on the board or seal. Right now, Gondor has 0% exp bonus, Osgil is Mordors, Outpost is neutral (according to the seal) and the olog-hai isn't in Osgil, but the Hammerhand is.
Any idea what's going on?

EDIT: Apparently it's done this before, and you need to get one of the opposite faction to kill the NPC and then re-take the city. This is not a good enough solution...It'd be nice to know WHY it was doing this.
« Last Edit: 28 August 2010, 17:41 by NLawson » Logged

Pixelwaffe

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 September 2010, 15:00 »

Hijacking this thread since I couldn't find one for bug reporting.

PvP kills done by Implosion does not seem to be registered. Caster does not get xp for scoring kills using Implosion nor does the shout appear. Combat log displays caster as the one dealing the "killing blow".

Thank you for reading.
sestitodc
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 September 2010, 15:06 »

Yeah, this has been around for a long time. I think what I remember happening is that even if implosion is the thing that killed the player, if something is attacking it, and gets a hit after the implosion but before the death, they get credit (whether it be an npc or another player).
sestitodc
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 September 2010, 15:10 »

Doublepost+more hijacking. There are some areas that pvp kills can't be rezzed. This is fine and dandy. However, not all of these areas are dp areas, por ejemplo top floor of Cirith Ungol. A Mordor attacked pinkpuff+park+myself while we were standing around talking after killing Thrall. Pink killed the Mordor. None of us were able to rez him because of the script, and he didn't want to respawn and lose xp/gold, so he had to stay dead until a reset.
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 September 2010, 15:28 »

Faction areas without DP requires your own faction to rez you. Not sure if this area is setup for that.

(\__/)
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 September 2010, 15:32 »

That should probably be changed...I mean you can't enforce both that and the "Rez everyone you kill" rule, nor can you expect some random Mordor to come away out to CU just to rez someone who died. Some people will do it, yes, but it's a bit out of the way.

And I don't remember having that problem in Shelobs or Spirits, which are both faction areas and neither of which have DP, or even lower in CU when I died in the tower itself...is it just certain areas? Just boss rooms, perhaps?

sestitodc
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 09 September 2010, 16:08 »

Over a year ago I remember having the same problem on the second floor of Pelagrir Keep, and Morannon Towers, although Morannon is now DP zone, so it shouldn't be a problem there.
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 September 2010, 19:47 »

This only applies to certain faction areas, mainly boss areas.

Blame those who have abused the opposing faction help in these areas. There have been many.

(\__/)
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 September 2010, 00:50 »

This only applies to certain faction areas, mainly boss areas.

Blame those who have abused the opposing faction help in these areas. There have been many.

I second this.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 September 2010, 04:13 »

If someone is luring the Bonecrusher off the Osgiliath map to kill him, then quit doing that please.

It should switch even if a Gondor NPC kills the Bonecrusher as long as it's on that map.

Otherwise, I don't know what's going on.  It was broken today so I killed the Gondor garrison and it switched.  I then took out the Mordor garrison and it switched.
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 September 2010, 04:17 »

Yeah, it's weird....it does this stupid non-switching thing, but works fine if you re-kill the bosses.
Can't you just make the Bonecrusher stick to his map, no matter what? I heard that the Wraith guarding MM and his lot can't be lured anymore...can you do something similar with Osgil?

And does the hammerhand have a shout yet? =P

BaaRamYou
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 September 2010, 22:26 »

Bug with Vine mine: camouflage (the one that gives mantles):

Creatures that benefit from it cannot do so again after its caster takes a rest, or maybe some other unknown timer. What I tested:

1) camo at MT: I get it, npc gets it. Rebuffs when I walk in and out.
2) zone to great gate: summon pet, cast another camo. Still works fine. I get it and so does my pet and npcs
3) zone back to MT: the camo still active there still works.
4) rest
5) new camo at MT: I don't get mantled, neither does my pet and npcs that got it before I rested. I find other npcs and they can get it.
6) new camo at great gate: same thing. Only npcs that didn't get it before I rested can benefit.

2nd test:
1) first camo on self. Works.
2) stand in it till it expires. Cast on self. Works.
3) stand in it till it expires again. Cast elsewhere and walk into it. Doesn't fire.
Can't be sure yet if it has something to do with having to walk in, of if there is some hidden timer that is messing things.

Using a different druid, the npcs that got bugged in the first test still couldn't get mantled, if that helps find the bug.

3rd test:
1) camo on npcs. Works.
2) wait for it to expire + a minute or so, then recast. Doesn't work.
« Last Edit: 14 September 2010, 23:45 by BaaRamYou » Logged
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 15 September 2010, 15:42 »

Thanks, I'll figure that out.
Redaurora
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 September 2010, 23:29 »

We've had problems in temple of doom with getting through doors before they close, and subsequently being trapped, as opening the door used up the key.

At one time we opened a door and then had to fight an elemental before we went through, during the fight the door closed.
« Last Edit: 19 September 2010, 00:32 by Redaurora » Logged
Red Raisin
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 September 2010, 04:46 »

We've had problems in temple of doom with getting through doors before they close, and subsequently being trapped, as opening the door used up the key.

At one time we opened a door and then had to fight an elemental before we went through, during the fight the door closed.

The lever door will reset itself.
Redaurora
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 September 2010, 05:38 »

Oh sorry, I didn't communicate that very clearly, I meant the doors that require keys to get through, this particular door was the one that you open with the key you get from the very first boss (Malignunununununus or something, the one with the quarterstaff!).

The only way to reopen it would be to get another key (which was a problem), maybe just have it sit open for 10 minutes or so? A similar time to the large doors that need to be opened to get to the high priest.

To be honest, the second time we went through there weren't any problems, or near-problems, though there is still the potential for someone to be 60 seconds late, and miss it.
« Last Edit: 19 September 2010, 05:44 by Redaurora » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to: