Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 09:37

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Character Builds  |  Dragon Builds  |  Druid 20 / Bard 4 / PM 16 bychaky furtz
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Druid 20 / Bard 4 / PM 16 bychaky furtz  (Read 5777 times)
chaky_furtz
Poster

View Profile
« on: 27 October 2010, 10:37 »

Human true neutral to avoid smiting

str 8
dex 13 ( 14 )
con 8
int 14
wis 18 ( to 30 )
cha 11 (12 )

druid 1 -> 18
blindfight
dodge
ext spell
WF unarmed
KD
imp crit Unarmed
imp KD
mobility

bard 19 -> 21
great wisdom 1

PM 22 -> 32
Great wisdom 2,3,4

druid 33
dragon shape

PM 34 -> 38
epic energy resistance acid
EWF unarmed
EMA ( or epic warding I dont know :/)

druid 39
armor skin or armor prof heavy

bard 40

taunt 43 ???
disc 43
tumble 43
UMD 43 ( what is the max usefull?)
spellcraft 43
concentration 43

thanks for your comments, as a newb in the building area, all critics are more than welcome!
« Last Edit: 27 October 2010, 11:00 by chaky_furtz » Logged
tonoplast
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2010, 12:59 »

I'm not sure if you need dodge and mobility (although dodge is supposed to give you like +1 AC, and mobility .. well not so much since u'll have tumble anyway) are much useful.

[Deleted Imp unarmed strike thing, an inside informant told me this is creature weapon, so won't cause AOO!]

and maybe take toughness, or maybe some weapon proficiency (martial / exotic both if you can fit them in) / heavy armor (these are very useful), instead of well imp KD..

[If you can fit in Spell focuses, like Transmute for example, for massive long and massive buffs to str/dex/con from aura of vitality.  its like +8 or so.. (+6? I dunno tbh, check at pocket! ^^) for like at least 10 minutes with epic trans focus

Or if you want, you could focus Divination for +3 ab / ac (I think), and drinking true strike pots to hit]

(normal focus, greater focus done in pre epic, and epic focus post-epic)

[Also, I hear u don't need to focus unarmed strike / epic focus, as it's included in the shape. This true?]

Also for the starting stat, if you have not much Charisma use (other than some + skill points/ lvl 4 bard spells are quite useless at this point), maybe add to con as well, u wouldn't wanna have like 200 hp when unshifted. [And I don't see a point in going 14 dex as well [fixed DEX for Dragon]. I guess 13 was for dodge and stuff, but if u r dropping it, i guess you won't need it.]

For pre epic, you lose 2 ab from druid and bard levels.. so if you could do like 19 druid 5 bard 16 PM .. so go 16 druid 4 bard pre epic, that'll give you 2 more ab than what you have here I think.

For energy resistance, I guess if you go Fire dragon, then acid would be useful, but a lot of times.. green dragon would take care of it, so perhaps take sonic or something, or other elemental resist depending on what items you have.

I dunno what kind of AC you will get but with shield + PM, you should have pretty decent AC. I would prefer Epic Warding cuz I think the creature attack while Epic Warding on will negate any damage reduction, though I am not 100% sure. it should go through pretty much any soak. (but then again, this sounds more like a tanking build rather than hitting)

No epic prowess btw? I guess u can either go EP or Armor skin (provided that u took heavy armor feat pre-epic) --> [I guess if you drop EWF, you can take EP and Armor skin! (or heavy armor if u couldn't fit it in Pre-epic]

You'd only need 40 tumble I think! maybe 9 or so perform for fun bard song Tongue
I think max UMD is 25, but please check with others!

GG GL HF Cheesy

[Sorry, this is very messy!]

« Last Edit: 27 October 2010, 15:05 by tonoplast » Logged
chaky_furtz
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2010, 16:37 »

let s go for the v2  Grin
transmutation is cool, abjuration or divine, I don t know yet, but yeah, aura of vitality with +8 is awesome for 100 rounds

human TN
str 12/ dex 8/ cons 12/ wis 18/ int 14/ char 8

druid 1 14

1 blindfight armor prof heavy
3 ext spell
6 spell focus trans
9 greater spell focus trans
12 thoughness (usefull maybe KD better?)

bard 15
15 weap prof martial

druid 16 17

bard 18 20
18 weapon prof exotic

druid 21
21 ESF transm

PM 22 37
24 great wis 1
27 gw 2
30 gw 3
33 gw 4
34 EER sonic 1
36 epic warding  ( add cons from now on )
37 EMA

druid 38 39
39 dragon shape

bard 40

taunt 43
disc 43
tumble 43
umd 30
spellcraft 43
concentration 43
perform 9

well, with this one no need to choose between EMA and epic warding =)
« Last Edit: 27 October 2010, 16:41 by chaky_furtz » Logged
tonoplast
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 October 2010, 18:35 »

Looks better! Tongue

I guess KD would be a better choice.

and either take EMA (guess this is also better) or epic prowess, but it's just 1 ab anyway!

Have fun! (Tumble 40 maybe? Tongue)

Sune

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 October 2010, 23:20 »

Yes, you only need 40 Tumble.

Nice though.
azurerogue
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 October 2010, 02:37 »

I was too lazy to check my dragon, but they shape didn't get WF/EWF last time I checked.  The reason not to take it is because it doesn't WORK on Creature Weapons.  My concern with this build is this: what's the point? 

AB, as far as I can tell, is something like 25+25+6+1+3 (if you go divination)-2 (size) = 58 (Could get up to 69 with TS pot but only for like 3 rounds at a time). 
AC is something like 77

Epic Warding's duration is short, but it nets you the ability to penetrate DRs of X/+20 or less.  Problem being that anything with huge DR is going to probably require better AB to even hit.  Having a crit immune dragon is kind of nice, though, don't get me wrong. 

Not trying to be harsh - just pointing out the numbers I'm seeing so you know what you're getting in to before you hit 40.  Sucks to be disappointed after so much work.  If this seems worth it to you, though, go for it!

Account Name: .denikrut
chaky_furtz
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 October 2010, 09:19 »

wow yeah, I didn t check the duration of epic warding, as I m use to have it with my sorcs, but with this toon, it would be 16 round so 1m 36 seconds real times, which sucks!!!
what abvout the duration of EMA? it says 1 hour per level ingame, so should be long enough no?

yeah, I agree it s not an optimised combination, but I really like the idea of a skelly dragon in my mind ( even if it doesn t appear ingame, but maybe I can change that on my computer!), but at least, I don t want it to suck toooooo much, even if I know I will start a not perfect one.

As a skelly dragon I was suppose to go on the defense, not so much on the attack, after all, it s an almost survivor to go from flesh to bones!

KD is cool, but as said azure, the AB sucks, will it really be usefull, shouldn t I stay in defense build anyway?

I will redo that a little bit more then. and check for AB/AC max and duration

Thanks already for al the advices!
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 October 2010, 20:40 »

To be blunt:
If you want a skeletal dragon, make a PM30 - they get the dracolich summon, which has decent melee ability (enough to take out most standard mobs) plus a nice arsenal of spells.
The actual PM sucks at pretty much everything, but the dragon itself apparently makes up for it.

The downside with that is:
I never saw the point in making a build where the only useful attribute is the summon (WoF will crush you), but there are a few dracoliches wandering around Middle Earth, though I'm not sure how many are still used. You can decide for yourself if it's worth it, if you can find out from one of them how useful the dracolich is.

The problem with the defensive tactic is that PMs share the undead vulnerability to bludgeoning and divine damage, so anybody with any sort of bludgeoning weapon is going to tear you apart, even with crit immunity...
There are better tanks, both among PMs and among dragons, so I think your role as a defensive player would be slightly negated. I think Azure experimented with using a dragon shape to tank once or twice...the size makes it hard to move with even small numbers of NPCs around you, and you also can't raise your companions if they die (which is a major problem for a tank).

As a "fun" build, as opposed to going purely by numbers....well that's entirely up to you. If you think you'd enjoy it, then go for it by all means.

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
azurerogue
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 October 2010, 22:58 »

Dragon tank ended up not working because when you get flat-footed you get owned (curse you, time stop!).  My Dragon even has Uncanny Dodge (don't think Dragon Shape grants that) and still loses 20 AC when flatfooted.  Without Uncanny Dodge (assuming you hit the +20 Dodge Cap) if anything flat-foots you (most likely spell effects since you have TS and would be hard to KD with the actual feat) you're losing 39 AC, AFAIK. 

Account Name: .denikrut
chaky_furtz
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 October 2010, 09:46 »

yeah, would be very annoying with all those problem, hard to have fun with a evry bad toon. Anyway, this was very interresting to try to do this first build as I learn a lot in no time!

Thanks a lot for all the advices, I will try something else then, but first I have to go back to the pocket, soooooo much to read =D
locmer
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 October 2010, 11:01 »

If ya still want something in the theme of dragons,
I recently made a Druid 32 Monk 6 Shadowdancer 2, with the divination feats.

I primarily made one as a party favor with some interesting buffs and some agro spellcasting.

But the dragon shape seems to be working quite nice.
I could get to about AC: 90 and with the TS pots AB: 62-72

Ofcourse you be drinking potions untill yer hands acke of mouseclicking, but it works!

It a very versatile build, with hips (which I hardly use, but I can) and parry (for tanking if needed).
Even the dragons breath is decent against some targets.

So basically ya got a bit of everything.

Il try to make time tonight to post it here somewhere..

The biggest risk is not taking one.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: