Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 01:14

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Attacker Miss Chance
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Attacker Miss Chance  (Read 5530 times)
archvala

View Profile
« on: 09 November 2010, 17:58 »

Hi, i have problems with my sh toons. I have "attacker miss chance 50 %" on targets, which has no concealment, they are not hide. I thought i have cursed ammy, but i am without that ammy and still. Can it by that, i have only 1 sd lvl? If its that, it needs to write it to class changes. If it isnt, i rly dunno what it can be. Pls help, its second toon

acc: archvala
toon: zmije
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 09 November 2010, 19:43 »

Does the toon have blind fight, and are you fighting in low light areas when it happens?

I noticed this bug only once before, no idea what the toon was as it was a while ago, but I don't think it was a dwarf or half-orc who get darkvision. In one of the lowbie caves killing goblins I had 50% miss chance and I assumed it was something to do with the low light level and no blindfight, as soon as I took blindfight the problem went away.
« Last Edit: 09 November 2010, 20:01 by -firecracker- » Logged
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2010, 00:35 »

There's only a couple of cursed items and not all of them are ammy's.

There are several spells that give some form of concealment, never checked if all of them register concealment on their sheet. Blindfight cuts Miss Chance in half from a concealed opponent.

There are other things that can give out Miss Chances, you'll have to be specific as to which target it was, there's lots of stuff I don't know about yet.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
BaaRamYou
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2010, 08:19 »

Concealment would show up on the log as "Target Concealed X%", so the missing is all from your character. The only sources I know of so far are darkness, blind, and the modified vine mine:hamper (though this one rarely gives 50%).

Blind-fight removes ALL attacker miss chance, try this in arena with blind or darkness.
It also squares, not halves, conceal chance. It just happens that 50%² = 50%/2, but when you get to higher conceal chances such as 85%, blind-fight only takes it down to 72.25%, not 42.5%.
archvala

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 November 2010, 11:06 »

I didnt have this problem for long time, but now its again with one of my toon. Cleric 10/ 3 CoT, in the crypts by pallenor fields. first floor and lower floor. race elf. usuall items like undertaker ring, flame ring, +2 sword, plate, shield, boots, helm of the light, gountlets +2 str, ammy wight charm. belt 5/- blud cloak +1/5. spells ii, spell resist, dark fire, str, con and ab buff spells. i dont have blind fight, but looks like i have to try it, but on other toon, where i had this problem, it disappeared. i dont understand:/ i have screenshot, but dunno if it can help you.
locmer
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 November 2010, 11:46 »

I pretty sure it the wight charm.
I've encountered the same problem with that accursed piece of jewelry.

When I dropped the piece, died, relogged and stuff, the effect was gone.
Once equiped again I could feel a dark shadow creeping over me.
So naturally I gave it away to someone I didn't like  Evil

Anyways, you shouldn't wear stuff from the walking dead.
Yer bound to get punished by the evil spirits livin in them.

Cheers!

The biggest risk is not taking one.
archvala

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 November 2010, 11:51 »

i took blind fight and miss chance is gone... but still i would be glad why it was doing that.
archvala

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 December 2010, 20:53 »

looks like its from this ammy. but another toons didnt have it. they had...charmer i think its named. its +5 and death spell immu. its from the vampire in burial chambers...damn. nice ammy and i have to give it avay:) ty for help
BaaRamYou
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 December 2010, 16:56 »

I don't see why you have to give it away. Any physical attacker takes blind fight, negating the miss chance, while any caster won't be bothered by the miss chance.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 December 2010, 19:06 »

The charmer will also get you turned if wearing it in high level NPC areas with clerics/paladins (so pretty much everywhere).
« Last Edit: 02 December 2010, 19:10 by -firecracker- » Logged
archvala

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 December 2010, 10:44 »

I don't see why you have to give it away. Any physical attacker takes blind fight, negating the miss chance, while any caster won't be bothered by the miss chance.

blind fight dont negate all miss chance
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 December 2010, 14:30 »

Why are there cursed items to begin with? Not very player friendly and I doubt there is a single person who likes them or the idea of having them.
Rodriquez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 December 2010, 15:31 »

Why are there cursed items to begin with? Not very player friendly and I doubt there is a single person who likes them or the idea of having them.

For me, hidden curses do not add to my enjoyment of the game. I do not mind items having an open curse on them (penalty on saves, vulnerability etc), but having to guess what items triggers what curse in what area without any real way of being sure...it has happened to me and I do not see the fun in that
grunaldo
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 September 2016, 19:27 »

I have the same Problem with one of my chars.

Are there any new Informations about the Problem?
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 September 2016, 19:37 »

Hi - which toon is it?
grunaldo
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 13 September 2016, 19:17 »

It was "Shadow of Death", at level 24 i took "blind fight" and the Problem was gone.
But normally i did not want to take that feat.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 September 2016, 21:23 »

Blind fight is a very important feat for any melee toon IMO - I think it removes or reduces the various miss changes from low light areas and concealed NPCs. I think that maybe the races that get Low-light vision feat may also help with the miss chance as I noticed it can act differently with different races.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: