Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
23 April 2024, 23:08

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13123 Posts in 1337 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  Admin Announcements  |  Yoghurth's Goodbye Event
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Yoghurth's Goodbye Event  (Read 9069 times)
Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« on: 22 February 2011, 15:35 »

Hello lovely Gonds and Mords

The event will be on March 19 at 21.00 Europ Time (15.00 EST time)

I hope a lot of players can join this 3 task event. Teamwork and PVP wil be needed and Sherlock Holmes will be joining you.

What we need for this event to be a succes is a lot of people to join and 2 teams. A Gondor and a Mordor team. You can already discus/pick the teams if you like with friends, however, if they are uneven right before the event, we may just have to even them out a little. ;)

Here are the rules for the first task as a team.  The guidelines for the other 2 will follow at the event:

The team can have only different builts to join. (If we get 20 people we may have to make exceptions. :p)
Example 4 team members: 1 AA, 1 Caster 1, Hitter and 1 Bard.
No Tank or Shifter!

There wil be red items for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and some nice gifts from DM Nobu for everybody that joins.

The rest Nobu and I wil explain to you guys/girl on the event.

Greatings and Hugs
Yoghy
(With added input from Nobu. ^.^ )

I have read over the event and think you all will have a bunch of fun, so be sure to mark this on your calenders and show up.  The more people that come, the more fun it is going to be!

Any questions or comments, feel free to post them below.

radagast
Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2011, 17:33 »

What kind of lvl range Nobu?

Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2011, 20:10 »

40s.  I'd assume 35 is up, but 40s would be recommended.

Rodriquez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2011, 12:03 »

The team can have only different builts to join. (If we get 20 people we may have to make exceptions. :p)
Example 4 team members: 1 AA, 1 Caster 1, Hitter and 1 Bard.
No Tank or Shifter!

Ha, cool event

Some questions:
1) Regarding different builds: not sure how to interpret this rule. For example, consider a Bard 20 /SD 10 /AA 10
and Wizard 17 /Monk 9/AA 14. Are they considered different builds for the purpose of this event? They are both ranged...also, the bard can cast spells as can the wizard: are they both considered casters too and thus limiting others in the team in their choice?
2) No Tank: Can you provide guidelines when a toon is/is not considered a tank for the purpose of the event?
3) No Shifter: Are non-shifter druids allowed? (e.g. dragonshape, elemental, animal shapes)

Yoghurth
Poster

<3 125 <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 February 2011, 14:47 »

Thanks Nobu for all the info ect, and the post off course wink. It was how i ment it, only my english is not as good as yours hehehe.

Rod:
1. Let me put it this way: There can be a Bard melee and a Bard AA join.
A caster built is like, a Sorc built/a Wizz built casting a lot of combat spels horrit, wail, dispell ect
(depents how many ppl join the event maybe a wizz and sorc can join but first find out how many wil be at the event)
If you got some wizz/sorc lvl because you need some spels to buff it wil be ok like a wm fight wiz.

2. No tank: like, DwarfD, Shadow tank ect the first task must be a fighting pvp task no dodge every hit you get Tongue or running like you hehehehe wink wink wink

3. indeed no shifter for the first task! so no dragonshape, elementel ect.  Kiss

But what nobu said:
 "however, if they are uneven right before the event, we may just have to even them out a little. ;)"
and ofcours how many ppl joins this event, maybe we put some other builts accepted or 2 of the same type to join but there must be still a ballance.

Hugs Yoghy

MAY THE SCHWARTZ BE WITH YOU
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 February 2011, 15:06 »

If there's to be no constant running, does that mean nobody with more than about 15 monk levels (permahaste in all but attacks per round) either? We all know they could just outstrip everybody forever...
^_^

So the first event is PvP...this should be interesting to see which builds get wheeled out to the combat ring XD

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Yoghurth
Poster

<3 125 <3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 February 2011, 16:55 »

LoL, only Rod cannot be hasted  Tongue Tongue Tongue. (just teasing him because one day he was hunting me and when we finaly met and he find out he was not winning he was running away  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue. (oh and it was a Monk built) sorry Rod  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

But rember the event wil have 3 task if you are in a gondteam you have to forfill the 3 task as a Gondor. The first task wil be a PVP task yes! After that we will explain task 2 and then task 3.

The Monk can join its a diff built then a hitter, bard, aa, caster ect. Plus there wil be 2 of them,, Gondor and a Mordor...... and they can be killed!!! I remember i killed Olle's uber Monk just in 3 hits whit nice crits on a event LOL  Evil Evil Evil Evil. So dont wurry about running Monks hehehehe

NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 February 2011, 17:21 »

It's more just that I can't be bothered chasing them for hours when they're the last ones standing  Evil

If there's somebody to moderate or referee I'm sure it won't be a problem ^_^

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 March 2011, 15:34 »

It's more just that I can't be bothered chasing them for hours when they're the last ones standing  Evil

If there's somebody to moderate or referee I'm sure it won't be a problem ^_^

I'll be sure to bring my whistle and uniform.  police  Make sure you guys tell people and get the news out.  I want this to be one grand spanking event. (Bet you haven't seen that expression in a while/ever.

Rodriquez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 March 2011, 16:57 »

LoL, only Rod cannot be hasted  Tongue Tongue Tongue. (just teasing him because one day he was hunting me and when we finaly met and he find out he was not winning he was running away  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue. (oh and it was a Monk built) sorry Rod  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Yes, that is part of the monk class: in general, monks don't fare well when they go toe to toe with hitters (nor do most casters for that matter). A tactic would be to run, hit, run, hit etc and hope runs out of true seeing, then finish the job. Boring, I know

But let's name this event The Good Riddance event  Grin
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 March 2011, 17:44 »

Saturday, won't be there sorry - Sunday is the better day for me.
Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 March 2011, 13:43 »

Just a reminder that the event is going to happen today in approx 7 hours from now.  Hope to see you all there!
« Last Edit: 19 March 2011, 20:43 by Nobutadas » Logged

Lief
Poster

Plays: Gondor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 March 2011, 19:59 »

- might miss your event Yogurth
- been trying to log on for the last hour, but my computer keeps crashing into the black (or blue) screen at the login screen.
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 March 2011, 11:58 »

It was nice ... really very nice to be there, too bad I couldnt stay the whole run ...
Thnx Yoghy and thnks to all who where there too
coop was great .... (as great as it looks 4 a n00b like me anyway wink )

Yoghy I will miss you a lot!!
 Cry

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
Yoghurth
Poster

<3 125 <3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 March 2011, 12:00 »

Heya all  Grin Grin Grin Grin

First of al i want to thanks Nobu for al the effort to make this happen yesterday!!!
Thanks  wink. Its fun to have ppl think i am a DM and being uber for ones hehehe.
To bad there where not much players there but to compleet the event but we had much fun and we did 2 out ot the 3 events!!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Lief i was happy to c your computer was fixed a little and joined the event!!

To bad we didnt kill the Balrogy at the end!!! But is was fun and you guys even got some boss
drops extra!! And not forget we got some hot-chicken for dinner (thanks Lief) and some muffins  Azn Azn Azn.  10x eggs and sistra's orb for some extra xp.

Winners of the second event PVP arena.
1  Lief
2 Chaoz
3 Fire

Realy great Chaoz,,, i didnt no know your Dragon did that well.. But hell what a long battle between the shifters and dragon vs dwf.  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
Dragoneye you where this close to win the battle against the dwarf  Cool Cool Cool. Kiss Kiss.
And remind me that i have to give you the bugd item hehehe
Biltor: i gave the item to Dragoneye so if you are online PM/tell him about it!!

Thanks everybody for the nice time i had at GvM, and all the help you give me in game!! I am going to miss you all, but i wil say hello sometimes when Dragoneye is online i wil take over his keyboard LOL and give you some tells.  wink wink Evil Evil.

And maybe!! i wil come back for some min to c how you all are doing but that wil be a long time from now. Have fun , good hunting and MAY THE SCHWARTZ BE WITH YOU!!!!

Greats  Kiss Kiss Kiss Hugs

Yoghurth aka Yoghy

Yoghurth
Poster

<3 125 <3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 20 March 2011, 12:01 »

Thanks Grey!!!!! i wil miss you too but hey,, i know where i can find you Smiley

Cry Cry Cry

DOH,, its been harder then i though it would be  Embarrassed

Huggs

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: