Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 09:15

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Caster level
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Caster level  (Read 2641 times)
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« on: 14 May 2011, 15:20 »

Just a heads up - the caster level wasn't shown for endurance, shield, shadow shield, or mage armour. All of my other buffs were fine.

Just thought you might like to know, in case something isn't working as it should.

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2011, 01:52 »

Oh good point.  So what that means is, those spells are not using the new method for caster level calculation, which is bad since those spells won't include RDD or PM levels like they should.

So, I will be updating them to use it.  If you find others, post them here please.  This is my list plus what Lawson posted so far.

bless
deathward
destruction
endurance
freedom
greater eagle's splendor, bullstr
greater restoration
mage armor
negative energy prot
owl's wis
protection from alignment
shadow shield
shield
spell resistance
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2011, 02:33 »

If I find any more buffs that don't seem to work, I'll let you know. It might be worth somebody who has a lot of free time building a test toon and testing them out there, with Sorcs especially. Or somebody who owns a wizard that already knows most spells, maybe.

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
radagast
Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2011, 13:44 »

After testing a few shifter builds mainly for rak shape the ice storm (cast when in shape) works as follows.

22 wiz 10 shifter 5 druid caster lvl is 32

Monk 2 druid 13 shifter 25 adds up to 38 caster lvls

It appears to take your 2 highest caster lvls and adds them but not all 3.

Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2011, 17:35 »

When determining the caster level, it has to decide if the spell is being cast by an arcane or divine casting class.  So you will only see shifter levels being added to either the divine class levels or the arcance, depending on which has the most.

It's nice to see it's working out pretty well.
radagast
Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 08 June 2011, 10:10 »

Just an update for you terror incase you need to adjust this not sure if its supposed to work like this.

Shifter 10, Druid 5 and 25 lvls of cleric gives a caster lvl of 25 (cleric lvls only)

Shifter 10, Druid 5 and 25 lvls of monk gives a caster lvl of 25? Seems to just count your monk lvls!

Shifter/druid/wiz and shift/druids combine fine.

I was hoping that Cleric is supposed to combine as it would be nice to have 35 caster lvls like my wiz/shifter.

Rabbac.

Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 June 2011, 16:51 »

That's interesting that it counted the monk levels, I'll look into it.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 July 2011, 04:18 »

Rad, I am re-adding the message about the casting level for spells.  I need a little more information about the builds that give unexpected caster levels.

What is the order of classes for the builds you listed? 
e.g. cleric, then druid, then shifter OR
druid, then shifter, then cleric OR
druid, then cleric, then shifter?

To add bonus casting levels from say PM levels, you have to determine whether the spell being cast is arcane or divine. 
If it is arcane, then you have to decide if the caster has 2 arcane casting classes (consider wizard/bard/PM or sorc/bard/PM or wizard/sorc/PM).  Or, if divine, if they have both druid and cleric levels.
And decide which of the classes is casting the spell (so that all your 28wizard spells cast at the proper level instead of at level 2bard for a 28wiz/2bard/10PM)

Though I haven't worked on it enough to figure it out, I think shifters screw this all up.  As a Rakshasa, you cast acid breath, but potentially have no arcane casting levels.  Or a drider casting magic missile or a spectre casting negative energy burst.

The scriptset I used to implement this was designed to add bonus levels for PMs (and incidentally RDDs fit in nicely too).  So the function that checks to see if you have arcane levels only checks your first class to see if it is arcane, if it isn't, then it assumes your second class is arcane, since otherwise, there'd be no possible way to have taken PM levels.  So I'll have to think about how to have it account for shifter properly.  It likely isn't hard, but I haven't had very many good days where I can focus on any of the ideas I've been working on long enough to make progress.  Until then, enjoy whatever benefits it has  Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: