Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24 April 2024, 04:41

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13123 Posts in 1337 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  In case you were wondering why the old NWN Bioware site is down...
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: In case you were wondering why the old NWN Bioware site is down...  (Read 1931 times)
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« on: 16 June 2011, 22:35 »

Yesterday (June 14), we learned that a hacker gained unauthorized access to the decade-old BioWare community server system associated with the Neverwinter Nights forums.  We have taken appropriate steps to protect our consumers' data and launched an ongoing evaluation of the seriousness of the breach.  We have determined that no credit card data was compromised, nor did we ever have or store sensitive data like social security numbers. However, hackers may have obtained your user account name and password, email, password, country and date of birth.  As a result, we have disabled your legacy Bioware Account.  To create a new account please visit social.bioware.com.

We take the security of your information very seriously and regret any inconvenience this may have caused you.  If your username, email address and/or password on the Neverwinter Nights forums are similar to those you use on other sites, we recommend changing the password at those sites as well.  We advise all of our fans to always be aware of any suspicious emails or account activity and report any suspicious emails and account activity to Customer Support at 1-866-543-5435.

If you have questions, please visit our FAQ at http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5367 or contact Customer Support at the phone number above.

Aaryn Flynn
Studio GM, BioWare Edmonton
VP, Electronic Arts

Keep'em rollin'
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 17 June 2011, 03:25 »

It sorta sucks these days, if you have any publicly accessible site with any usable info and is around long enough, someone will hack it.  Not just that, but societies as a whole have to expend so much energy and money to deal with the criminally-minded.  They're like the friction that burns up the bearings and wears away the gears of progress. 
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2011, 15:40 »

Why would they attack Bioware? Especially the forums of NwN?

I don't think they want those passwords. Heck, I've been using the password of NwN login for over 20 years, and I think I'll keep using even with that.

I think they might have other reasons... but then again, I might be wrong.
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2011, 18:16 »

Busted!!!  occasion14

PCWorld

CNN Tech

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: