Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20 April 2024, 07:53

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13123 Posts in 1337 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Character Builds  |  Epic Gargoyle
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Epic Gargoyle  (Read 3441 times)
azurerogue
Poster

View Profile
« on: 23 June 2011, 16:44 »

I made a toon built around the Epic Gargoyle a while ago, ended up not liking it and deleveled it to use the exp for other stuff.  I wanted to present the basic stats for it here and see what people think about it.  It's an odd build, and certainly doesn't seem like a primary tank to me - but can anyone think of places it might be useful?

Druid 6/Shifter 13/DD 22

BAB: 26
HP: 856 Base + 240 (+12 CON Items) = 1096
AC: 77 Self-Buffed with +6 Gear and Haste, 87 with Imp Expertise.  89 with Bard Song/Other Dodge Bonus

Parry: 85+ (4 Attacks Per Round) - This is less useful than for SDs since it doesn't get huge AC *or* Conceal but could still help I guess.
Discipline: 75ish
Spot: 70+

Other info:
+6 Regen without Items (DD)
50% Magic/Cold Immune
5/- Magic Resistance without Items
10/- Fire, Cold, Electric, Sonic Resistance without Items
EDR II + DD DR 11/-
25/+7 Damage Reduction
25/- Pierce Resist
SR 22
Defensive Awareness III means no Flanking which means no Auto-Sneak Attacks from multiple opponents (can still be sneaked via HIPS).

Biggest downside here is that there's not large enough AC to be relatively safe AND you're not crit immune.  You can get a meager 50% Conceal from Displacement (Cloak) and run Imp Expertise constantly (as you have crappy AB anyways - 52, I think without Imp Exp) to get near 80 AC with 50% conceal and almost 90 Parry without items (80 AC due to lack of Imp Exp while parrying).  Not sure at all if this is worth making because other tanks would outdo it in almost every situation.  It would be nice for tanking non-AA archers (who needs to do that often?) I guess.

Biggest upside is the large amounts of Damage Reduction/Resistance before considering any items.  The ele resists come from feats which (AFAIK) stack with item resistances.  Also, with the Fury Plate (dwarf only), a +2 regen belt, ring, cloak, and maybe helm (?) you're looking at around +19 regen per round which certainly won't save you when mobbed but could be helpful for 1v1 or small group tanking when combined with your Parry and other defenses.  

Again, I have serious doubts that this is even worth making - which is why I'm asking for feedback.  Any improvements (I can post the full build later, at work right now) or suggestions are appreciated.

Account Name: .denikrut
locmer
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2011, 18:09 »

Heya,

I think Ses and I started exploring the gargoyle a while (ages) ago.
Maybe with the sd class stuck into it and were primarily focussing on parry.
But we reconed that it would never function as a good tank due to the mediocre AC and none crit immune.

Parry tends to get bugged sometimes when you want to use items while in parrying stance.
And expertise can't be done at the same time as parry or defensive stance.

So basically you got three defensive abilities that will never shine like a high AC, epic dodging, decently concealed, crit immune tank.

Nevertheless is the epic gargy an exiting shape to look into.

I wouldn't know yet what I would do with it, but maybe it could function like a hitter instead.
Although I'm not sure how to get that lovely AB up.
Maybe CoT could compliment it.

But ya gotta admit that those claws are made for rending  Evil

The biggest risk is not taking one.
azurerogue
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2011, 18:35 »

Hm...  that makes me wonder about the possibility of an Assassin Epic Gargoyle...  it would provide decent conceal, a nice bonus to hit (+5 at 24, I think?), and limited HIPS if one wanted it... 

Although, now that I come to think of it I think the assassin's use poison would be wasted with the OnHit properties of claws and bite most likely.  I'll think some more on it - but thanks for the feedback Loc. 

Account Name: .denikrut
radagast
Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 24 June 2011, 10:10 »

Whats limited hips like? As Chaz was saying yesterday anyone with an assassin/rogue/ranger toon already has likely taken an SD lvl  Cheesy

Is it like the old timer hips used to be? I was thinking of making a death saalad assassin or rogue build.. it already does decent damage but with 25 lvls of sneak it coming out of hips it might be worth building. The AC gets to 80 easily and with the +5ish ab and conceal from assassin and some immunity in shape its pretty hard to take down.

Any chance of better kit in the build test area shop Terror? Just some basic stuff like a ring of illusionary fire or ghosts sashes etc so i can see what the build is like when semi-buffed at lvl 40?

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: