Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24 April 2024, 07:12

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13123 Posts in 1337 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  suggestions for item changes
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: suggestions for item changes  (Read 3547 times)
Rodriquez
Poster

View Profile
« on: 28 July 2011, 09:58 »

I would like to see some items changed in the game, so I figured I'd post my thoughts and suggestions here:

- spider ring: this ring used to be one of the better rings in bigby protection. Now it grants a -1 on saves penalty, 1 bigby immune that is allready covered by most of the current bigby protection items and lgrants freedom (which is good on a ring by the way). It's quite uncommon, while bigby can't seem to keep his hands to himself on this server. I'd suggest adding or changing the protection to  to forcefull hand and/or interposing

- dimba's axe: we could do with more battleaxe options I think. This one has severe limitations , seems intended for barbarians and deals minor sonic damage at the moment. How bout lifting some restrictions, making the damage type (more elec?) somethung else or pimping the sonic damage?

- Dwarven warhelm: upgrade to +6 AC instead of just +6 vs bludgeoning or maybe a % bludgeoning resistance as Dwarves have thick skulls?

- pimp that longsword that is restricted to halflings only? For them it is a 2handed weapon so I feel it would be fair to give them bonus damage dice comparable to some of the better 2handers out there

Rodriquez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2011, 10:00 »

Kerlin's robe: maybe some stealth bonus and/or +6?
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2011, 18:38 »

I think Dimba'a axe got changed a while back - the barbarian only restriction got removed - if you stick it in the update chest you should get the new one. However yeh battleaxes are currently not very well represented. Dimbas is very average, probably because it's pretty easy to get once you have the right toon for that area. Then there is the one from Rhovian boss which I have never seen. Other than that I can't think of any. There use to be the ying yang axe - very overpowered when first added to the mod, then it got toned down a little, but it and the area it came from were from the pre-wipe mod.
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2011, 15:06 »

Deep Sea Scimmy from Corsair Captain - i think no WM will choose this weapon unless it comes with a little more oomph . laugh

Keep'em rollin'
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2011, 06:18 »

Scythes are my only real issue, everything else is pretty well balanced. PLS remove the ftr/wm only restrictions and the better scythes (Khamul/Isenmouthe Captain) could stand to be siginificantly better,  especially Khamul's.

One of my favored builds is 29cleric/10cot/1monk. Max ab with might/shield and the other good stuff is about 66! No wm levels in that and the 5-6 builds that are actually better are well...better Tongue

Regardless though, khamul has the 2nd best scythe, its 2d6 elec/acid. The best scythe is +2, keen, 2d10 elec and requires a caster to make it +5. That has no comparison to the top 3 best great sword/axes....not even close. It costs a feat, it should be better.

1 handed weapons I don't care so much about as they should be considerably weaker. Though I do think Stormlord should be better than the standard axe drop besides just the keen. Keep in mind I'd still never use it.

Good suggestions can go a very long way as long as they are feasible.

Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 August 2011, 20:52 »

Some of these items have been updated.  Use the exchange chest to see.  Don't worry about having any new restrictions on any of the items.
Rodriquez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 August 2011, 03:05 »

cool, I've seen updates on:
- dimba's axe (not new)
- kerlin robes now +6
- deep sea scimmy no longer wm only and slight increase in damage

Thanks!
Rodriquez
Poster

View Profile