Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 16:06

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Anyone still around?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Anyone still around?  (Read 36433 times)
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« on: 07 December 2011, 20:23 »

Not been on much myself last couple of months, probably only a couple of hours in the last six weeks.

When I do logon I usually see 0 - 2 players on.

So, anyone still around?
« Last Edit: 24 August 2014, 22:42 by -firecracker- » Logged
Wake of death
admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 08 December 2011, 03:44 »

Hi,

I stop by once in a while to see who is on and to do a reset if needed. But between te university and work, I have little time for anything else. Hope to be back full force in a short while.

Thanks
trevormcc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 December 2011, 04:13 »

I'm on and later in the evenings there are usually 2 or 3 of us grinding away.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 December 2011, 00:05 »

I'm always around, but it's hard to find time to sit and play uninterrupted for more than 30 minutes at a time.  I've mostly been absorbed in a personal project, that may or may not ever reach a point where people can play it.
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 December 2011, 12:20 »

Last time I logged in was 3 months ago, I may find time & interest again when I am done playing some other games. I still want to start some new toons for which I have the gear already and I sure miss the good 3-4 man raid parties....
« Last Edit: 09 December 2011, 12:35 by Chaozrulez » Logged

Keep'em rollin'
Sancho29
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 December 2011, 17:30 »

Skyrim
Saints Row III
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Metal Gear Solid HD Colection
Battlefield 3
Modern Warfare 3

...and coming soon to a console near you...
Mass Effect 3!!!

Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
Wake of death
admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 December 2011, 20:39 »

Sancho,

You still have 4 hours in the day, need to play NWN.

LOL j/k. All good games

Hope you are having fun

Thanks
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 December 2011, 07:46 »

So many games, wow!  I stopped playing Counter Strike 6-7 years ago when life-consuming addiction was setting in, and my wife requested it.  Except for games of Age of Empires II I play with my daughter, I've played almost nothing other than NWN since.
« Last Edit: 14 December 2011, 03:22 by Terrorble » Logged
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 December 2011, 07:12 »

In a similar vein to Sancho:
Skyward Sword, which I glitched and so need to start again...
OOT 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Also:
Jealous of friends who have Skyrim, may buy that later.
Jealous of people who have Saints Row III, looks like great fun, may also buy that later.

Plus I just started a new job - 4 days a week of 10 hour shifts, and they're talking about making us do an extra day in January...
Then I still want time to both chill AND visit my friends when I can...so yeah, I'm a bit busy ^_^

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Rodriquez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 December 2011, 23:52 »

Been a few months since last time I logged in, kinda missed the pvp element and got a bit bored with the same areas and farming...I hate farming. Have not decided wether I come back or not, probably will at some point. Would be a shame if GvM died in between though  Shocked

Last time I left I came back after more than a year and the whole place had changed: many class changes, many areas changed. Was interestingf for a builder like me (oh and I had lost all my gear and toons due to a wipe, which was BAD....not a suggestion: do NOT repeat)

pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 December 2011, 18:48 »

I was supremely addicted to Delta Force Black Hawk Down for a few years.

And by the way, the new one is almost here.
radagast
Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 24 December 2011, 15:52 »

I've not been on for a month of two.. like Rod I miss pvp and the numbers had been woeful before i left..

It was hard to give GvM up and I still miss it but so many old, semi-old players have given up (like a few above) and I found myself wandering around alone and with all the changes made for raids and group play its boring soloing in the only few areas you can to say the least.

Before all the changes soloing was still good when the numbers went up and down but that's not really an option any more..

Not being critical (or maybe i am) but i thought it was a mistake at the time to make so much of the mod for party play at a time when keeping up the numbers of people playing was more important. I know the numbers inevitably go down due to the age of the game but before I left I felt a lot of people were passing through (tried to encourage by partying and giving kit) and it was important to keep them here. There were still decent numbers playing other mods and during the summer we got about 10 or sometimes more playing.

I think that pre-wipe mod it was mainly a soloing game with the option to team up for pvp when the numbers were there but now soloing isn't worthwhile and there's no-one to pvp with i think the only way to keep the mod going to to find that balance again.

Anyway enough rambling from me i would just like to thank everyone who have made the mod what it was and gave me over 10 years of joy and a lot of good friends on the way as well as memories  Grin

Take care all and have a good christmas and new year if your gonna delete my accounts (there are many!) please leave rabbac48 i will look in now and then and perhaps get my enthusiasm back after the new year I sincerely hope the mod keeps going and finds as hardcore a group as it once had.

All the best,

Rabbac  wink

cosmic_pariah
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 December 2011, 16:35 »

I still play now and then. I have little time due to work.
Lief
Poster

Plays: Gondor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 December 2011, 18:49 »

Ahh, Rabbac is quitting again, I see.  Shocked
locmer
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 December 2011, 10:07 »

Hey guys,

Been loggin in since last week.
Have been away for some time due to diaper duties.
But it seems I can find the time and motivation to port in here and there.
Lets see how long that lasts  laugh

Some guys seem to be on frequently: Chupa, CP, Dragoneye, me for now, and we even got some newcommers.
Yes it is still possible!, NWN never dies!!!  Evil

See ya around.

The biggest risk is not taking one.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 08 January 2012, 00:02 »

I logged in today for the first time in a while. Not much going on (I hear the Xmas period was very dead, no DMs around etc).

In my short time on today I ended up doing nothing except helping a new player find their way out of the pocket as that still seems to be a problem which I have bought up before and a number of times in game but nothing has changed...

IDK, I struggle to find any new challenge in the mod, no updates for six months, the inability to attract new players or active DMs is a big problem IMO...as I still see other servers with a constistent 20-40 players - so I still believe an active and well maintained mod will always get the playerbase regardless of the age of the game.

Going on from what rabbac was saying...I miss some of the stuff from the pre-wipe mod too...The old BD raid was great fun - probably the most team-based and game-play-rewarding maps there ever was as the entire route (and other boss caves etc) was a challange...but again an idea to bring that back to life seems to be a no-no as I guess there is no backup version available to anyone to restore these great maps/npcs...

I don't want to see GvM die either so lets hope for a much more active GvM for 2012 Smiley
« Last Edit: 08 January 2012, 00:18 by -firecracker- » Logged
Rade
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 January 2012, 06:05 »

huh

The GvM bug has bit again!

You might see me around... Trashing the King of Pelargir!  Evil
KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 January 2012, 17:20 »

I was actually just thinking about this place earlier today.  If I can manage to find my disks you might see me roaming about once more.  Been years!  It'll be nice to see/play with you guys again.

Sancho29
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 January 2012, 00:12 »

For me, most of the reason I loved GvM back when I joined came from the thrill of the hunt.  

I miss the days when I would not leave the city without buffing first because some evil-doer like Zev was outside the gate waiting to steal your lunch money and punch you in the nuts.  Now when I do get on I just wander around unbuffed,  maybe down some bosses with Ses or Lawson.  But I never feel an ounce of worry that we might be attacked.  

So I tend to spend my time on Antiworld or that Alestrom (sp?) server with the rest of the pit dogs.  I love to fight,  and the only pvp I see at GvM these days is rather one-sided.  I mean you can kill someone and despite other people being in range, nobody attempts to retaliate.  Nobody looks to avenge their comrade.  You can walk into MT with the Mouth of Sauron and fornicate with Deleberating Dessa...nobody would care.  

But I enjoy this place too much to leave...  I'd just like to see some intensity around here.  It's like playing dominoes in an old folks home.  Somebody get mad and kill somebody!

Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 January 2012, 00:37 »

Nice to see a post from you KK (and others of course).
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 January 2012, 01:01 »

Woah, players of old - Rade and KrazyKuban make an appearance! Howdy both! Cheesy

PvP is very one sided mainly due to the changes to spells, mage is the prime example - I rarely saw people look for PvP that weren't playing mages which is probably why there is not much retaliation either. I am pretty sure the changes were made to improve the PvM side of them as they now have a whole arsenal of other useful spells on top of the non-save horrid, bigby, ice storm and missile storms.

This had the effect of making them stronger than ever in PvP but I like the changes as it makes them a lot more versatile in PvM (I only used mine for PvM) and opens up some of the spell schools which by default you would never pick.

Arranged limited group PvP stuff would be great though as it would probably even things out (not the 1v1 stuff in the arena).
Aleena

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 January 2012, 04:46 »

Rod, Rad, KK, PP! It's been a looooong time! I actually installed NWN at work today (yeah, I'm in the industry...) but my HotU key is missing so I'm stuck with SoU for the moment which allows me to do exactly nothing on-line. Hoping to get that fixed tomorrow. What's this about a wipe though? It's been 3 years so I'm guessing Halrick and Stub will have to start anew. *sigh* Thanks for the good times! Skyrim is fun but horribly lonely - it simply makes me pine for my beloved NWN era. RIP 2002-2008.

~Aly
Pixie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 January 2012, 19:11 »

I'm frankly amazed that GvM still exists!  For those who don't know me, I'm Pixie, the guy who made the module in the first place, back in... 2003 I think?  ... and ran the original server back when we could only handle ~12 players without horrible lag.

I had a sudden hankering for NWN this weekend and was super-surprised to see "LOTR Gondor vs. Mordor" still in the server list.  To the players, DMs, and admins who have kept the mod/server alive since I went AWOL back in 2006 or so, cheers!

It's very funny & nostalgic to see what's changed and what's still the same. Pelennor was the first area I made, and it seems pretty much the same. Someone's messed with the Mindolluin goblin caves in the last few years though, haha!

I wonder whether the DM item that lets you turn PCs into pixies still exists. Smiley
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 January 2012, 20:31 »

I kinda got dragged into a DnD based MMO, DDO, for quite some time now, thus that beeing the main reason I abandoned the server. I did sometimes try to "return to my liege", but I think I was at a point into the game that nothing was really thrilling to do anymore. And then I cliked the DDO ad...

I also got kind of disgruntled about how the server was becoming high magic again. I remember it drove me nuts that Freedom items were easy to obtain ... again. . Still, I lurked here, seeing how Terror was taking care of things. GvM is lucky to have him Smiley

I do miss the friendships and awesome battles for dominance over Middle Earth that the server used to have. Maybe the best fun I've ever had. I remember I even promised Turril I'd program a PvP counter for him - and I did it! Just didn't deliver  Sad

But who knows? Maybe if they change that music of Minas Tirith that I'm sick of listening over and over again I might come back  laugh
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 January 2012, 02:05 »

Whoa, wouldn't have expected a post from Pixie.  I've long thought about the journey of this mod from your desktop to mine, and have been very impressed by the quality of the module core.

PF tho has always been a great area.  Actually, back when we were tracking PvP stats, it was consistently the highest battleground area forever.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
Jump to: