Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 18:18

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Anyone still around?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Anyone still around?  (Read 36421 times)
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: 14 September 2013, 06:00 »

(FYI) Sent a PM to Red Raisin today about the possibility of obtaining the missing 2da's.
cosmic_pariah
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 22 September 2013, 17:53 »

hey folks,

Is there any news on possibility of server rez?
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 22 September 2013, 20:26 »

Well I have not heard anything back from RR about the 2da's as of yet which isn't too much of a surprise considering RR has not been around for so long. It is possible that Terrorble would be kind enough to rebuild those if needs be.

I was out of town all last week so assuming no-one else has emailed/heard back Turril about the server vault I have just done that just now.

If that fails then we have no vault which also means that if we were to get it up and running (either on a self hosted platform or paid for hosted platform - still to be decided) it would have to use an empty vault. I would probably put myself in the position to say that I would reimburse everyone with at least 1 level 40 and try to make leveling additional 40s quicker than normal for the first few days/weeks.
Thiagow2008
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 24 September 2013, 06:02 »

I don't mind starting from scratch really. Although starting from zero just to be at the exact same place again is not really appealing. If we are really doing this, it would be better to make a few changes to the mod first to give players the know GvM experience and something more to encourage people.

These changes could be anything, like new areas, bosses, items. Or other misc stuff like changing the xp factor for party play, drop rate. Bring back those random items from moria orcs (Magic items) but make them actually usefull, etc...

I honestly think that would  be a good idea. If we consider the first wipe a lot of people quit, but a lot continued playing and part me thinks it's because the mod changed after the wipe, giving players a slightly different experience.

It might be difficult to make these changes because of time of course, but if we could it would be somewhat interesting.

I know a bit about programming, although i don't know the first thing about NWN Scripts, I could try to learn it in order to help a few things with the mod.

Keep in mind this is just an idea. If we can keep the server running with or w/o the vault it would be an improvement of our current situation.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 24 September 2013, 07:01 »

I spent a bit last night reconstructing polymorph.2da and will finish it in the next few days.  There is at least two or three other 2da that need a few added lines, and then we should be mostly working again in that department.

What happened to the random items from the moria orcs?  What were they using for weapons?

I like the idea of random weapons with random enhancements for basic creatures that you fight many of.  I racked my brain for days figuring out how to make that random weapon script system work for the orcs, wildmen, etc. It was very rewarding when if finally did work.  But I agree, it could be improved still and play a larger roll in the mod.  I have a random weapon, ammo, and gear system I made for my current project that makes some interesting stuff.
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 24 September 2013, 17:18 »

Hmm not in favour of clean server vault since I just managed to get all monk items before server went out, including 22 toons and boss gear accumulated on those... Shocked
Sure I'm not the only one but you guys have been through a wipe already just before I started playing GvM...

Keep'em rollin'
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 24 September 2013, 18:58 »

I spent a bit last night reconstructing polymorph.2da and will finish it in the next few days.  There is at least two or three other 2da that need a few added lines, and then we should be mostly working again in that department.

That's great Terrorble - thanks Smiley
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 25 September 2013, 09:39 »

OK one step closer, Terrorble has rebuilt and sent me a couple of 2da overrides which the mod used, there could be others so should the mod go back online players may pick up things that are missing. Still awaiting any sort of news on obtaining the server vault from Turril.
Zoltar_
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 25 September 2013, 23:19 »

Glad to hear about improvements, hope to see ya all soon online.
Ace-of-Spades
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 26 September 2013, 02:35 »

I for one would not be terribly upset if we got the mod up and running without the vault. Of course, I'm sure I didn't have as much high tier gear and toons as others though.

Starting from scratch is the initial reason I was looking to log into the mod several months ago anyways. I don't want to hop on my level 35-40 toon, I'll just get bored and quit playing within a couple days. Starting from scratch at least gives me some of that excitement you can only get when you start GvM with a new toon and have to accumulate your gear repertoire.

Either way, I don't mind. Also, I am all for making improvements to the mod. If we are going to be cobbling it back together why not make some useful improvements? I say that as a spectator though, and I realize the effort these things require.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
Jump to: