Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 12:06

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  DWA (Dwarven War Axe)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DWA (Dwarven War Axe)  (Read 2771 times)
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« on: 15 May 2012, 01:28 »

OK, so in NWN2 they made the (very sensible) change in that dwarfs could take focus in the DWA without the need for exotic feat. This was a great idea...considering the name of the weapon class, any build can take exotic feat and use it (in NWN1) - kind of defeats the purpose of the word dwarven in dwarven war axe. So devs - as the DWA isn't too well represented in the mod, how about allowing dwarves free access to the weapon like in NWN2? Possible?

Ticking things over in the future talk section Smiley
« Last Edit: 15 May 2012, 09:32 by -firecracker- » Logged
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2012, 19:27 »

If you can give proficiencies in individual weapons (proficiency in DWA or "Weapon Proficiency (Dwarf)" with DWA as the only weapon in the category, rather than giving them the full Exotic set) then you could just assign that at character creation. I don't know whether that's possible or not...

I'm sure I said this to someone at some point myself - I like the idea, anyway.

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2012, 07:04 »

I'd have to remind myself, but I read how someone did something for dwarves along these lines.  I think they scanned the character when they equip a weapon to see if they have the stonecunning feat, since only dwarves have it, and gave a bonus or granted a focus feat.  If you add a feat that way, it introduces issues with character validity and choosing additional feats that require that one as a pre-req.
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2012, 13:13 »

Yeah I definitely remember seeing instructions on how to do it, but I couldn't find them when I looked them up yesterday. That sounds like what I read, so it was probably the same.

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: