Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
25 April 2024, 00:47

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13123 Posts in 1337 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Shifter suggestion
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shifter suggestion  (Read 2269 times)
Rodriquez
Poster

View Profile
« on: 01 July 2008, 23:41 »

while the server was down, I was playing on another server where they did some very nice adjustments to shifters. For every 3 shifter levels, you would get a +1 to hit and for every 5 you would get +1 AC. They also lowered some stats, namely for dragons. That closed the gap between golems and dragons a bit more

This really makes sense to me: for most of the more effective shapes, it doesn't matter if you have 10 or 28 shifter levels - stats on the dragon don't change as the shifter gets epic levels.

I really like the way they handled the shifter there, so if possible and peole like the idea, maybe we could implement something similar here? Just a thought

Cheers,
Rodriquez
ShinsFortress
Poster

Beauty and the beast.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2008, 10:39 »

If you're thinking of Three Towns, those buffs are less than the crushing swings from the nerf bat that preceeded them....  Smiley

Still, the point as posted sounds good to me.  I don't want Shifters to suddenly turn into what PMs, Cleric Dragons or HIPSers have been in the past.  But would like them to be more competitive at least.  Epic versions of shapes need improving, at least.  Other changes more complicated maybe.  Undead forms for example.  The Risen seems to be one of the few "almost okay" forms, and I have use a Vampire once or twice.  But a Spectre?  There are other combat machine shapes, so maybe give it some "specials"....

PS:  Should this thread not be part of the "Shifter Classes" thread?

MORS VINCIT OMNIA
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: