Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20 April 2024, 01:55

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)˛.

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  Admin Announcements  |  EVENTS
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EVENTS  (Read 14110 times)
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« on: 05 July 2008, 19:51 »

Tonight (saturday july5th @ approx 9pm est) i will be running a dm event. It will be teams. mid range lvl  (sumwhere around 18-24) not exactly sure yet. More info around event time.  Plz dont use this area to post in,  Make an event Q/A section in players forums. ( I already have a hard enuff time finding ur ideas etc cause u post em everywhere) Shocked
HazMatt
Poster

Plays: Against monsters

Turn on your geiger counter...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2008, 04:09 »

If you don't want people to post, lock the thread.  Smiley

Thread locked!!!!!

Haven't played in ages…
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2009, 10:16 »

This Saturday April 16 there will be a FFA event taking place. An FFA is a Free For All. Everyone vs everyone. Meet time in wiz pocket will be approx 830pm Eastern Time with the event to start shortly after.  I am thinking high 20's to low 30's for the lvls unless players decide otherwise. At least 10 required to run the event

Start time is a estimation based on how easily my daughter gets to bed  Grin
The Joker
Poster

Event DM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 June 2009, 15:37 »

Middle Earth Melee Mastery Tournament
June 6th @ 2PM EST

A call has gone out in search of Middle Earth's most promising upcoming masters of hand-to-hand combat.

The contest will be as follows:

-All participants must been between levels 19 and 31.  That is, they must be any level from 20-30.

-As this is a melee event, archers need not apply.  Missile weapons of any kind are also prohibited.

-This event shall be magic-free.  Any casting of a spell is automatic disqualification, whether it be from an item or natural ability.

-Immunity to Critical Hits is not permitted, as it generally implies some form of magical involvement

-Bard songs, Barbarian rages, and Defensive Stance are permitted.

-Hide in Plain Sight is prohibited, although Corner-sneaking is allowed

-Fights will consist of 1 on 1 fights determined by random bracketing.

-Fights will be no longer than 5 minutes.  If a winner is not decided in the time, the individual with the lowest percentage of health will be declared the winner.

-Healing will be limited to a single stack of potions of heal critical wounds provided to you at the beginning of each fight.  If you do not use the potions from a previous round, you will be permitted to keep them in addition to the new stack.  That is the bonus for winning.

-Healing Kits are prohibited and should not be present in participants' inventories.

-Regen items are permitted up to a maximum of 5 points.

-The group will be separated into two brackets: 20-25, and 25-30.  A level 25 must choose which bracket to participate in, and cannot participate in both.  (Highly encourage to play up, however.)

-Participants must be registered for the tournament prior to Saturday, June 6th, so that the battle-brackets may be drawn up.

-Participants much register into a particular bracket.

-In the event a participant cannot register in the given time, there will be a one hour period prior to the event where those participants will be allowed to register, however because their bracket cannot be randomized as the others are, and thus all late entries will face one another for "Wild Card" spots determined by free-for-all style combat.

-A registration topic will be made in the Player Forum.  Alternatively, a PM or /tell can be sent to The Joker directly for ease of access

If any other questions should arise, feel free to discuss them on the player forums, and they will be addressed prior to the event.  If a suggestion or change is deemed reasonable, it may be implemented.

Extra questions are answered http://www.gondorvsmordor.com/gvm2/forum/index.php?topic=737.0

Best of luck to all

The Joker
« Last Edit: 06 June 2009, 18:00 by The Joker » Logged
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 September 2009, 23:08 »

DM event- tonight eta 930pm est (depending on family stuff)

CASTLE INVASION

-Gondor team invades Mordor controlled castle
-high lvl (up to 40)
-4 gonds per Mordor (max) (mords hve npc's as well)

RULES
-no gs or ethrealness
- toons killed by pvp may not be ressed....thos killed by npc's may be ( in the case that a shout is not given I will make the call)
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY ANY DROPS BE PICKED UP
-i will be gathering drops, and the winning team gets the loot
-ANY 1 PICKING UP ANY LOOT BAG WILL INSTANTANTLY FORFIET FOR THEIR TEAM
-playing best of 3 rounds.. mords win when all gonds are dead. gonds win when all  boss npc's are dead and all mords are dead/or not defending
-if no boss drops happen i will randomly create 3 boss drops
-treasure division is to be determined by the teams themselves

« Last Edit: 05 September 2009, 23:26 by Turril » Logged
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 September 2009, 14:13 »

Team pvp event tonight (sept 26) approx 9:30 pm EST

LEVELS 33+   
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 November 2009, 21:10 »

Event Saturday november 28 at about 930-945pm (real life allowing).
max lvl 33
if we get 10+ first prize will be a DRAGON RING
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 January 2010, 20:20 »

Last minute event

Tonight Saturday Jan 2, at aprrox 930-10pm eastern time will be doing an event.

Grand prize is a random item from the Balrog ( he feels bad for drinking to much and not playing on NYE)

Need at least 6 people 8-10 better it is going to be a team race, winning team members have the chance for the item. event is going to be in 3 parts....will probably take 70-90 mins ( i am guessing)

prize for 2nd place is a random item off a random boss....lists of both items and bosses will be posted later.
 3rd place wins a random item off the Corrupted Thrall
Rules
part 1- team vs npc's  all gear and spells etc allowed
part 2 - rules TBA
part 3 - rules will be same as part 2 Cheesy

Random Items from balrog will be the following ( winner rolls to find out what)

1. Nazgul Rope of the Afterlife
2. Ring of Barahir
3. Hellfire Boots
4. Balrog Claws
5. Balrog Skull
6. Balrog Scales
7. Flame of Udun
8. Amulet of Udun
9. your choice
10. your choice

Random bosses  for 2nd prize are

1-Azog, 2- Farimir, 3- Gadariel, 4- Gardrahl

« Last Edit: 03 January 2010, 02:13 by Turril » Logged
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 January 2010, 04:41 »

NRLG EVENT
(No Red Letter Gear)

Sunday Jan 31 at approx 2pm EST

lvls 21-26
no mages over lvl 10
no more than 2 wands
no more than 10 scrolls....no time stop scrolls
no Word of faith spell from clerics
no GS or ethrealness
no gear with red letters
10 heal kits or cure crit pots for entire event
4 other heal items allowed ie: bessy milk pots,heal pots etc
clerics may cast heal spells
NO RED LETTER ITEMS MAY BE ON THE CHARACTER AT ALL...NO EXCEPTIONS
1-1 round robin event  
2 pts win 1 point tie 0 for loss
5 min rounds
top 2 point winners duel for first place
rest do a FFA for 3rd place

1st place wins
 first round bye in his lvl division in upcoming glad games ( details for glad games posted later)
 15K xp to toon of his/her choice
  red letter boss item ( tba during event)
2nd place
 10k to toon of his/her choice
 red letter boss item (lesser)
3rd place
  7.5k xp to toon of his/her choice
  hero's bracer

PRIZES  
(first place picks first, 2nd picks second)

8+  baragor's axe, Dragon ring
>8  kerlins blade, harvester of painless

***   5 or lesss people will either mean the cancellation or event or removal of all red letter prizes and then the heros bracer becoms first prize
« Last Edit: 31 January 2010, 13:22 by Turril » Logged
Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 March 2010, 01:15 »

Lets see.

Going to have a team event this Sunday at 3:00 PM Est time.  Prize is going to be xp and travel tickets for everyone who participates.  Winning team will get more xp and that will be determined by how many people show up on Sunday.  Details on what the event will be will be said on Sunday at the event time.  No ethereal, GS, or time stop will be allowed.  If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Level range will be 27 - 32.

Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 March 2010, 14:24 »

if we get 10+ players i will kick in a boos item from either lonely mts, baragor, ossy, or dale (random) for the winning team to roll for
Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 March 2010, 14:48 »

Going to do a level 33 - 40 Team event this Sunday at 4 PM est time.  No etherreal, Greater Sanctuary, or Timestop.  Participation prize will be same as usual. (XP and travel ticket).  If we get more than 10 people I will throw in a random Red item in Nobu's inventory.  Hope to see you all there!

Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 April 2010, 15:15 »

2 Events this Weekend

Event 1

Saturday, April 17 at 8 PM est

Team free for all.  Everyone will be paired up into teams of two that will switch each round.  The top three individuals will then have a free for all to decide first, second, and third.  The prize for this event will be xp and travel tickets to be decided based upon the turnout.

The level range will be 27 - 32.
No time stop
No ethereal
No GS
No healing from EQUIPED items

Event 2

Sunday April 18 at 4:30 PM est

Level range will be 27 - 32
No more than 2 wands
No more that 10 scrolls (This includes remove blindness and restoration!!!)
No greater sanctuary or etherreal
No more than 10 heal kits or heal items for the entire event
No curing from EQUIPPED items (So don't use blessed cloak to heal)
No summons

This will be a 1 - 1 round robin event
Each round will be 5 min each and you will be given about 30 sec to buff.
2 points for a win, 1 for a tie, and 0 for a loss
Top two point winners will duel for first.

Prizes:
1st:
15k xp on toon of their choice and a red lettered item to be decided later

2nd:
10k xp on toon of their choice and lesser red lettered item to be decided later

3rd:
10k xp

The rarity of the red lettered items will be based on how many people show up.  Need 10 people at least for the good red lettered items.  Hope to see you all there. If you have any questions post them in the event questions topic.
« Last Edit: 16 April 2010, 17:08 by Nobutadas » Logged

Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 May 2010, 20:39 »

I am going to run a capture the flag event this weekend on Sunday, May 16, at 3:30 PM Est Time.  It will be a level 27 - 32 event.  The prizes will be XP and Travel tickets for everyone who participates.  Winning team will receive extra XP.  If we get 10+ people the xp prize will be bumped up and if we get 14+ people, it will be bumped up again.  Hope to see you all there.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2010, 14:33 by Nobutadas » Logged

Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 May 2010, 14:33 »

Please take note of the time change for Sunday's event.  It has been changed to being at 3:30 PM!!!!!  I'm sorry for the sudden change.

Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 20 May 2010, 03:27 »

We'll do a fun little free for all event this Friday at 7 PM est time.  Level range will be 33 - 40.  Prizes will be xp and travel tickets for participating.  And some extra xp for the winner.

Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 May 2010, 19:04 »

TONIGHT (SAT  MAY 22, 9 PMish EST)

Large Scale team event (up to lvl 40)
Event will be going in rounds (multiple)
Each round we will be repicking teams
If you are on winning team u get 3 points for winning each round.
After the team portion there will be a FFA where you will get 1 point for every kill.
After the FFA the person with the most points will be declared the winner

This event will only be going off if we have 10+ in attendence

First Place- Epic Shade Ring (new item), 50k exp to any toon, travel ticket
Second Place- 40k xp, travel ticket
Third Place- 25k xp, travel ticket
All participants ( that dont place get 10k xp)

if we have 14+ in the event i will double the xp, and add several more items to the prize pool)

Rules
no gs or ethrealness
no monks over lvl 20 Cheesy

And

Kill Marcus  Evil
« Last Edit: 23 May 2010, 00:32 by Turril » Logged
Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 June 2010, 04:49 »

Saturday, July 3, at 12:00 PM (Noon) Est time, there will be a small event.

The number of participants for this event will be 6!  That's right, only 6 people will be permitted to participated.  So.  if you are interested in the event, (after reading through the entire post), send me a PM to be able to participate in the event this Saturday.  

Your toon must be ABOVE level 34 to participate in the event.
It will be round robin.  3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, and 0 points for a loss.
Each round will be 1 minute to buff and 5 minutes to battle it out.  So plan at least two hours for the event.  (15 matches)
During the event you can not use ANY heal items, however spells are acceptable.  You also may NOT use any scrolls.
Time stop is also illegal.

Now for the part everyone loves, the prizes:

This event will give xp for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and participation prizes for all 6.  The winner of the tournament will be invited later this summer to participate in a special tournament near the end of the summer.

If any of these rules are confusing, pm me or post them in the forum for event questions.

Also, if you are not one of the 6 people participating, don't be afraid to drop by to watch.  I will be "handing" out raffel tickets for xp tokens and travel tickets during the matches.  There will be a drawing after the 5th, 10th, and 15th round, so stop on by for a chance to win!!!!

Now with all of that said, remember, only the first 6 people who PM me will be able to participate in this tournament, so don't delay, send me a PM if you wish to participate!  (DMs and Deputies are permitted to enter... except for me. Sad   )

Just so everyone knows.  I would like all participants to arrive 15 minutes before the start of the event because I wish to start promptly at noon.  The event starts at 12 Pm Est, or 5 Pm BST (UK) time.

1 out of the 6 slots are already filled.

Anyone else interested?  Don't be shy!
« Last Edit: 30 June 2010, 13:18 by Nobutadas » Logged

Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 November 2010, 21:48 »

Now that my computer is semi-stable..... it's time for an event!

Capture the Flag Event Saturday, December 4 at 1 PM est time.  The arena has been modified quite a lot so it should be really fun.  

The level range is 33 - 40.  It will last about an hour after we get started.

Prizes are XP for just participating.  Extra XP and travel tickets will be given to the winning team.  (also, I believe you can get xp from pvp kills and crystal points.)  XP will depend on amount of people who show up.

Please don't bring level 40 monks (I know no one has a pure monk but you get the idea) or really strong DR tanks.  It will kill the fun for everyone. >.<

Basic arena rules like no GS, Etherreal, and Timestop apply.

Hope to see you all there. (if we get a good turnout I'll be running bigger and better events with item prizes. ;)  So, just a heads up, you should show up.)

~Nobu
« Last Edit: 01 December 2010, 01:28 by Nobutadas » Logged

Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 December 2010, 19:08 »

With only 2 players online at the time.... I am postponing this event to tonight at 8:30 PM EST.  That's about 7 hours and 20 min from the time this is posted.  Hope to see you all there!

Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 December 2010, 07:09 »

This Sunday at 12:00 PM (Noon) est time there will be a Capture the flag event.  The event will be the same one as listed 2 posts above.  Level cap is 40.  NO TANKS OR HIGH LEVEL MONKS WILL BE ALLOWED!!!!!!!  We found out last Saturday that both of these were bad ideas......    Any questions post in the event questions topic on the player forums.  Hope to see you all there!

Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 February 2011, 07:58 »

This Saturday at 1 PM Est, going to do a fun little event. 

There will be two teams, one gondor and one mordor team.  From this, Aragorn will be released into an area with no monsters and hidden.  The gondor team will go into the area with a 5 min head start.  (This is subject to change).  After the 5 min are up, the Mordor team will enter and attempt to kill Aragorn.  Each member of the Gondor team may respawn 1 time only.  Every member of the Mordor team can respawn as many times as they want.  This will continue until Aragorn is killed.  Then this will be repeated except with Witch King. 

If this goes extremely fast, there will be two rounds.   The team with the smallest time to kill the respective boss wins.  The reward will be a random boss drop.  Participation rewards always exist with my events. ;)

Must have 10+ people for this event to happen!  If we don't get 10+, I'll do some other smaller event.

-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 October 2015, 23:32 »

Hey all

Am looking to host some sort of event soon - for sure it will be a weekend day and most likely a Sunday - I will confirm a date when I have a clearer idea of what exactly I will host.

Anyhow I have 13 mules worth of 'stuff' (yes not all of it is boss drops so will remove the junk) from my playing days and it's kind of redundant just having it sat on mules. So the aim of the event to have some reward driven fun where all who participate will gain some new shiny gear.

It would be good to hear what sort of event is preferred to try and maximise participants e.g. pvp or pvm or team pvp etc - let me know when you see me online.

-fc-
« Last Edit: 31 October 2015, 18:22 by -firecracker- » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: