Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24 April 2024, 01:51

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13123 Posts in 1337 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  patch up-date 1.69 question
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: patch up-date 1.69 question  (Read 3306 times)
Taros Treefriend

View Profile
« on: 10 July 2008, 04:53 »

Hi All,

I should have waited but did not, and have up-dated to the latest patch 1.69. Now my client is different than the server, is there a timeline on when the server will be up-graded - if at all?

Tks. Taros
ManiacK
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

Builder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 10 July 2008, 10:27 »

As far as I know the server will be upgraded, but I guess the admins still want to test the final patch to see if any strange bugs are popping up. I do not have a time table for you.

Best thing to do is download the revert patch here: http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch.html

and play online till there is an announcement about this.

from the CEP 2.1 thread I found this:

The final patch is out!!!! 

I have a fresh full bag of esspresso beans! 

With any luck, sometime this weekend, you can "Hit the Button." 

In the meantime, if ya haven't already, download the CEP 2.1 files. 

<1> please tell me if there's any way to check if a table exist in mysql database
<2> if (mysql_query('DROP TABLE table_name')) echo "table existed";
Lief
Poster

Plays: Gondor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2008, 15:26 »

Howdy all,

A. crit rebuild
I'm not sure if this is helpful to folks, but I had to use the critical rebuild method of updating since the (auto) updating method (i.e. hit the update button that is seen when you first launch nwn) didn't work for me. Anyway, try this approach if you think you're in the same boat as I had been:

1. go to http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch.html

2. pick your language (unfortunately, only English has a 1.69 crit rebuild option at the moment -- or any 1.69 files  Roll Eyes)

3. click the link in "Step 2. Download Critical Rebuild Program"

4. run the executable

B. Vista and nwn
To the person with whom I spoke earlier today, you might also want to check this thread, which may or may not be useful:
http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=639600&forum=49

"Among other things, one dude wrote (with a typo and grammar mistakes!!!):
For those running Vista with 1.69. Are you trying to run the game through the launcher (nwn.exe)? If so could you try running the game directly by double clicking on the game exectuable (nwmain.exe) and see if that works for you. Craig."

Ok, I guess I'll wander off now ...

Lief
Rade
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2008, 23:05 »

For the vista issues (I seem to have them under control) here's what I did:

I already had done this, but it's worth noting: Delete or move(out of Neverwinter Nights folder) the startup movies. You don't have to click through them anymore and you obviously avoid the errors associated with it. I don't remember the exact names of the movies, but they should be named "Wizardslogo.bik" and "Biowarelogo.bik" and be in the movies folder. I suggest cutting and pasting them on say, your desktop, temporarily and loading nwn a few times to see if you removed the right ones. I'd be able to pick them out, but I don't have them installed :/

Right click your "nwn.exe" file, go to properties. On the compatibility tab at the very bottom you should see the Privilege Level heading, select "Run as an administrator". It gives you an annoying "Allow/Cancel" option if you have the vista blocking settings on, but it gets the job done. The other option - if the previous is 1 click too many - is to go into your NeverwinterNights folder, find "nwnmain.exe" and create a shortcut or simply click and drag it to your quicklaunch. Running this as an admin or not doesn't matter, it goes straight to the game, click "Continue" on the "Continue/Cancel" pop-up.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: