Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
23 April 2024, 20:21

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13123 Posts in 1337 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  1.69/CEP Bugs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: 1.69/CEP Bugs  (Read 33017 times)
Artuha

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 13 July 2008, 13:09 »

and both auto installers worked nice for me 1.69 and CEP may be it's because i still us windows XP? Roll Eyes
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13 July 2008, 21:01 »

The invisible floor/cielling effect is rather tough as you have to be zoomed completely in on your guy to see him or any of the npcs or drops.  My video runs very badly when I have to rotate quickly zoomed all the way in.
ShinsFortress
Poster

Beauty and the beast.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13 July 2008, 23:10 »

Serious lag on shifters every time you deshift and re-aquire PC properties. Do we have to keep creating this item? Between the phenotype changes and the lag it brings I'm really starting to wish they didn't use it.

Yep, I get that too.

MORS VINCIT OMNIA
number-1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 July 2008, 04:00 »

7) install the file CEP21_Full_c.exe from nwnvault

You instaled it ?

When i try, it say : "The file nwcontinst.exe is corrupted." and it close.

Noruas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 July 2008, 06:52 »

yes i use this one, i didn't have the same pb, but you can download each files seperatly on the nwnvault http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=7478 and unzip them in the good folder, here is the list:

nwn\hak folder:
cep2_add_phenos1.hak
cep2_add_phenos2.hak
cep2_add_phenos3.hak
cep2_add_phenos4.hak
cep2_add_phenos5.hak
cep2_add_sb_v1.hak
cep2_add_tiles.hak
cep2_core0.hak
cep2_core1.hak
cep2_core2.hak
cep2_core3.hak
cep2_core4.hak
cep2_core5.hak
cep2_core6.hak
cep2_custom.hak
cep2_top_v21.hak

nwn\tlk folder:
cep21_v1.tlk
« Last Edit: 14 July 2008, 21:18 by Noruas » Logged

ash nazg durbatuluk,
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nasg thrakatuluk,
agh burzum ishi krimpatul
ShinsFortress
Poster

Beauty and the beast.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 14 July 2008, 10:37 »

You instaled it ?

When i try, it say : "The file nwcontinst.exe is corrupted." and it close.

Yep, "CEP21_Full_c.exe" is exactly the one I used too.

Sorry to suggest something so basic, but maybe the curruption was caused by the downloaded part.  Have you tried downloading a fresh iteration of the file(s)?
« Last Edit: 14 July 2008, 10:41 by ShinsFortress » Logged

MORS VINCIT OMNIA
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 14 July 2008, 11:50 »

actually i got the same corrupt message (aftr redownloading 3 times) much better off to just download the manual one, it only takes a min or 2 to actually place the proper files in place. I f i can do it any1 can   Shocked
ShinsFortress
Poster

Beauty and the beast.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14 July 2008, 12:51 »

But should you *have* to?  Though personally I agree, it's not difficult.

But not everyone is especially PC competent.  Also, what about .RAR as many archives are now in the format of?  It's not part of Windows like WinZIP is now, so not everyone is comfortable with installing a limited option 3rd part utility they are unfamiliar with.  There are several potential issues with the non-installer options.  Not to mention that page on IGN is really *bleep*ily laid out.  Hideous.  Looks like it was put together by a drunk undergraduate.  Really could be better and more intelligible.

Personally, given that we're in 2008 not 1988, I'd expect an installer to work.  *shrug*  But that's just me I guess.
« Last Edit: 14 July 2008, 12:58 by ShinsFortress » Logged

MORS VINCIT OMNIA
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 14 July 2008, 21:15 »

Try WinRaR, it works on those odd formats.

On a very very sad note, the Dastrion Flag no longer works.  crybaby2

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Artuha

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 14 July 2008, 21:26 »

you can't mount a BG horse if you summoned anything else before. it just acts like henchman only
number-1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 15 July 2008, 19:11 »

Me rpoblem stay same, i can't see some news gate skinn...

Then when there no one in pocket, i can't play, i can't go to the bank too, dorren gate getting updates, can't go anymore to this shop...

They are just invisible.

And i checked me nwn floder, i had all same than Noruas, reinstaled the game 3 time on 2 diferent computer, there no way...
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08 October 2008, 01:53 »

bard spells like war cry and iron horn now have arcane spell failure.  Is that fixable?
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08 October 2008, 05:37 »

Bioware added the somantic component to many old spells.  crybaby2

(\__/)
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08 October 2008, 07:01 »

That's really dumb bards suck w/o war cry esp.
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08 October 2008, 17:56 »

headbang atleast for all the player hurting nerfs we got horses and pdks!
Rade
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 13 January 2009, 01:37 »

There's this monster in nindalf called "Large Cloud of Bugs" or something like that....

You can't attack the damn thing and it follows you everywhere, and it seems with the new AI they're more likely to follow you through areas or something (basically couldn't get rid of the damn thing). Eventually I beat it by letting it run at me about 5 times and once I got an attack of opportunity.

I'd just like to see this useless and buggy monster gone, thanks.
Lief
Poster

Plays: Gondor

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 13 January 2009, 04:17 »

heya all,

1. I hate that cloud of bugs; it forces my grunt to do a whirlwind attack to kill them, whether via the wm feat or via use of the old whirling dervish scimmy. (The attack of opportunity method never seems to work for my grunts.) Easy-cheesy, but it forces my grunt to use another ghost sash ... and more importantly to lose the element of surprise. Of course, the latter point is generally irrelevant since hardly anyone goes to nindalf.

Consequently, I say that DMs consider making a couple of them and place them in more frequented areas (i.e. any map or maps in and around MT, MM and Osgiliath). At the very least, it will allow others to perceive that danger is a-foot (or a-leg  Grin ) and make surprise attacks more challenging to carry out, e.g. schatten and zappa (?)/neptune.

An even more interesting twist would be to make clouds of bugs (or something comparable) appear randomly, like Scavenger, but much more frequently!

Btw, that cloud of bugs would harass me and even transition with me before the wipe, so I don't think it's the new AI (that is responsible).

2. Well done, i say (regarding NPCs' AI)! Cheers to the DMs/developers for bumping up AI. It makes pvm a LOT more interesting now. Equally important, it forces people to team up for farming, which I think is a great outcome from the AI change.

Regarding invisibility, are NPCs detecting players that are invis because of sound? i.e. is there a check of listen vs. move silently? Or is the response to this super-duper-uber secret?

ciao,

Lief
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13 January 2009, 07:06 »

I haven't used invis a whole lot yet but I noticed they do not respect invis very well either.  I wonder if they are set to follow for a set amount of time if you get near enough that you would appear to them.  Not sure.
Rade
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 13 January 2009, 07:57 »

Well not to derail this fine topic but.... you used to be able to lose NPCs quite quickly if you ran ahead of them and transitioned. I know there are a few people who have written AI fixes to make PvE more challenging, so I imagine that this was likely included in the package of the new AI set.

From my experience with the invis perception, they have to come close enough to see you (I imagine it has to do with their behaviour on perception, regardless of invisibility) And so far, simply staying away from them while has done the trick for me (a little harder to do in tight areas). Also, if you have stealth skill and are invisible, you can walk right up to them and rub into them all you want; if you skill is high enough you should be fine - then if you unstealth and do the same they will attack.

REGARDLESS! I wasn't talking wholly about new AI.
The problem is you can't select these stupid CEP bug clouds, and I think that's a huge problem - I'm sure loading the module's pvp hot-spots would not only drive people away from those areas, but from the game itself because it would be beyond an annoyance.
If you have problems with people sneaking up on you, I think you need to update your tactics instead of relying on NPCs to be your alert systems. Try throwing some caltrops at the entrance to the area you're in (or a suitable long-lasting AoE spell) and be sure to watch your combat log for dealing damage to "Someone".
mirelbesic21
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 13 January 2009, 08:13 »

Please can anyone check what is goin on with GS. I am 70% of useing it visible. Does anyone have same problem? Thanks

P.S I dont use it with Inp Invis. or Invis

ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 13 January 2009, 16:10 »

When a player goes invisible, NPCs will go to the last known location of the player and go into detect mode.
If ya think you can walk away "quietly" while carrying that tower shield bangin against that heavy armor, your dreamin!!!
Remember, the heavier the equipment, the easier it is for an NPC to hear ya moving.  brave
And they will persue ya til they reach an area they can't go.

GS works fine. I use it often. Once again, there are "Do's" & "Don'ts" with GS.  merror

You must be really good to target & swat hundreds of mosquitos flyin around ya.  aragorn2

(\__/)
notyou1
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 13 January 2009, 16:21 »

All I can say is that Rade raised a TRUE bug report in the bug report laugh
KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 13 January 2009, 18:22 »

The heavy armor and such while invis thing I understand.   But how about a Mage who's running around in robes a frilly hat?  And who never got OUT of invis in the first place?  Why are they following him around, and then sneak-attacking him into oblivion.  Guess I'll have to walk around in stealth all the time

mirelbesic21
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 13 January 2009, 18:57 »

I dont understand this quiet, in dragon shape i had TS and i saw pearson who have GS on himself and i couldnt attack it, .... Why on earth than mobs can do that. I thought only archers can hit ya thru GS. If they have high spot, search or TS.

Maybe dispell as well i could understand that to , but come to me and he dont have no ts no dispell action maden, ..... seems very weard.  huh
-Well thats about that from me.  shelob

With regards...
Thank you
« Last Edit: 13 January 2009, 19:00 by mirelbesic21 » Logged

Rade
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 14 January 2009, 01:15 »

You must be really good to target & swat hundreds of mosquitos flyin around ya.  aragorn2
Oh please! This isn't a godamn anphillia server. Your excuse would make sense if we all had fly-swatters and wanted to play a Wario-ware inspired mini-game.
Instead we have to back up until we get a lucky attack of opportunity and smite a cloud of flies in one-fell stroke; or conversely, you can spin around in a circle and catch the entire cloud on the fine edge of your sword or club. It's a bad idea to keep this thing, and I really can't see a purpose for it being in the module unless Nindalf was more than just a transition area that no one visits for more than a minute; conversely, if it WAS an important area, I wouldn't mind struggling with some insects - huge swarms of them in fact - if it was worth my time.

It's a bug, fix it - one way or another - please.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to: