Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 09:06

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  1.69/CEP Bugs
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: 1.69/CEP Bugs  (Read 33012 times)
Lief
Poster

Plays: Gondor

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 14 January 2009, 05:09 »

Heya all,

From a PvM perspective, I might agree that the swarm of bugs is pointless. However, from a PvP perspective, it's pretty cool. Let me explain myself further since your subsequent arguments appear only to consider two parties in the equation, rather than the requisite three (parties), i.e. the third party would be the swarm of bugs that "ambushes" the ambusher.

As you know, Zapp/Neptune, schatten/red, Eol, and a few others like to sit in ambush and "pop out" of stealth/etc and zap people with phantasmal killer or FoD or the like. Wouldn't it be challenging to the stalker/ambusher if he had to contend with something that counters his advantage (i.e. whatever form of concealment, whether HIPS, gs, I-invis, invis, etc) since the swarm of bugs apparently can detect anything and everything. At the very least, this swarm could force the ambusher to flee, having lost the element of surprise, and in the best/worst scenario, the swarm could alert the putative victim, who attacks the putative ambusher and slays him/her/it. And so, while it could be seen as an annoyance to a stalker/ambusher, it could also be seen as an additional challenge to the process of stalking.

Having said all of this, I would encourage DMs to remove WW as a viable means to eliminate the swarm of bugs (if possible). Consequently, the only possibly way to get rid of the swarm SHOULD be the use of an AOE spell or effect, like the spell fireball or an AA's explosive arrow.

As a final comment, if you consider that a PvP kill is a worthy goal, then overcoming the challenge of a swarm of bugs that can detect you should be worthwhile. And as stated earlier, the "annoyance" factor should be minimized to you since these bugs would ONLY appear, per my suggestion, in the pvp-intensive maps in, between and around MM, MT and Osg.

ciao,

Lief
Nep
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 14 January 2009, 10:45 »

Heya,

I did come across the bugs once and I was a bit surprised I couldn't target them... It was annoying for about 4 seconds and then I just casted an AoE and the things were blown to smithereens...
Now obviously, if you play a Blackguard of Doom with 70ab but no WW or AoE, then you're screwed....

As Lief mentioned above (I feel honored to be named in one of his posts), those pesky things could be an annoyance for players lurking in the shadows waiting to strike....or not.... Cast fireball, recast invisible, run to a different spot.... Time spent: 1 round. If those things were to spawn profusely around the PvP areas, I'm guessing the lowbies would be the ones to suffer the most...

The bugs add a new dimension to gameplay and I think it's a good thing. They do however unbalance things a little bit as some classes can deal with those things in 3 seconds (half a round to cast Hell Ball on those a-holes! OVERKILL!) while some other classes are simply powerless regardless of level ("BREAKING NEWS! LVL40 DRAGON GETS TAKEN DOWN BY (+6) ROAMING MOSQUITOS!")

One way to make this easier would be to make the mosquitoes 90% concealed and 50 SR... oh wait... that wouldn't make it easier at all!

Anyways, we're all just throwing opinions around... It doesn't bother me either way. Keep 'em, take 'em out... tis' all gewwwd!

*Suck-Up mode ACTIVATE!*
On a different note, I can't stress enough the fact that the mod has tremendously improved recently. It was a decent mod before, and the dev team has turned it into a sexy beast! (the best kind of beast)
There are always a few things that we'd like to see changed/reverted/improved (more xp and drops damnit!) but in the end, we're all here to play and beat the crap out of each other, and GvM is just the right place!
Thank you DM's for all the hard work!
*Suck-Up mode DISENGAGE!*

*edit* Spelling
« Last Edit: 14 January 2009, 16:01 by Nep » Logged
KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 14 January 2009, 15:36 »

To open up - What's this? Do my eyes deceive me?  Marcus making comments about someone using cheesy tactics a la sneaking up on people?  So running around in circles evading combat until the rest of the Gondork army shows up isn't cheesy?  But I digress...

While the bugs are mildly entertaining, Nep also makes a valid point - all/most of those toons you mentioned have AoE spells in their repertoire.  It would take little to no effort to eliminate the bugs, re-invis, and carry on with their business.  The other problem lies in the rest of what Nep said.  If those bugs spawn in "PvP-intensive" areas, which tend to be the most traveled areas, which tend to be areas where lowbies hang around, then they will suffer more than the individuals on both sides of the River Anduin who are hunting for PvP.  The bugs should be left either for "special events" where some DM wants to be annoying, or they should be removed, or they should be immediately target-able.

From a PvM perspective, they're useless and annoying unless they suddenly drop something moderately not-useless

From PvP, they're not all that interesting for previously mentioned reasons.

Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 16 January 2009, 20:45 »

Ditto kk For the most part i dont like monsters interfering in my pvp......    For the ftr wm sd and the like buy some fire bombs from the rouge vendor and carry them around.  Its a low lvl fire ball no umd needed  umd toons get the cheaper and more effective wand of fire from the mage vendor I suggest
Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 17 January 2009, 18:04 »

well for those "anti bug" people..i have no interest in putting them into anymore areas...never really noticed them to be honest. so at the moment i wont be removing them, but they arent going into any more spots...As for "cheezy" pvp tactics..we all got em..we all use..one mans cheese is anothers "brilliant strategy" LOL
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 30 January 2009, 01:59 »

When the update gets loaded, you may find that some of your gear will be white boxed.   Tongue

Just craft it to fix these items. Maybe the item swap chest will work.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Psychopompos

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 30 January 2009, 20:51 »

Hello.

I installed the latest CEP 2.2 version twenty minutes ago and since the module don't appear in the list of online "Persistant-Action" modules. Does it mean that it isn't online or that I made the CEP installation wrongly, so I can't log in ?
notyou1
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 30 January 2009, 20:53 »

Module is up
Psychopompos

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 30 January 2009, 21:01 »

Thank you. It's very weird. I don't see it in the list of Persistant-Action modules online, but the Historic of modules I joined says it is online - as the lists of modules I put as "My Favorite".
I don't understand.
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 30 January 2009, 21:33 »

Many modules have complained that thier mod sometimes doesn't show up on any listing cept Favorite or History.  Angry

(\__/)
Psychopompos

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 30 January 2009, 21:38 »

Ok. Thanks.
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 04 January 2010, 05:12 »

Many modules have complained that thier mod sometimes doesn't show up on any listing cept Favorite or History.  Angry

This has happened to me infrequently, but a couple times.
Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 14 January 2010, 02:55 »

In the serpents area, the transition from the zone with the bosses to the other part of the serpents area will transport you to the arena - A River Between, and the transition from a river between back to Eru's currently does not work.  Just wanted to let the DMs and Players know about this.

Turril
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 14 January 2010, 11:11 »

Thanks, i tell ya the mod is alive. there is no way the tags for those areas should be anything similar :/....will fix when i get home from work
radagast
Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 14 January 2010, 13:08 »

Yep i walked into that one to  Sad went through to the lower lvl and when i went to go back i closed the door and couldnt get back again  Cheesy no other exits either

Roost 12

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 02 May 2010, 14:02 »

The transition from "Pass of Cirith Ungol: East" to "Gorgoroth West of Orodruin" does not work. It's there but does nothing.

The transition in question is in Pass of Cirith Ungol East, in North-East corner.
ollebroc
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 02 May 2010, 20:11 »

It's not broke.

(\__/)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Jump to: