Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 03:06

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  GameSpy Server List Permanently Gone - Direct Connect to Server Only Now.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: GameSpy Server List Permanently Gone - Direct Connect to Server Only Now.  (Read 3444 times)
CityHunter

View Profile
« on: 07 December 2012, 05:17 »

Gamespy Server List have been permanently turned off it seems based on the chatter on several Forums and NWN Chat conversations. Only way is to connect via Direct Connect. So if you have other NWN servers in your history that you're keeping track you might want to make note of it.

If this is true, we need a sticky topic for the most current IP address (if the address changes in the future) to the server in case someone lost it in their History. I hope I'm wrong about GameSpy shutting down but who knows .

Current IP address to the server based on my History is  -                   24.57.220.229:5121
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 07 December 2012, 16:31 »

Ugh, that really sucks.  That means anyone who has ever made a module and was hoping for the occasional traffic to stop in won't ever get any.

I already see at social.bioware.com the community is working on some ideas to make an alternative master server list.  I'll follow what they are doing there.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2013, 19:15 »

Another reason why the link to the forum on this website needs fixing (I mentioned this a while back).

Server now is only going to get players who have this site or server bookmarked. Those potential players who don't know the IP or website URL directly are going to rely Google to get here, to then get the IP of the server.

Problem is if you go to gondorvsmordor.com home page -> click the nwn1 link and then click the forum link you get an error. Very easy to fix too :S
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 February 2013, 07:16 »

<url>http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/189/index/7476445/1</url>

There is a list of some online servers here.  Hopefully GvM will be added to it.
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 February 2013, 10:46 »

I have sent the guys at Nwnserverlistorsomething an email with the GvM details but not at the Bioware site. Also I have made attempts at some forums like RPG Codex to promote the server some more so if the forum link could be updated without getting the error that could be great. Oh and don't forget to sign the petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/re-instate-the-master-server-for-nwn-and-the-gamespy-service
« Last Edit: 12 February 2013, 11:35 by Chaozrulez » Logged

Keep'em rollin'
radagast
Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 13 June 2013, 22:23 »

Here's a server list... WITH GVM on it.

Looks quite good like the old gamespy  Smiley

http://nwnserverlist.com/index.php?juego=&tipopart=pwaction&ord=

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: