Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 19:15

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  Admin Announcements  |  UPDATES PART I - BUG FIXES
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: UPDATES PART I - BUG FIXES  (Read 26317 times)
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« on: 01 July 2013, 00:09 »

Please add any bugs found to this thread.

#     Bug
   Status    
Live
01Herumor doesn't drop his key for Chamber of Secrets in BD
Fixed
Yes
02X-Bow AB bonus script is conflicting with the AK7 X-Bow script on builds
with Zen archery
Fixed
Yes
03The Warden in Dol Guldur is not re-spawning once killed
In progress
-
04No XP bonus from bosses: WK, Wraith Guard, Saruman, Galadriel,
Eomir, Scorpia
Fixed
Yes
05NPCs despawn once area is left and never spawn again: MT halflings,
Gondor Field Medic (PF)
Fixed
Yes
06Certain weapon bonuses (skill, ability, AC) do not merge with monk
based shifters
Accepted
-
07Luna, Maynard and Vampire boss are not showing their loot drop chances
Fixed
Yes
08Baragor, Ungoliant, Shelob and Squinty are ignoring their re-spawn timers
Fixed
Yes
09Monk set: 1 of the 5 items is currently unreachable
Fixed
Yes
10Monk set: If equipped on a toon that has 21+ monk levels but less
than 24 levels in total, and is then logged out, it gets flagged as having
illegal gear next login and booted
Fixed
Yes
11Haradrim Ambassador in MM goes into stealth mode when aggro'd so
quest becomes hard to hand in
Fixed
Yes
12Westemnet has a skybox which can interfere with visibility
Fixed
Yes
13Shifters with the epic drow warrior form are casting its Tenser's
transformation spell in other forms via spell stacking
Fixed
Yes
14Caras Galadham NPCs do not respawn
Accepted
-
15Treebeard custom scripts cause him to not to show loot drop chance
and breaks his respawn timer
In progress
-
16Disciples of Orodruin when shifted do not drop most of their inventory
Fixed
Yes
17Shifter class caster level is not always correct with certain class
combinations
Fixed
Yes
18Restoration pots/scrolls remove Minotaur Warcry and Vampire
Blood Frenzy
Fixed
Yes
19Dimholt - Guardian Of The Darkdoor becomes hostile/annoying
Fixed
Yes
20Ice Queen is ignoring her re-spawn timer
Working as expected
N/A
21Remove Blind Sight from Ethring NPCs
Fixed
Yes
22Issenmouth in general is pretty bugged - needs rebuilding
Accepted
-
23Shifters with the Dire Tiger, Minotaur and Mindflayer form are casting
their abilities in other forms via spell stacking
Fixed
Yes
24Disappearing bosses - sometimes this will be constitution death as have
noticed this as a player before, others may be despawning on exit of area
???
-
25PvP shouts not occurring
Fixed
Yes
26New toons do not receive starter items (dice bag, resurrect scrolls etc)
Fixed
Yes
27Shifter Caster Level being calculated incorrectly
Fixed
Yes
28Shifters accessing Meta Magic spells without having the feats
Fixed
Yes
« Last Edit: 10 November 2015, 23:38 by -firecracker- » Logged
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 01 July 2013, 00:10 »

Copied to the appropriate forum section...got a few to add from the other thread, will do in the next couple of days.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2013, 23:36 »

The unreachable 5th monk set item has been reworked into the mod (awaiting release).
« Last Edit: 05 July 2013, 23:55 by -firecracker- » Logged
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2013, 01:56 »

FYI the missing map pins has led me into making a full graphical map of the mod, which I am sure will be beneficial to any new comers of the mod.
Noruas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2013, 08:38 »

OK thanks !

ash nazg durbatuluk,
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nasg thrakatuluk,
agh burzum ishi krimpatul
grunaldo
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2013, 15:42 »

*pushes the "Like" Button*
TantraMagic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 July 2013, 09:47 »

Thanks for the updates FC, still no way for me to log in atm.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 November 2013, 14:33 »

Once the mod comes back online and passes its shakedown, I will carry on with these bug fixes - I stopped once it became clear that there were problems with Turrils hosting.

The mod version that will get launched on Greys server will contain all of the above completed (green) bug fixes.
sestitodc
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 November 2013, 05:07 »

The npcs in "Caras Galadham" area don't seem to be respawning at all. However the ones in the tower and temple seem to both be correctly respawning. Also, Galadriel gets script errors during long encounter. In the combat log, they seem to pop up in relation to the electric jolt she shoots out (although it could be related to whatever her slowing aura is, as once the errors start happening that stops affecting me).
Thiagow2008
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 November 2013, 23:53 »

Not sure if anyone noticed this but apparently Cave Trolls are not dying from the fire dmg of Flame Weapon spell. I remember they used to.
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 December 2013, 01:49 »

EDIT3: Just to say that I did manage to kill Cave Trolls with darkfire, so if there is a bug on this it's to do with flame weapon itself rather than the trolls.

Hey Fire - another bug for ya. Not quite so urgent this time, because it's only on login and it has a workaround. [EDIT: getting quite urgent to either fix that, or the Booting/dispelling bug that was posted. I've been booted half a dozen times in the last half hour, having to reslot my spells every time....it's very tedious, but the booting is the worst part.]

Great Wisdom seems to be bugged. I have a cleric who has 15 base wis, and 2 GW feats, and he loses all his 6th and 7th level spells from the slots when he logs in. I get the slots back straight away, but I have to remember to reslot them. I think the character is loading before the feat list registers, so it doesn't realise I actually have high enough wisdom.

As I said, not urgent, but it might also happen with other Great feats, I'm not sure. Maybe somebody try a Great Int Wiz?

EDIT2: After talking about it some more, I don't actually know if this can be fixed. It looks like it's an issue with NWN loading the info on which spell levels can be cast before it loads the info on which feats you have. So it loads my base stats of 15 Wis, decides I can only do level 5 spells, and then loads my Great Wis feats that allow me to cast higher.
Regardless, the main problem is this booting issue, which seems to be due to the bugged toon (presumably someone hasn't fixed their firewall issue). Reslotting my spells every time I log on would be nothing, compared to my current predicament or having to reslot them every 15 minutes.
« Last Edit: 09 December 2013, 06:40 by NLawson » Logged

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Ace-of-Spades
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 December 2013, 06:51 »

Great Wisdom seems to be bugged. I have a cleric who has 15 base wis, and 2 GW feats, and he loses all his 6th and 7th level spells from the slots when he logs in. I get the slots back straight away, but I have to remember to reslot them. I think the character is loading before the feat list registers, so it doesn't realise I actually have high enough wisdom.

As I said, not urgent, but it might also happen with other Great feats, I'm not sure. Maybe somebody try a Great Int Wiz?

EDIT2: After talking about it some more, I don't actually know if this can be fixed. It looks like it's an issue with NWN loading the info on which spell levels can be cast before it loads the info on which feats you have. So it loads my base stats of 15 Wis, decides I can only do level 5 spells, and then loads my Great Wis feats that allow me to cast higher.
Regardless, the main problem is this booting issue, which seems to be due to the bugged toon (presumably someone hasn't fixed their firewall issue). Reslotting my spells every time I log on would be nothing, compared to my current predicament or having to reslot them every 15 minutes.

I've been experiencing this as well on my Charisma based Sorcerer, whom also has a couple Great Charisma feats. I wasn't quite sure what was causing it, however. I assumed it was a piece of gear, or a buffs wearing off in an odd order.

I usually start resting, then cancel it as this removes my CHA buffs, I can then re-slot the proper amount of spells, then do a full rest. I noticed though that sometimes I would go into my spell book and my last slot on a couple spell levels would be empty again. I hadn't paid enough attention to notice if it was doing this during play, or only upon logging in and out.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 December 2013, 17:04 »

The only bug I have come across before with trolls and flame weapon is that when using on a shifter or summon, sometimes the property doesn't merge/fire and therefore the flame weapon is lost, will check it out though.

Yes the spell slot bug is a very old game bug not a mod bug. Would probably require a game patch to fix.
« Last Edit: 09 December 2013, 17:41 by -firecracker- » Logged
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 December 2013, 22:14 »

The only bug I have come across before with trolls and flame weapon is that when using on a shifter or summon, sometimes the property doesn't merge/fire and therefore the flame weapon is lost, will check it out though.

Yes the spell slot bug is a very old game bug not a mod bug. Would probably require a game patch to fix.

Good to know - I'll just have to get used to reslotting my spells every time then.

I've been experiencing this as well on my Charisma based Sorcerer, whom also has a couple Great Charisma feats.

Unless your Sorc has really low base cha (lower than 19 before Great Cha), you shouldn't really be having this issue, and it will only be on login. [EDIT: In fact, I'm not actually sure what would happen if you logged out on a sorc with only 15 cha and great cha feats - they have to level to take their spells so you might actually be assigned default (terrible) spell choices on login]. Sorcerers (and bards) have the best spell allocation of any type of casters, in that they pick which spells they want when they level up and can then mix and match what they want to cast on the fly. Unless you're losing access to a spell level by losing the great cha feat (ie, when you relog), you shouldn't have to reassign

I usually start resting, then cancel it as this removes my CHA buffs, I can then re-slot the proper amount of spells, then do a full rest. I noticed though that sometimes I would go into my spell book and my last slot on a couple spell levels would be empty again. I hadn't paid enough attention to notice if it was doing this during play, or only upon logging in and out.

Edit your spellbook when you have just finished resting (because those are the minimum number of slots you will have, and any gained while buffing are useless), and then don't edit it again unless you either gain levels (and potentially more slots) or permanently change your equipped gear (eg, find a new item with bonus spell uses per day on it) - obviously you will then need to rest again to finalise your spell choices. Sorcs don't have slots, and buffs are removed at the start of rest (and spells are fully restored when it ends) so you won't need to do this for them. You shouldn't be losing Sorc Spell casts unless you're removing items with +charisma bonuses.
« Last Edit: 09 December 2013, 22:35 by NLawson » Logged

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Ace-of-Spades
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 December 2013, 00:36 »

Right you are sir!

Apologies, I had a brain fart and mixed up my Sorcerer based character with my Wizard based character.
 Embarrassed
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 10 December 2013, 07:29 »

Right you are sir!

Apologies, I had a brain fart and mixed up my Sorcerer based character with my Wizard based character.
 Embarrassed

I'm actually curious about it now, but I really can't be bothered testing it...it would probably be the most terrible sorc ever though, if it did indeed get stuck with defaults upon login.

Ace-of-Spades
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 December 2013, 17:33 »

FYI the missing map pins has led me into making a full graphical map of the mod, which I am sure will be beneficial to any new comers of the mod.

Was this for serious? Or was this an idea that fell by the wayside (much as many mapping ideas have in the past)?

Just curious, as I was reading through a post from about a year ago when the last mapping attempts were made via excel. Being someone who hasn't even explored all of what GvM has to offer, I've always been a fan of the maps.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 December 2013, 18:35 »

Was this for serious? Or was this an idea that fell by the wayside (much as many mapping ideas have in the past)?

Just curious, as I was reading through a post from about a year ago when the last mapping attempts were made via excel. Being someone who hasn't even explored all of what GvM has to offer, I've always been a fan of the maps.

Yes, I started it but when Turrils box went down I stopped and have not picked it up since. Let's just say the amount I have done so far (2x cities, Osgilliath and surrounding areas, Harad, Henneth, Outpost and surrounding areas, Minatours) has taking quite a bit of time  Tongue
Ace-of-Spades
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 December 2013, 23:05 »

Obviously not a priority over bug fixes and mod improvements. If you would like a hand with it at some point though, or even user submissions, let us know.
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 December 2013, 07:14 »

Rangers and rogues with more than 18 combined levels in those classes gain +2 ab when dual-wielding - if you go from one shortsword (or any other light weapon) to two, your ab shouldn't change.

As it stands, the bonus isn't working properly - I have 30 ranger levels on my test toon, and 47 ab unbuffed, with a normal shortsword. Equipping a second takes me to 46 ab (so I lose one ab, instead of the usual two).

Just something I found while testing some things.

EDIT:
So today I logged onto my cleric who was having that Greater Wisdom bug...and all my spells were still slotted.
Maybe it's because I had wis-boosting gear on (so my wis was always above the score required, even though the BASE wasn't) or maybe you found a way to fix it...thought I'd mention it anyway. It was weird.
« Last Edit: 16 December 2013, 13:51 by NLawson » Logged

sestitodc
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 December 2013, 22:26 »

Rangers and rogues with more than 18 combined levels in those classes gain +2 ab when dual-wielding - if you go from one shortsword (or any other light weapon) to two, your ab shouldn't change.

As it stands, the bonus isn't working properly - I have 30 ranger levels on my test toon, and 47 ab unbuffed, with a normal shortsword. Equipping a second takes me to 46 ab (so I lose one ab, instead of the usual two).

If you equip from a quick slot, it should work properly iirc.
sestitodc
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 December 2013, 00:30 »

If you kill a Disciple of Orodruin after it shape shifts, you only roll on three pieces of gear, as opposed to thee ~10 normally.
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 December 2013, 10:45 »

If you kill a Disciple of Orodruin after it shape shifts, you only roll on three pieces of gear, as opposed to thee ~10 normally.

The top one is his ring - that might give us an idea of why exactly those things are dropping, but not the rest. Maybe he has spare things in his inventory that aren't absorbed by the shift?

sestitodc
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25 December 2013, 23:31 »

Lay on hands doesn't seem to heal at all. On use, it heals none, while consuming its use for the day. I tried on both friendly targets, as well as myself.

Ignore this. Just have to log out and back in after creation to make it work, I suppose.
« Last Edit: 26 December 2013, 02:05 by sestitodc » Logged
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 December 2013, 00:17 »

I know exactly why the orodtuid discs don't drop when shifted and is an easy fix. another fix that come soon ...
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
Jump to: