Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 16:17

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  Admin Announcements  |  UPDATES PART I - BUG FIXES
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: UPDATES PART I - BUG FIXES  (Read 26316 times)
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 December 2013, 06:46 »

Lay on hands doesn't seem to heal at all. On use, it heals none, while consuming its use for the day. I tried on both friendly targets, as well as myself.

Ignore this. Just have to log out and back in after creation to make it work, I suppose.

That's right.  However, I should have, and could have, scripted a more robust setup for Lay On Hands so that log out/in wouldn't be required.  Might add this little thing to the list firecracker, if you haven't already.
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 31 December 2013, 00:32 »

Is it just me? or doesnt the ice queen spawn anymore .... ?
tried several times there ... but no ice queen available  crybaby2
(Ive heard others complain about this as well)

Hope it can be fixed cause I really want something of ice queenie  Evil Tongue

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 31 December 2013, 01:26 »

It is highly likely that it is another broken boss - I had to fix 5 or 6 bosses that had broken spawns when I first got the mod, Ice Queen is one that doesn't get killed so much so could have slipped through or not been reported - will double check and fix if needed Smiley
tonoplast
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03 January 2014, 09:13 »

I would like to find out which boss gives XP bonus and which doesn't.

It looks like Thrall is not giving xp bonus, as well as Ethering boss, Henneth bosses, and Dale bosses.
I don't know if they are supposed to or they aren't.
Is there a way to find out which gives and which don't?

Thanks!
Sky
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03 January 2014, 18:14 »

Thrall gave 10% before the summer. Not sure about the others.
Is it just me? or doesnt the ice queen spawn anymore .... ?
tried several times there ... but no ice queen available  crybaby2

This also happened on occasion before the summer crash. Just have to spawn the entire room then she usually appears.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 03 January 2014, 18:42 »

I would like to find out which boss gives XP bonus and which doesn't.

It looks like Thrall is not giving xp bonus, as well as Ethering boss, Henneth bosses, and Dale bosses.
I don't know if they are supposed to or they aren't.
Is there a way to find out which gives and which don't?

Thanks!

This is the kind of thing an up-to-date wiki would be useful for - I am sure they are already posted on the forum somewhere but probably well hidden in an old thread.

A lot of these were broken but should all be fixed, however if you say Thrall is broken then that has broken since the mod came back online as I painstakingly tested all of them cussing Can someone confirm this next time they kill him? Smiley

Anyway, they are:

Gondor Bosses
Aragorn (10%)
Elrond (10%)
Faramir (5%)
Radagast (5%)
Pel King (5%)
Eomir (5%)
Galadriel (5%)
Imrahil (5%)

Mordor Bosses
Witch King (10%)
Azrwyn (10%)
Wraith Guard (5%)
Ungoliant (5%)
Thrall (5%)
Corsair Captain (5%)
Sistra (5%)
Gothmog (5%)

Other Bosses (e.g. can be killed by either faction)
Saruman (10%)
Balrog (10%)
Scorpia (10%)
Smaug (10%)
Baragor (5%)
Bilgash (5%)
Squinty (5%)
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05 January 2014, 12:00 »

Class change AC bugs?
Probably noticed a couple of bugs concerning AC bonuses described in the class changes of the mod.

Im trying to build a nice pretty straightforward tank/hitter (WM / Ranger / Monk)
(specially based on some special gear like Baragors axe)
BUT ...
It appears im not getting any AC bonus at all from WM and/or Ranger  help

if using double weapon:
1. Should get AC deflection bonus from WM which stacks with other highest deflection item
2. Should get AC shield bonus for each 7 parry points from Ranger

But as already said ... im not getting any of it!  crybaby2

Is it something I forgot to do or did I miscalculate?
Or is it really bugged?

help crybaby2 help

« Last Edit: 05 January 2014, 16:27 by GreyDeth » Logged

NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05 January 2014, 12:11 »

Try unequipping and requipping your weapon from a quickslot, that might fix some of it. You SHOULD get 7 ac from parry (and it was working for me when I tested it a while ago), same with the deflection ac.
You won't get it from a 2h weapon like Baragor's axe though, because it's only when dual-wielding (so, two-bladed sword, double axe, dire mace, two kukris, etc) that you get those bonuses.

In other news, I can confirm that Thrall does indeed give a 5% exp boost when you kill him. I just killed with Tono about an hour ago. ^_^

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05 January 2014, 16:26 »

Thnx NLawson! icon_thumright
my bad enirely I see ... thought Baragors axe being a double handed weapon was same as double weapon ....
ooops n00bfailure here  binkybaby

bugger! now my toon is quite hopeless ... ah well at least I've learned something.
Sorry I've polluted this topic now Embarrassed
« Last Edit: 05 January 2014, 21:43 by GreyDeth » Logged

tonoplast
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 06 January 2014, 16:42 »

Azer Chieftain gives +1 attack with divine power.
I was wondering if it should give +2 attacks if the Char bonus is more than 10.
It seems to give only +1 still.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think it is working as it should. I tried it again, and it's giving the right amount of attacks.
Sorry about the confusion!
« Last Edit: 07 January 2014, 10:22 by tonoplast » Logged
Wake of death
admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 22 January 2014, 19:21 »

Heya,

I have noticed that Bree do not have any spawns.

Will add as I come across more.

Thanks
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28 January 2014, 21:20 »

Bree has never had any spawns. I believe Olle created that area and it's kind of like a haven I guess as you have got a lot of other NPCs in the surrounding maps as well as the start of the One Ring quest nearby.
Bazzbas

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 29 January 2014, 16:57 »

I think stinger Lord and Immulator are bugged now and then.

bosses dissapear at the moment of killing them ( I presume that, because they are near dead when it happens).
it's not every time. it's just now and then.

It also happend a few times in with the bosses in subterranean.
Also they sometimes just dissapear.
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 17 February 2014, 14:12 »

During last week's BD run we had quite a few of obstacles:
-Issenmouthe doors were already open so we got swarmed by the captain thereby ending the raid prematurely had Wake not intervened.
-Area before gates was heavily crowded, again with 2 tanks, 3 hitters and 1 sorc we were outnumbered ending the raid had Wake not raised.
It was causing so much lag I couldnt even heal in time, since the respawn is also ridicilously fast like Rivendel we had to move quickly.

Keep'em rollin'
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 18 February 2014, 00:16 »

Issenmouth in general is a little buggy. The opened door is probably due to a Mordor opening it, but have also seen 2x bosses spawned. I am tempted to rebuild that area.

Re: disappearing bosses, I noticed when playing that the Stinger Lord seems to con death a fair bit which is probably what is happening. Never experienced it in subterranean though so will have a look.
Noruas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01 March 2014, 14:00 »

Hello,
a little post to signal that the caster level bug for monk /druid / shifter build (monk as first class => caster level = monk level) is back.
It was fixed on Turril's server last year.
I hope you can fix it again.

See you,
Noruas

ash nazg durbatuluk,
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nasg thrakatuluk,
agh burzum ishi krimpatul
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04 March 2014, 00:43 »

Ah ok, as there was quite a large gap between the mod I received from Terrorble and the one that was live on Turrils box I will probably need to re-add this fix into the live mod.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04 March 2014, 01:24 »

OK updated the list quite a few things I have been sent since the new year...hopefully didn't miss anything. Heh plenty to do.
« Last Edit: 04 March 2014, 02:11 by -firecracker- » Logged
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 22 March 2014, 23:40 »

Here is the list I have found so far and some requests/comments:
-Monk shifter bug confirmed, would be great if this could be solved, spell level 6 instead of 34 makes the toon kinda useless.
-Treebeard still not showing drop chances and respawning with other 2 ents. Also drops in Fangorn are disappointing as all ents drop the same Ring and Heart of Fangorn, plus Treebeard dropping lame club and dagger? I would expect a Grand Hierophant Druid Armor from him at least...what use is a dagger to him?
-Azog the Destroyer not showing drop chances and xp for killing him (or is that the Hand?).
-Bilgash the Dark has unusually long respawn time.
-Damrod and Mablung not spawning in Henneth (don't know what the trigger is, sometimes they do, mostly they don't).
-Khamul and King Thranduil could be added as 5% faction bonuses.
-Fallen Lord and Gardrahl not spawning regularly, this usually happens when people rest inside the tomb instead of outside thereby screwing up the respawn (Note: as most areas, can be solved by going in&out thereby resetting the area).
-I constantly have to re-equip my bastard sword (Blade of the Righteous) to get the full attack bonus, it randomly drops to 50 instead of 55 (bare AB without buffs) on my Pally28/WM7/HS5.
Note: this happened mostly in Tomb of the Fallen where the golems cast some Int Drain but after putting on a imm. vs level drain this still happens. I fail to see how an Int Drain could lower the AB?
-While doing some MT runs my F6/WM7/BG27 lost his Bull Strength thereby dropping AB64 back to 58.
Now this happened consistently at Radagast and at Aragorn, I didn't check the log to see if it got dispelled but Wake was our backup so maybe he could have some info.
-Item upgrade requested for the Issenmouthe Scythe, I know Marcus showed me his scythe once and I finally managed to get one after I made the toon already but mine seems nerfed (his also had restrictions like an Evil Female Half-Orc only or someting). I mean the good captain wants to stop Gonds entering BD for a reason, give him/her the means to do it (extra damage vs good maybe?).
-Item upgrade requested for the monk set, for something so rare I can almost put a better set together from different bosses. The player Tool 2 is awesome but gets killed quick, and the damage from gloves is not really great either.
-Item upgrade requested for WK boots (Nazgul Fleeting Steps), nerfed from Dodge AC  +6, regen +2 and Freedom to Dodge AC +5, regen +1 and Imm. to Paralysis, still good but please reinstate the old version.
-Opening gates is harder than cracking a nut, I understand the need if you want to go in but it is generally harder to get out (Dale/MT/Corsairs). Also seems weird that gates are closing by themselves when there is nobody there.
-Auto-attacking from Invis or GS when some lowlife spawn is rubbing against you, I have never seen them doing that to me thereby ruining their position! Note: it's possible that they spot you and attack, when they miss nothing happens but if they hit the auto-attack engages.
-Cloaks not always appearing properly when deshifting.
-Palemaster getting drain/level immunity after a certain level, they are getting better AC and summons when going higer level but for a toon specializing in necromancy I would expect them to be resistant themselves, level 18 maybe?
-Red Dragon shape getting fire damage from spells like Incendiary Cloud and Flame Weapon (granted, after hit by a Blackstaff effect but still..). So I guess a Blue Dragon could get electric damage after hit by a Blackstaff effect as well?
-New areas are great but if you can only go there with at least 4 people then it's almost a waste if nobody goes there. ToD is a great example where we still got killed after 3 hours of dungeon crawling..

Edit: added some more comments as they came to me.
« Last Edit: 03 April 2014, 01:16 by Chaozrulez » Logged

Keep'em rollin'
tonoplast
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 23 March 2014, 08:24 »

Paladin losing ab might have something to do with HA. After HA duration, the ab seems to drop, so it requires re-equipping. I could be wrong though.
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 23 March 2014, 12:14 »

My BAB is 55 so I don't see how it could be below that, if I unequip the sword it drops to 47, equipping goes back to 55. This is all according to the character screen, didn't check logs if this is correct.

Keep'em rollin'
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 12 April 2014, 15:43 »

OK looks like the Ethring NPCs have already had their blind sight/true seeing removed by Nobu earlier in the year.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 12 April 2014, 16:16 »

OK some responses Smiley

-Monk shifter bug confirmed, would be great if this could be solved, spell level 6 instead of 34 makes the toon kinda useless.
Will make this a priority fix for the next update

-Treebeard still not showing drop chances and respawning with other 2 ents. Also drops in Fangorn are disappointing as all ents drop the same Ring and Heart of Fangorn, plus Treebeard dropping lame club and dagger? I would expect a Grand Hierophant Druid Armor from him at least...what use is a dagger to him?
Yeh I know about this one - he has a custom death script which is bugging the drop chance and respawn script - fixing it is proving a little difficult and time consuming

-Azog the Destroyer not showing drop chances and xp for killing him (or is that the Hand?).
He is too lower level to fire the script that shows the loot drop chances (it is based on NPC level)

-Bilgash the Dark has unusually long respawn time.
Will have a look

-Damrod and Mablung not spawning in Henneth (don't know what the trigger is, sometimes they do, mostly they don't).
This has been raised a few times - they do spawn/re-spawn as designed by Terrorble Smiley

-Khamul and King Thranduil could be added as 5% faction bonuses.
Good idea Smiley

-Fallen Lord and Gardrahl not spawning regularly, this usually happens when people rest inside the tomb instead of outside thereby screwing up the respawn (Note: as most areas, can be solved by going in&out thereby resetting the area).
This is a new one - never had a problem with Fallen Lord so must be a new bug, Gardrahl not killed enough so will take a look.

-I constantly have to re-equip my bastard sword (Blade of the Righteous) to get the full attack bonus, it randomly drops to 50 instead of 55 (bare AB without buffs) on my Pally28/WM7/HS5.
Note: this happened mostly in Tomb of the Fallen where the golems cast some Int Drain but after putting on a imm. vs level drain this still happens. I fail to see how an Int Drain could lower the AB?
Tonoplast is right, when Holy Sword runs out the AB bonus drops (even if its already a +5 weapon). This is probably more of a bug with NWN and not the mod but can take a look to see if its fixable.

-While doing some MT runs my F6/WM7/BG27 lost his Bull Strength thereby dropping AB64 back to 58.
Now this happened consistently at Radagast and at Aragorn, I didn't check the log to see if it got dispelled but Wake was our backup so maybe he could have some info.
While BG gets the bull strength buff for their ab bonus, remember if it runs out or you die and can't rest, you can use bull strength pots for the same effect (all be it shorter) - do not use Greater bulls strength buffs after standard bull strength buffs though as it removes the AB bonus

-Opening gates is harder than cracking a nut, I understand the need if you want to go in but it is generally harder to get out (Dale/MT/Corsairs). Also seems weird that gates are closing by themselves when there is nobody there.
I think the longer the server is up the buggier the gates get, they use a standard bash script which controls all that using timers etc

-Auto-attacking from Invis or GS when some lowlife spawn is rubbing against you, I have never seen them doing that to me thereby ruining their position! Note: it's possible that they spot you and attack, when they miss nothing happens but if they hit the auto-attack engages.
Probably down to the improved AI

-Cloaks not always appearing properly when deshifting.
Probably a game bug not a mod bug

-Palemaster getting drain/level immunity after a certain level, they are getting better AC and summons when going higer level but for a toon specializing in necromancy I would expect them to be resistant themselves, level 18 maybe?

-Red Dragon shape getting fire damage from spells like Incendiary Cloud and Flame Weapon (granted, after hit by a Blackstaff effect but still..). So I guess a Blue Dragon could get electric damage after hit by a Blackstaff effect as well?
Yes - RDD gets 100% immunity to fire, so blackstaff effect or items with -% immunity will cause RDDs to get fire damage, this will be the same for any shapes with 100% elemental immunity

-New areas are great but if you can only go there with at least 4 people then it's almost a waste if nobody goes there. ToD is a great example where we still got killed after 3 hours of dungeon crawling..
Noted for sure, these changes take time so bear with me on these

-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 12 April 2014, 17:40 »

OK level 37 Ranger aid, just tested this and it is giving +7 so it is working so removing this one from the list. It might not give +7 on the character sheet but is giving +7 in the combat log.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 12 April 2014, 23:00 »

Just tested the Azer with 30+ charisma - it is getting +2 attacks so removing from the list.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to: