Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 02:32

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  Admin Announcements  |  UPDATES PART I - BUG FIXES
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: UPDATES PART I - BUG FIXES  (Read 26322 times)
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 14 April 2014, 00:57 »

Welcome back and thanks for the feedback FC, here are some more:
-Forgot to mention that the Palemaster comment is more an upgrade request for the class (drain immunity at level 18).
-Request to put Gandalf in MT and Radagast in Mirkwood South (or add a small map adjacent to it named Rhosgobel). Beorn changing into a huge raging bear instead of dragon would be cool too.
-The Warden not respawning in Dol Goldur, everybody else immediately respawns when you go down again in the cellar btw.
-Necromancers respawning on the platform with Khamul which makes the fight a pain in the neck (just started farming him, really 8 necro's on top floor?). They are also immediately respawning once you go up and down again like the cellar.
-Ultravision bug for dragon shape shows up now and again, it seems to me that it is also more dependant on the area (spellcasters like priests/shamans etc). Note: this happens when PARTY members cast UV on themselves!
-Weight does not always merge with shape leaving you overburdened (kobold/spectre).
-The ear popping screeeeech when you enter the Dead Marshes.
-Request to double check if Epic Warding and Epic Mage Armor can not be dispelled (I could be wrong but I think Maynard stripped my sorcerer).
-Spell slot bug if you shift (probably all WIS/INT bonuses are reset).
-Buff icons sometimes disappearing in top right corner when you go into another area.
-Rod already requested this a few times but a teleport that doesnt cost 20M gold would be nice. There was already a chain on this with Grey. We could add pylons from MM/MT to 1 or 2 different areas.
-In addition to above, of all the areas in GvM I never went past Isengard/Helms Deep/Mirkwood because it is a long walk. That is almost 25 maps I have never visited because there is almost nothing there but certain death (between Gap of Rohan and Rivendel with Hobbiton) so these could use some incentive.
-Concerning the item upgrade requests, I was kinda disappointed that they were nerfed after spending a lot of time trying to get them. Trying not to sound ungrateful, but after the new shifter balancing it will be harder time farming even when dual logging.
-If your summon kills a boss, you don't see the drop chance but there is still a chance or no drop at all?
« Last Edit: 14 May 2014, 01:19 by Chaozrulez » Logged

Keep'em rollin'
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 24 April 2014, 07:54 »

I'm really proud of my idea for Black Staff to cause vulnerabilities.  I've not seen anywhere else come up with a better idea.  Take that fire immune lvl10+ RDD!  Evil
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 12 August 2014, 15:11 »

Hi FC, did you get the chance to look at above comments/request? Thanks, Chaoz

Keep'em rollin'
tonoplast
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 13 August 2014, 07:38 »

-Necromancers respawning on the platform with Khamul which makes the fight a pain in the neck (just started farming him, really 8 necro's on top floor?). They are also immediately respawning once you go up and down again like the cellar.

I like how things respawn as soon as you go back to top floor at dulgodor, given the fact that those necromancers drop good stuff (like fell bracer, nice dagger, sequencer, dark arts cloak, scrolls etc), and the hounds drop really nice belt too. It's been my farming spot for those, especially the cloaks. I think they put it there like some other boss area where stuff respawns unless you kill the boss. Just like Aragorn area. There are ways to pull Khamul alone, or by killing a few stuff around before you jump onto him.

Btw who's warden? Is he the guy who has crazy conceal (was it like 90% or something)? He respawns like a boss I feel. Quite similar respawn timer as Khamul, maybe shorter slightly. If you log out before Khamul map, you'll need to go up (or down) and back again to spawn him.

All being said, I would like to know if Whirlwind can be fixed Tongue
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 13 August 2014, 20:18 »

Hey Chaoz, not yet but it's all on the list to have a look over Smiley Have had quite a lazy summer and made use of the nice weather but am back on it now. The other good news is that we have another active and experience dev helping with a lot of things, so hopefully we can get updates pushed out a little quicker and more regularly Smiley

The Warden is in the basement/dungeon map - has a very different spawn to all other NPCs and it's a little buggy for some reason. The 90% conceal guy, is that the Swordman just before Khamul map?

Whirlwind - core game bug I think and not sure how easy core bugs can be fixed if at all. Will try to find out I guess Smiley

Ace-of-Spades
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 17 August 2014, 04:55 »

I just want to say you guys have been doing an awesome job, Fire. I remember when we finally got the server back up and running this spring that bug list was a lot more red.

Thank you so much and keep up the great work!
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 30 August 2014, 00:39 »

Ok some more responses

Welcome back and thanks for the feedback FC, here are some more:

-Forgot to mention that the Palemaster comment is more an upgrade request for the class (drain immunity at level 18).
I am a bit hesitant to give Palemasters this as its an expensive feat to have for free and it would shift them further over to the benefits of the undead class. There are a lot of (good) items out there with either the feat itself or spells with the effect. I will continue to think about this though

-Request to put Gandalf in MT and Radagast in Mirkwood South (or add a small map adjacent to it named Rhosgobel). Beorn changing into a huge raging bear instead of dragon would be cool too.
Mini spoiler, but have been discussing the ideas of re-deving and expanding both cities, so watch this space

-The Warden not respawning in Dol Goldur, everybody else immediately respawns when you go down again in the cellar btw.
Yeh already a logged bug, again a boss with custom scripting which seems to break sometimes, although it didn't seem to on Turrils box and nothing has changed other than the OS the mod runs on

-Ultravision bug for dragon shape shows up now and again, it seems to me that it is also more dependant on the area (spellcasters like priests/shamans etc). Note: this happens when PARTY members cast UV on themselves!

-Weight does not always merge with shape leaving you overburdened (kobold/spectre).
I think this is a general shifter bug as I have seen it with constructs and dragons too. From what I can tell it is something to do with a combination of toons being encumbered when not shifted, shifting then dieing/crashing/logging out and on return login, bugs the toon. Sometimes a combination of resting, using a immunity to level drain item then relogging fixes it, but its one of those core game bugs I think. A fix might be possible

-The ear popping screeeeech when you enter the Dead Marshes.
Yeh, there is another map that does this too (can't remember which), will fix these

-Request to double check if Epic Warding and Epic Mage Armor can not be dispelled (I could be wrong but I think Maynard stripped my sorcerer).
99% sure epic spells are undispellable, with the exception of some dispel traps. In all the time I have played a PM or mage, both have never been dispelled by NPCs

-Spell slot bug if you shift (probably all WIS/INT bonuses are reset).
High level casters also get this on login. It's not really a bug but the way items are un-equiped/re-equiped on shift, so ability bonuses change depending on what items the toon has

-Buff icons sometimes disappearing in top right corner when you go into another area.
A core NWN bug, this happens when a buff/feats runs out when you are transitioning

-Rod already requested this a few times but a teleport that doesnt cost 20M gold would be nice. There was already a chain on this with Grey. We could add pylons from MM/MT to 1 or 2 different areas.
We are looking at a travel ticket reward system and an update to the travel center to add new places to port to. This will be in the next release

-In addition to above, of all the areas in GvM I never went past Isengard/Helms Deep/Mirkwood because it is a long walk. That is almost 25 maps I have never visited because there is almost nothing there but certain death (between Gap of Rohan and Rivendel with Hobbiton) so these could use some incentive.
Same as above, those maps specifically are primarily aimed at party play and not forgetting the one ring quest Smiley

-Concerning the item upgrade requests, I was kinda disappointed that they were nerfed after spending a lot of time trying to get them. Trying not to sound ungrateful, but after the new shifter balancing it will be harder time farming even when dual logging.
The few items I have changed have all been slight upgrades. Which items were nerfed? These must be old nerfs?

-If your summon kills a boss, you don't see the drop chance but there is still a chance or no drop at all?
Yes there is still a drop chance, you just don't see it. Many a time my Dracolich summoner was used for farming some bosses Smiley
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 21 February 2015, 00:40 »

Ice queen is spawning fine so going to ignore that one (tested on the running mod).
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 23 February 2015, 15:42 »

Yeah but like The Warden she does not respawn after you kill her...

Keep'em rollin'
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 23 February 2015, 19:43 »

She is re-spawning when I tested - after killing her are you logging out of the mod from that area? I think some of these really old areas require you to re-enter via transition to trigger re-spawns, so if you park somewhere in the area, logout then later login again, it won't trigger re-spawns.

And for everyone's info - The Warden is a weird one - I can't replicate the problem locally (Windows) so can only assume it is some sort of OS related bug as the server runs Linux. May have to just change how The Warden works altogether.
« Last Edit: 23 February 2015, 19:53 by -firecracker- » Logged
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 03 September 2015, 22:27 »

The Osgilliath Graveyard quest hand in NPC seems to be disappearing. Not sure why as it use to work and nothing has changed. Will do a rebuild of the mod and upload to see if it fixes in the next couple of days.

-fc-
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 06 September 2015, 12:50 »

thumbsup

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
Noruas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 06 September 2015, 15:20 »

It seems to be not fixed.

ash nazg durbatuluk,
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nasg thrakatuluk,
agh burzum ishi krimpatul
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 08 September 2015, 23:19 »

Was away all weekend - hoping to do this tomorrow evening after work Smiley
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 12 September 2015, 15:42 »

Ok fixed the Osg Quest NPC.

Also have made a change so that when the server is restarted DP will be on by default.
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 16 September 2015, 15:13 »

hello2 thnx again -fire- !

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Jump to: