Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 16:08

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Ideas and wishes...
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ideas and wishes...  (Read 4926 times)
grunaldo
Poster

View Profile
« on: 16 December 2013, 14:47 »

1. I wold like to have more or all IG Items in the Build test Area.
   So chars can be tested better ans not so experienced players like
   me can see what items exist.

2. A toon deleter would be nice.

3. I often die by deshifting or debuffing when i hav low HP, it would be great
   if i had at least 1 HP after that.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16 December 2013, 18:20 »

1. I wold like to have more or all IG Items in the Build test Area.
   So chars can be tested better ans not so experienced players like
   me can see what items exist.

2. A toon deleter would be nice.

3. I often die by deshifting or debuffing when i hav low HP, it would be great
   if i had at least 1 HP after that.

1. Having better gear in the test area has been mentioned a few times previously. Improvements to the test area will be done at some point soon Smiley

2. Toon deleters again have been requested before but I think this can open up a whole world of trouble if accounts get compromised, which is why one was never added. If you want toons deleting then PM me with the account name and exact name of the toon and it can be done manually.

3. The good old constitution bug which has had attempted fixes in the past Smiley
grunaldo
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 December 2013, 10:40 »

4. A Party Offer Chest, that alle the stuff which is free to take does not lay around in the
   pocket and the lounge.
Ace-of-Spades
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 December 2013, 23:16 »

I like the donation box idea.
Don't get me wrong, I love when high level players donate excess gear from their runs, but it can start to clutter up the place.
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 December 2013, 10:52 »

I like the donation box idea.
Don't get me wrong, I love when high level players donate excess gear from their runs, but it can start to clutter up the place.

The way I liked to run it (WAY back) was that after a raid and drop rolls had concluded, a shout went out to group up for any exp rewards. During this time, any gear currently in the pocket/lounge was free for anyone who wanted it. Anything that wasn't taken within 20 minutes or so went into the party sell chest while everyone was still in one large party, usually bringing around 100k each depending on how much random "garbage" we picked up.

All gear was left next to the circle of hand-chairs in the lounge (boss drops/red letter drops in the center of the circle), where it was out-of-the-way enough that you simply wouldn't see it if you didn't go over there, rather than in the middle of the floor where it looks untidy.

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
tonoplast
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 December 2013, 03:37 »

Hi,

I dunno where to put it, so i decided to post it here.
Just one item that I would like to see a slight change.

Devorin's Father's Cape of Might.

It has +4 str and con, which is really nice. I'm thinking that perhaps the Immunity on it has been mistakenly put.

It says "Spell Immunity : Fear".. perhaps it was intended as "Immunity : Fear"

^^
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 December 2013, 00:42 »

Think I write my newyears wish here ....  Grin

Server is hardcore now is it?
AI is now quite hard ... lots of times a bit too hard ... is it possible to change difficulty to normal again?
this one is also a wish from Angel-Angels.

Oh and happy newyear to all who reads this  occasion14

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 December 2013, 01:35 »

Hey guys - regarding the difficulty setting. From the start of this server renewal it was set to 'Normal' just because this is the default setting of a server. I then soon learn't that 'Normal' means that you, as players, can not get critical hits struck against you (as well as some other stuff which wasn't right like no AOO on ranged weapons) which we all know is not how things use to be. So as a result I have increased the setting to the level above that which seems to be inline with how Turrils box was setup.

-fc-
« Last Edit: 31 December 2013, 11:42 by -firecracker- » Logged
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 December 2013, 19:50 »

Think I write my newyears wish here ....  Grin

Server is hardcore now is it?
AI is now quite hard ... lots of times a bit too hard ... is it possible to change difficulty to normal again?
this one is also a wish from Angel-Angels.

Oh and happy newyear to all who reads this  occasion14

Happy New Year to you too Grey, and thanks again for hosting the server for us ^_^

The difficulty setting isn't actually anything to do with the AI ability, it only affects things like damage (you take more and deal less), critical hits, death magic effects (petrification is non-permanent in normal mode), daze and dominate effects, etc. That said, we ARE playing Hardcore, which is the next level up from Normal. Here is a list of what each level means, with changes from the previous level bolded.

The AI in vanilla is really dumb (never casts dispels on anything, for example). I seem to remember being told we have an upped intelligence AI from an outside mod we use (because that's something you can do), and that's why it sometimes does things that are really annoying (like hips spam, or instantly recasting spell mantles) - it's actually too clever for its own good.

The problem is we can't remove the annoying features without also making the AI so criminally stupid that it wouldn't even be worth playing the mod. Not without re-coding the AI, anyway.

You could possibly give someone a copy of the modified AI and have them edit it to remove or change some of the more difficult things, but I imagine that would be more complex than anything any of our coders have tried so far, so it might take a long time (or it might just be way outside their ability).

I know I write long posts, but you would think if something was important there would be a lot to say about it, no?
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 January 2014, 06:10 »

Ollebroc handled the AI upgrade, and I'm pretty sure Tony K's AI from the vault was used.  The default AI was good in many ways, but I recall that NPCs did not use many abilities that they do under this AI.

However, I very much dislike how this AI tends to snoop toward you when you are invisible or otherwise hiding.  Also, the way NPCs don't respond to darkness sometimes.  Darkness used to be incredibly effective way back when.
NLawson
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 January 2014, 06:23 »

However, I very much dislike how this AI tends to snoop toward you when you are invisible or otherwise hiding.  Also, the way NPCs don't respond to darkness sometimes.  Darkness used to be incredibly effective way back when.

This. Especially when you're in GS, which immediately dispels you (and roots you in place) when you touch the majority of NPCs. You can cast Greater Sanctuary, stand still, and be not only visible but debuffed and unable to move in a matter of seconds. Not only that, sometimes it doesn't even catch the Sanc effect. Which means you have to wait till it wears off, move a bit, then recast GS and run away.

Also Blind - acts just like darkness, in that they almost completely ignore it and still randomly run towards you, like they've spotted you for a second. It's good for disengaging and running away though, because you can get out of their tracking range and they won't move towards you again.

tonoplast
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 January 2014, 05:23 »

Hello,

I'm not sure if this has been covered, but I'm just throwing out some ideas.
I don't think that many people are building ranged builds, and perhaps it's because of their lack in damage doesn't make up for the range they get, and also their ab (apart from AA, but even certain AA's don't get that reciprocal damage) isn't that great.

I'm not saying that all ranged builds are bad. I am sure there are a lot of nice ones, but it seems very limited, as compared to melee builds. Currently shifter seems like the best damage build, but there are a lot of other viable builds. Even though I saw that a drider build (probably, I'm not too sure), was doing over 230 crits, and it was making other ranged build look very bad (even melee WM builds maybe), it is a specialized build and I think it is quite cool.

It is important that STR toons should do more damage than dex toons, and they really do in general, but I feel that ranged weapon users don't quite reach the damage that the same dex toons  would have. (probably because there are better weapons around, and maybe I have not seen all the arrows and bolts around, but those good ones are quite rare, and you wouldn't be using them unless vs boss fights, or ever - perhaps this could be covered by some idea I heard, but that's another issue.)
Also, unless you are an AA, your AB isn't going to be much different than melee toons, it quite defeats the purpose of having a ranged ones. Crit range is not that great (but we have keened bows and xbows, which are very nice), and well, you cannot WM it, so there isn't much improvement on the builds itself.

Barbarians can give bow sonic buff, but needs 25 str, and barbs won't give xbow ab bonus, so it can only be used for 2 or 3 extra attacks (not sure why barb's are the only full ab class that doesn't receive this bonus). Harper Scout seems like a nice class to add, since +5 magic damage is carried onto the arrow/bows (not sure which), and other damage would come from Cleric/Paladin/BG's damage, or Sneaks.

Wow I wrote so much just to get to the point. What do you think of having Blade of Thirst working on ranged weapons? I think that could make a strong ranged ranger builds. or.. is it too much? I know that ranger is quite buffed now, with all the AC, AB and damage (mainly for melee), but AC doesn't apply to ranged.

Or getting the Ftr widget worked on ranged too. It would be quite nice, maybe a little too OP but it's an idea Tongue
« Last Edit: 05 January 2014, 10:08 by tonoplast » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: