Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 22:36

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Update - new area 1 - Troglodytes
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Update - new area 1 - Troglodytes  (Read 4214 times)
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« on: 04 March 2014, 01:00 »

This Wednesday (5th March) in the evening (UK time) I am going to push out a new version of the mod that will contain a new area (more specifically a reworked Troglodyte area). This will require a shutdown period for about 5-10 mins.

This is purely a new area release so there are no additional bug fixes in this version. I plan to work on those outstanding ones next and have bug fix version in a few weeks time.

The Troglodyte area has been completely remade with new NPCs and gear but it is a high level area (so be warned Smiley ) and work-in-progress so post any comments/feedback below once it goes live.
« Last Edit: 27 July 2016, 19:28 by -firecracker- » Logged
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2014, 01:28 »

I should also like to say that once this area goes live, DP will no longer be permanently on after each reset. It was left on primarily to get the server back on its feet. With the restored vault and quite a long testing period it will be used only for those more select periods.
« Last Edit: 04 March 2014, 01:49 by -firecracker- » Logged
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 March 2014, 19:49 »

Server is offline while the updated mod is being uploaded, will post when server is back online.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 March 2014, 20:09 »

And back up. As I said this new area is work-in-progress so post feedback. I will continue to add some bits and pieces to it over the next few weeks.
« Last Edit: 05 March 2014, 23:28 by -firecracker- » Logged
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 March 2014, 23:14 »

Area updated.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 March 2014, 19:34 »

Some time this week I will be pushing out another version update - the mage NPC will be toned down.
Rodriquez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 March 2014, 11:17 »

I enjoy the area, though it is dead hard. The high runspeed makes these guys a bit of a nuisance, combined with their AB and damage output (e.a. I died a lot testing here lol). All the more so as walking here with my current favorite squishy Mordor takes looooong. Which reminds me I have a suggestion regarding travelling times in general, which I will post elsewhere

Other suggestion I have would be to lengthen the dungeon crawl a bit and expand on the slaver theme. Maybe a boatride to their employers? Or a slave market, which could lead to employers?

-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 March 2014, 18:51 »

OK Rod - this is definitely a work-in-progress area so expect things to be changed/updated over time, and is designed to be very tough as I know some players were itching for a (very tough) team-based challenge. I still need to push the update out with the toned down mage NPC which should make a difference without at the same time making it a walk-over.

When the Trogs use to be in the mod (I think some areas broke in Drow so those areas and the old Trog maps were either deleted or closed off) they also had the high run speed and I have pretty much used the same skin as the old (properties - e.g. evasion which was commented on I know). But now they are higher level (40+ NPCs instead of 30ish) and their stats and gear have all be upgraded accordingly.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 April 2014, 12:30 »

Update with the toned down mages is live.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: