Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 02:06

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  reduce travelling times
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: reduce travelling times  (Read 4488 times)
Rodriquez
Poster

View Profile
« on: 11 March 2014, 11:27 »

I would like to see means to reduce travelling time. Some of the areas are sooo far off. I'm not saying kill the travelling experience, just add some means to link some key areas to reduce the time hoofing

Like there could be a secret portal that links Helms Deep with MM or really fast horseman that can take you from Edoras to MT and back.

I've posted something before, now with the new dev team (go Team Fire! lol) I figured we could perhaps look into this again
http://www.gondorvsmordor.com/gvm2/forum/index.php?topic=1165.0

Reading back my old post I included some appealing suggestions for loading screens

"You travel for days, through the forrest of [insert forestname], acorss the great Plane of [insert planename] before arriving at the outskirts of Yonderholme. You pick out distant columns of smokes coming from chimneys of the quiet settlement in the waning sunlight. All thoughts of the war are forgotten momentarily as you gaze upon this peacefull scene. The smell of bacon fills your nostrils as you head for the Plentifull Tankard inn"
Chaozrulez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2014, 16:44 »

20 million gold for the Teleport Book which is only available in MT seems also rather steep to travel to a pylon in BD, since the scroll use to travel back to MT/MM will cost a reasonable amount of gold/xp I suggest using that option for an extra pylon in Edoras and Helms Deep. Maybe even Hobbiton and Rivendel? Seems to me our Dark Lord could have forgotten a palantir there... Evil

Keep'em rollin'
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2014, 22:14 »

There is already something handy made for this great idea:
Turril's Travel Center (door in Eru's Lounge)

Only 2 "nasty" things about this as far as I can see

1. Cannot go to lots of places.

Here are your choices, pick one and thank you for traveling with Turril's Travel, where we put the "T" in Travel.
Corsair City
Gap of Rohan
Fallen
Moria
Rivendell
Issengard
Udun
Minas Tirith
Minas Morgul
Mirkwood
Dale
Lonely Mts
Bree

2. You need to have a Travel Ticket.
(How do I obtain a travel ticket? / They are awarded by DM's in events, or for other reasons as they see fit.)

So maybe there should be something (Boss or Quest) where to get Travel Tickets in the near future ??? .. -fire-  ??? Kiss
or
We need lots and lots of DM guided party's  Grin
« Last Edit: 11 March 2014, 22:19 by GreyDeth » Logged

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
Rodriquez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 March 2014, 08:44 »

Having access to more travelling tickets would be a quick and easy way to help reducing travelling times. Lowering the price of the teleport book would also help
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2014, 21:36 »

Been considering a few options for this.

Starting off with travel tickets - these were only really given out in DM events when there was a larger team of devs/DMs (which are no longer around), so am looking into the possibility of adding some kind of automatic reward scheme to hand these out. It would be aimed at giving the opportunity for both new players and vets, at any given level the ability to obtain them (at a sensible rate).

The travel center will probably need updating with some new areas to travel to too, so will have a look at this at the same time.

I may look at reducing the cost of the teleport book, but if the idea of travel ticket rewards works then this will become more of a premium item.

« Last Edit: 07 May 2014, 21:40 by -firecracker- » Logged
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2014, 22:32 »

Ok working on a system that will reward players with travel tokens.
Rodriquez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 June 2014, 21:37 »

excellent, looking forward to the travellong ticket reward system
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 June 2014, 22:09 »

Hail -fc- !!  hello2
Keep up the good work m8 !

Ace-of-Spades
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 August 2014, 04:51 »

(I realize this post is a little dated, so I apologize if this issue has already been addressed and resolved.)

This sounds like an awesome plan and I look forward to seeing how it turns out. I always thought GvM's travel system needed a facelift.

What are the options being considered? Tickets available for purchase in the Pocket/Lobby? Maybe any 'boss' classified mob drops 1 ticket upon death? The latter would ensure even lowbies could be rewarded with a travel ticket.

Anyway, I'm sure Fire will come up with something great.
« Last Edit: 17 August 2014, 05:43 by Ace-of-Spades » Logged
Vlad
admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 August 2014, 05:00 »

Yo,

Dated post, but still at the work right now ^^

I and fire are working on different projects for more productivity, the traveling is a part of he's job of the next update, I don't have all details but it is still at work at moment I'm writing this.
Full details should come soon.

Vlad.
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 August 2014, 09:34 »

Hail Vlad 2 !!  hello2
Keep up the good work m8s !

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: