Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 13:06

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Suggestions - Traveling
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Suggestions - Traveling  (Read 2202 times)
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« on: 01 February 2015, 20:39 »

1. Travel tickets

As already mentioned this is something I have already been working on and is nearly complete, so will appear in the next mod update.

There will be an automated travel ticket reward system which will allow all players to receive them (experienced/inexperienced, low level/high level). There will also be an update to the travel center to extend the destination list.

2. Teleport book

I have not totally made my mind up on how I am going to change this yet, but it was something I planned to do at the same time as the travel ticket update. So whether it is made cheaper or has x amount of uses remains to be seen, but expect to see it changed in next update too.

3. Run mode

A suggestion of perma expeditious retreat that auto cancels on combat or an item with unlimited uses.

My response :
There are horses in both cities that basically do this already. And I think there is also a stable in Bree. I am hesitant to start messing around with the ER spell (e.g. writing scripts to do checks to auto-cancel if it's been cast from a particular item vs other items and casters etc etc) at this stage. Instead would it be useful to add additional stables around the mod in neutral areas, so if your horse does die because you parked it too close to hostiles, it is not too far to get another?

Also I am thinking that maybe with the combination of points 1. and 2. then maybe this one wouldn't be so critical?

Share your thoughts below.
« Last Edit: 05 February 2015, 21:25 by -firecracker- » Logged
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2016, 15:16 »

Hi Guys.

Yeah I guess in general, it seems like all the servers are having the same issue. It maybe a little more so for servers that do not have active DMs / developers, but even with them around, it seems with low popularity, the motivation is just not there, so it's kind of a synergistic thing.

For those who are still playing nwn, and I don't speak for anyone, and this is just my opinion. I feel that many people want something fast-paced, which you can't quite find in GvM. Some of the improvements are added and that is great, and maybe a little bit of addition could help. For example, perma-haste and fast resting. Also for those who buff a lot, an item that gets you buffed with 1 click (similar to sequencer but uses your spell slots including meta-magic (maybe as a part of a quest). I think those 3 might get you going a little faster-paced and move along, but this just means more work, which I dunno is affordable.

Anyways, I hope you guys are doing well Smiley

This right here, everyone should have auto-haste. This was discussed before and all we got was a bunch of dreadful horses that I would kill on sight out of spite and annoyance.

Honestly though, it would balance out the classes a lot better and help with the general difficulty of the mod itself.

Caster Druid might be worth it.
Clerics can pick different domains, like Magic/Lightning or something defensive.
Melees can be more self sufficient without short term fixes through UMD or items.
General movement speed increase without stopping to buff or switch items.

Fast resting would be good also if possible. The buff thing he mentioned might be cool but I know I'd just be happy with hasted to begin with and not losing 10 seconds just to start buffing.
Wake of death
admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 July 2016, 06:43 »

Hi all,

NWN 2 have a5 second rest time throught the lvling process. I think this can be "fixed" within the code here but I haven't looked.

Just an idea.

Thanks
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 July 2016, 16:55 »

Yeh I am on board with perma haste, especially the argument about making it easier for new players.

I am just thinking of consequences in terms of builds and classes that have opted for it already (which would then become useless):
  • Drow shape
  • Iron Golum
  • Mages
  • Cleric's with travel domain - although they get other benefits such as freedom
  • Blind speed - could introduce a feat change to make it worth while still.

Might cause for possible re-levels being asked for.

Think it should be an easy change - going to look at it now.

-fc-
« Last Edit: 24 July 2016, 19:43 by -firecracker- » Logged
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 July 2016, 02:46 »

You could probably just remove it from Drow shape altogether. Or, to keep in line with DnD stuff give them a shifter level based Spell Resistance spell (10 + shifter level) in the place of haste. Keep the beginning SR at about 27 and top out at 40 at level 30? So it would be usable but not OP.

Iron Golem maybe get a mass Warcry or something simple like a fire shield.

Mages will be fine, the change just saves them valuable spell slots.

Clerics won't suffer either because, as you put it, they still get Freedom with Travel domain.

Blinding speed should probably be a 2nd level of Haste. Maybe not another movement increase but another 4 Dodge AC and another attack. That would certainly help bridge the gap between strength based melees and dexers. I think getting 5 attacks per round on a strength toon would still be better than 6 on a dexer though. Mainly it would help the heavy rogue types (mostly rogue/assassin/sd levels) stay competitive in terms of damage even though only Assassin gets decent attack bonus on it's own.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: