Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 June 2018, 08:50

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor).

Key Stats
12330 Posts in 1261 Topics by 600 Members
Latest Member: fontthai
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
(Gondor vs Mordor)  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Suggestions - New Players
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Suggestions - New Players  (Read 599 times)
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

Characters on GvM²

View Profile
« on: 05 February 2015, 22:02 »

1. NPC buffer

Suggestion of an NPC in Eru's lounge that gives your toon some modest buffs, flame weapon, stoneskin, protection from elements, magic weapon, mage armor. This NPC being useable till around level 10 when it says sorry your now too high of a level for me to bother with i.e. so by the time the player has amassed some of it's builds own abilities it would no longer be of use.

My response:
Well what do other people think of this? Would unbalance PvP at those low levels (should sub 10s ever PvP) - e.g. benefits of Cleric at low level etc.

2. Journal

Suggestion of giving players either an inventory item or journal entry upon choosing faction or an NPC in MT or MM that gives tips on where to go to level from 1-20 so new players not oriented with server layout can find their way to a good start.

My response:
Yep - will tie in nicely once the map is done too. I believe I have a volunteer to write the content too so when it is ready should be easy to add.

3. Server shouts

Some are badly in need of updating. I also plan to add some new ones that will help new players (e.g stuff about the test area if they don't read the signs etc).

4. Mad wizards pocket

A few years ago when I was a player I suggested that a new pocket area could be designed with a cleaner and easier layout, so that new players didn't get lost wondering around - which frequently seemed to happen (use the forum search you may find the thread). I may implement this.

Share your thoughts below.
pinkpuff
Poster

Characters on GvM²

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2016, 14:53 »

The buffer would be great for everyone at all levels. If left at the base caster levels even a low level cleric could dispel most of them in PVP.

Personally I think that's a great problem to have though.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: