Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20 April 2024, 17:23

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13123 Posts in 1337 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Suggestions - Miscellaneous
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Suggestions - Miscellaneous  (Read 2085 times)
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« on: 05 February 2015, 23:21 »

1. Removing class alignment restrictions

Suggestion to remove this to allow a entirely new range of builds.

My response:
This has been bought up several times before with from what I can tell a 50-50 split in terms of positives vs negatives and people for vs people against. While it opens up a whole new load of possible builds, some maybe over powered. Also there is the whole thing around smiting.

2. All that gold

Suggestion for a forge in MT and MM that for a large sum say 10 million gold can add +5 ac to any item or +5 ab to any weapon so some weapons and armors and boots etc become more useful and give us something to save up gold for. Many of these items are merely +4 but when crunching numbers for ab/ac or wanting to make that dagger with only sleep on hit +5 as well it would be worth it and give u a reason to save that gold up. If you wanted to take it further for 10-20 million add Keen to any item, +4 of an ability score to any item, or even +6ac for 30 million (with a maximum of only one upgrade for that item ever.

My response:
There was a decision a number of years ago by the DMs/Devs to tone the server down in terms of items and some NPC abilities as well as do a complete vault wipe to effectively 'start again'. Also back then it was possible to collect CE where by you could hand them into a DM and get custom items made (to an extent). It was decided that the new item set should consist of +4 weapons and +5 AC items as the norm, and +5 weapons and +6 AC or more would come from bosses or high level NPC drops. Also keen would not just be added to every weapon but be seen as a bonus, instead of the norm. So I guess this is a hard one to answer as it is the first steps back towards the old mod in terms of items. What do other people think?

3. Level 60

Suggestion to allow toons to level to 60.

My response:
I realise this was only a final suggestion and has already been mentioned. This would require a lot of work which to be frank I would never have the time to do. Existing areas aimed at high 30s - 40 would need to be rebuilt for 55-60s and new areas for leveling 35-60 would be required.

Share your thoughts below.
Baugnesh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2015, 13:35 »

1. Removing class alignment restrictions

Suggestion to remove this to allow a entirely new range of builds.

My response:
This has been bought up several times before with from what I can tell a 50-50 split in terms of positives vs negatives and people for vs people against. While it opens up a whole new load of possible builds, some maybe over powered. Also there is the whole thing around smiting.

I think the best answer to the smiting issue is to allow the alignment shifting to occur only in this way;

Possible Options: (usable as many times as a player chooses)
lawful to neutral
neutral to lawful
neutral to chaotic
chaotic to neutral
neutral to good (regardless of lawful, neutral, or chaotic)
neutral to evil (regardless of lawful, neutral, or chaotic)

Impossible Options:
evil to neutral (of any sub alignment)
good to neutral (of any sub alignment)
good to evil (of any sub alignment)
evil to good (of any sub alignment)

This way players can have expanded build options without avoiding a smite. They do however have the option of becoming good or evil to obtain those classes that require the alignment shift and then become vulnerable to smite, after which they cannot leave the good or evil alignment which they've become.

Examples:
Harper/Assassin is possible and the player is open to smite.

Champion of Torment^^/Blackguard is possible and the player is open to smite.

Palemaster/Paladin is possible and the player is open to smite.
PM/Pally is not really at much of an advantage this way as he couldn't shift back to neutral once going good so his low BAB classes would severely hinder is AB and attack schedule, pallys aren't that tough here in lieu of the other classes changed mechanics either, and I think should be looked at further to keep them up to par. How about for paladins only, the divine shield feat grants shield AC bonus instead of dodge which stacks with their highest shield AC, thus avoiding the +20 dodge AC cap which only takes 8 ability modifier to hit if a toon has 40 tumble and haste.

There was a decision a number of years ago by the DMs/Devs to tone the server down in terms of items and some NPC abilities as well as do a complete vault wipe to effectively 'start again'. Also back then it was possible to collect CE where by you could hand them into a DM and get custom items made (to an extent). It was decided that the new item set should consist of +4 weapons and +5 AC items as the norm, and +5 weapons and +6 AC or more would come from bosses or high level NPC drops. Also keen would not just be added to every weapon but be seen as a bonus, instead of the norm. So I guess this is a hard one to answer as it is the first steps back towards the old mod in terms of items. What do other people think?

If that type of forge is out of the question perhaps you'd consider +4 enhancement or ac being the maximum a toon could add to an item for say 8 million gold, which would still be good for some items I.E. the mords onhit dagger, or short guy syndrome boots. Or a modest +2 ability score and leave it restricted to only a handful of items, say belt or cloak for 2 million gold. Or a bonus spell slot for 1 million gold per spell (1-9 million) level restricted only to helm with a maximum of 2 being available to add. Or restricted to shield only a maximum of 1 5/- damage resistance of any of the basic elemental (excluding magical/divine/pos/neg) types for 5 million. Or restricted to gloves only a +5 skill bonus to any skill for 5 million. Those may be more feasible additions without imbalancing how the mod is already designed. I'm not sure how laborious of a project that would be but it would be something people would make use of.

Some other ways to make use of the excess of Gold:

Another option would be to provide tickets to use at the ticket system that takes you to less remote places based on faction for a nominal fee, say 300k to 500k a Gondor toon could buy a ticket to Edoras or Dale. Or a Mordor toon could buy a ticket to Helm's Deep, or Dol Guldur. Which would make some traveling a bit easier or aid someone in jumping in on an opposing faction performing a Raid and give more PVP opportunity.

Or for say 1-3 million with some restrictions, a toon could port back to their last death corpse, upon which they are completely debuffed.

Or give the infamous 20 million gold port book 10-20x uses before it goes poof, or reduce the price to 1-2 million for the 1 port.

Expanding the items available in the Elite Armory Vendors would also be good.

The main idea there is to give people something to spend their gold on, once a player is lvl 21 or so aside the few meek items that they might use in the Elite Armories the need for their gold is null and void aside buying healing kits and potions and raise dead or restoration scrolls.

Da Orcs inda hood say Sauron's all gewd.
Accounts: Baugnesh / Vindjfel
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2016, 14:27 »

I would completely remove the restrictions. None of the class combos would be OP and NPC's smiting players has always been bad in my opinion. But if that's something to keep going then maybe just force all Gondor to be Good and all Mordor to be Evil after the restrictions are lifted. That makes sense to me.

Paladin/PM would be useful but the AB would still be less than amazing. More of a off-tank type useful for soloing lesser areas and doing some irresistible damage in party play.

Paladin/Shifter would only be a semi-viable replacement for Cleric/Shifter and I'm not entirely sure the extra possible AB (harder to hit the cap) would be better than the extra attacks from Cleric. Would be very specific type builds meant for complementing parties.

Dwarven Defender/Bard or DD/Barbarian would also be sub-optimal builds even with PM.

Blackguard/Paladin would only benefit the Mordor side and only for AB purposes which BG sorely lacks.

Paladin/Assassin would be a usable combo with nicely balanced offense/defense but far from OP.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: