Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 08:02

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Character Builds  |  Spellcaster Builds  |  Valkirah the Lich Lord (So 26 / PM 10 / BG 4)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Valkirah the Lich Lord (So 26 / PM 10 / BG 4)  (Read 2217 times)
Valkirah

View Profile
« on: 29 April 2015, 19:21 »

Here is the build that I plan on making for my Lich Lord character.  I have read of the spell, feat, and class changes threads and this looks like it has a good fit with this server.  I plan to take a few feats instead of the CHA focus feats (likely another spell school focus to Epic).

Any thoughts or advice before I invest a bunch of time heading down the path of gimpiness?

- Valkirah of Angmar

(Source: http://home.comcast.net/~worldofgreyhawk/builds/data/build272583.html)

SORCERER KING (“Wildwood Prince”)
Joint Authors: By Deborah “Tyr” Templar and Tattoed Monk

The Sorcerer King, also known as Prince John, the Usurper. He was elevated to King of England, when his relative, Richard du Coeur (Lionheart, and rightful ruler of England) went off to join the Crusades; John’s rule was supposed to be only a temporary one, so far as Richard was to re-take the throne on his return but it did not happen that way. Rather, while Richard was gone, John conspired with foreign rulers, and other bad apples (such as evil agents who had infiltrated the Church) to not only extend and confirm his rule over the whole of England but, with the support of such foreigners and the like, into other territories, and in exchange for which support John agreed to pay for in gold; and pay for it in gold he did, by the horse-drawn-cart loads, which he raised from the people in the form of exorbitant taxes: John’s quest for power in turn bled the people dry, such that they were starving. But this did not matter to John, since he cared only for power; first, he would take England, and eventually, provided he could supply his backers with gold, the region.

With the help of his foreign aid, or was it by pure coincidence, John also had the perfect excuse to justify his tax grab; it came in the form of the need to raise a large ransom, or so the story goes, when Richard, the so-called rightful ruler of England was kidnapped in foreign lands and turned over as a prisoner to a foreign Duke, who held Richard for allegedly having offended not only himself, but various other forces, including the “bad apples” of the Church; whether or not John had any part in these events, they provided him with a wonderful excuse for the need to raise taxes and fast; at the same time, these events providing him with the perfect claim to retain his hold of the throne, and also a distraction, so that the public might not know nor suspect what he was really up to. Yes, John needed money and a lot of it, to support the evil forces at work for his benefit and of which (according to the legends of Robin Hood) he played a large part. While an unpopular ruler, no one would dare question John’s authority or his actions effect on the poor – no one, that is, but Robin Hood and his merry band, whose aid and message of hope were a constant thorn in John’s side.

But John and his loyal supporters, evil henchmen all, ruled with an iron fist, and to this end John charged his Sheriffs and their minions with many tasks, but above all else, he demanded they bring to him on a platter the head of Robin Hood. To John, the man who drained the life blood of his nation, who starved and sacrificed his people so as to be King, failure was simply not an option: “I want Robin Hood dead and his head on my plate by sunrise, or I shall have yours instead,” the King wailed to his minions, his voice thundering across the nation like a banshee; and if a bunch of peasants had to die or be sacrificed in the process, then so be it. England, after all, was his, and would be his alone to rule forever.

The Build—Advantages and Disadvantages:
In keeping with the above, being part of the Wildwood (Robin Hood) Series, this is an epic sorcerer, with numerous minions to order about (PM greater undead, BG undead, Sorc. summons) and blood-let for him, while he focuses on that which he does and enjoys best: casting and ruling, with meta magics and a Banshee Wail (DC) 39 (42 w. cha items) being fit for a royal king. Aside from potential SR issues (as compared to a pure caster per se), and low/mediocre HPs (but which he buffs, and in addition to enjoying Epic Warding, too) this royal enjoys early foci in his chosen school (necro for RP reasons, and the song of instant death – i.e., Wail). As such, he’s strong offensively (Wail, Time Stop, Mordor’s, Mestil’s, Bigby’s Line, fire balls, and can spam IGMS, to name a few), with a very nice defense, too (very good AC, PM immunities, high saves/BG Dark Blessing, Divine Shield (AC), and Epic Warding, too).

While by no means the first sorcerer to take advantage of charisma synergy with either paladin or blackguard (Exalted Sorceress has that honor, yes?  , this combo was selected for theme/RP-reasons; that said, he also appears to be unique so far as it is the first to combine epic sorcerer with BG and PM, with a spell foci (there being only one other build according to the Pulse which utilizes this class combo, namely: Almalith’s Doom Lich (Sorc.28 /PM10/ BG2), Click Here , which looks like a very fun build with some nice HPs, but no use apart from Dark Blessing is there made of BG class, nor does it take on any spell foci, thereby differing from this Prince in these and many other respects). Without any further ado, please meet:

SORCERER KING (“Wildwood Prince”)
Blackguard(4), Sorcerer(26), Pale Master(10)

Human, Any Evil (Theme: Lawful Evil)

I. Attributes
STR: 14
DEX: 8
CON: 12
WIS: 8
INT: 12
CHA: 18 (32)

II. Level Guide
01: Sorcerer(1): Spell Focus: Necromancy*, Greater Spell Focus: Necromancy
02: Sorcerer(2)
03: Sorcerer(3): power attack
04: Sorcerer(4): CHA+1, (CHA=19)
05: Sorcerer(5)
06: Sorcerer(6): cleave
07: Sorcerer(7)
08: Sorcerer(Cool: CHA+1, (CHA=20)
09: Sorcerer(9): empower spell
10: Sorcerer(10)
11: Sorcerer(11)
12: Sorcerer(12): CHA+1, still spell, (CHA=21)
13: Pale Master(1)
14: Blackguard(1)
15: Blackguard(2): maximize spell*, {Smite Good}
16: Sorcerer(13): CHA+1, (CHA=22)
17: Sorcerer(14)
18: Blackguard(3): divine shield
19: Sorcerer(15)
20: Sorcerer(16): CHA+1, (CHA=23)
21: Sorcerer(17): great charisma I, (CHA=24)
22: Sorcerer(18)
23: Pale Master(2)
24: Pale Master(3): CHA+1, Epic Spell Focus: Necromancy, {Darkvision}, (CHA=25)
25: Pale Master(4)
26: Pale Master(5)
27: Pale Master(6): great charisma II, (CHA=26)
28: Pale Master(7): CHA+1, (CHA=27)
29: Pale Master(Cool
30: Pale Master(9): great charisma III, (CHA=28)
31: Pale Master(10)
32: Sorcerer(19): CHA+1, (CHA=29)
33: Sorcerer(20): great charisma IV, (CHA=30)
34: Sorcerer(21)
35: Sorcerer(22)
36: Sorcerer(23): CHA+1, automatic still spell I, epic spell: epic warding, (CHA=31)
37: Sorcerer(24)
38: Sorcerer(25)
39: Sorcerer(26): automatic still spell II, automatic still spell III
40: Blackguard(4): CHA+1, (CHA=32)

--

III. Basics:
a. Hitpoints: 262 (382 Emp. Endurance Only)

Other:
•   Epic Sorcerer Spells, incl. tenser’s (+26d6 HPs) ; Epic Warding

b. Saving Throws:
Fort: 32 (41 w. blessing/emp eagle’s, emp endurance, and resistance)   (49 vs. spells)
Will: 33 (40 w. blessing/emp eagle’s, emp owl’s, and resistance)   (48 vs. spells)
Reflex: 26 (33 w. blessing/emp eagle’s, emp cat’s, and resistance)   (41 vs. spells)

Pale Master Immunities: immune to crits., sneak, stun, paralysis, and hold

Other:
•   Sorcerer Spells, incl. protection, invulnerability, mind black, true seeing, etc. (see spells, below)
•   BG Dark Blessing (enhance w. charisma)

IV. Spell Casting:

Sorcerer, Level (9); SR 26+1d20

Spell DCs:
•   Focused school (necro*): 27, +3 emp eagle’s, or: DC 30, + spell level
i.e., Wail DC: 39 (DC 42 w. cha. items): all enemies who fail their fort save die)
•   Non-focused schools: 21+3 emp eagle’s, or: DC 24, + spell level

Spells Known/Castings per day (or rest):
Cantrips (7/6)
Level 1 (5/9)
Level 2 (5/9)
Level 3 (4/9)
Level 4 (4/8)
Level 5 (4/8)
Level 6 (3/8)
Level 7 (3/8)
Level 8 (3/7)
Level 9 (3/7)   

To see and fine-tune your spell book, see: http://www.nwnwiki.org/Sorcerer

V. Defense Vitals:

19 AC (bath robe)
+8 mundane plate
+3 mundane shield
--
30 AC
+3 emp cat’s
+4 shield
+5 shadow shield
+2 mage armor
+4 haste
+14 div shield (emp. eagle’s)
+ displacement, etc.
--
62 AC, and 50% concealment (self-buffs only)

Other (illustrative):
Epic Warding, Invulnerability Globes, Damage Shields, IGMS, Neg. Energy (Str.) Drain, Greater Sanctuary, Bigby’s-Line, Time Stop, Grt. Dispelling, and Wail of the Banshee
For more info on spells, see above.

VI. Combat Vitals:

AB (mundane scimitar): 23 (melee)
Damage: 1-6+2, +5 pow. attack (-5 ab) (crit: 18-20/x2), +1d6 sneak (no buffs)

Self-Buff to Cap:
+6 emp bull’s, BG Bull’s
+20 Truestrike
+ extra attack (haste), and keen
--
Buffed Combat: AB: 49
Smite Bonus (vs. Good): +14 AB (w. emp eagle’s), or: AB +63

Buffed Damage: 1-6+13 (buffed str + gmw), +5 pow attack (-5 ab), +4 smite (crit: 16-20/x2), +1d6 sneak damage
Other:
•   Tenser’s (+13 AB, and +1d6 fire damage); numerous minions (summons)
•   Sorcerer Spells (to name but a few):
o   IGMS, Time Stop, Mordor’s, Mestil’s, Melf’s, Bigby’s-Line, Black Blade, Evard’s Tentacles, Ice Storm, Meteors, Fire Balls, Horrid Wilting, and Banshee Wail
o   For more info: see spell section, above.

VII. Skillpoints: 172*
Concentration 42(43)
Discipline 43(45)
Heal 3(2)
Hide 5(4) (BG prereq).
Spellcraft 39(40)
Tumble 20(19)
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2015, 23:13 »

Great story background!  icon_thumleft

Dunno really what to think of this build ... cause I never really dug deep enough into sorcerer builds.
Looks nice though, although I doubt if this build can make its worth in our GvM-module without lots of help from others.

Thnx for sharing!

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: