Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20 April 2024, 01:26

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Request for faster loot respawn
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Request for faster loot respawn  (Read 1721 times)
Valkirah

View Profile
« on: 06 May 2015, 13:57 »

As a new player I have noticed that a lot (almost all) of the chests and crates that I encounter in dungeons are empty.  Do they only spawn loot after server reboot?

Is it possible to consider allowing dungeon chests and crates to respawn loot at a higher frequency?  Perhaps once an hour?

As a brand new player on the server I can attest that it is tough going for the first 15 levels because there is virtually no loot to be had, no money to earn, and therefore nothing that I can afford to buy.  I have had around 1000 gold since joining.

Thanks for listening,
Cheers,
  Val
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2015, 21:54 »

@Val

Sorry you didn't get any response on this one for such a long time  ... maybe because it was rather a bit off-topic request placed in "reboot time" topic (... moved youre request as a separate and new topic to here as you can see).
But also because this forum is a bit less occupied lately (less and less people seems to post here, maybe because lots of issues about this module is being covered already? Smiley

But for you ... a tip:
for the lower 15 levels ...
kill and loot as much as you can in the easier parts ... you'll find soon enough what you can take and what's not so easy.
sell poor loot in the chests from Mad wizards pocket (starting area) ... and slowly build up youre gold stash.

Note about gold: My experience is that at higher levels ... gold isn't that important any more.

As for faster re-spawn ... dunno if its worth the effort to modify this GvM module for this.
Also its been years and years working like this ... never heard any trouble with loot re-spawns before.
But that's just my opinion
I'm quite incapable in doing so ... can't script this module ... just hosting it.
« Last Edit: 18 September 2015, 21:58 by GreyDeth » Logged

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 September 2015, 00:25 »

Yeh I guess I missed this too.

The chests are a bit of a funny one, once they are raided they don't respawn stuff and 95% of them probably have nothing but poor-to-average stuff in them anyway.

The most useful gear will come from drops and even the non-useful drops will sell for a bunch of GP using the party sell chest - and that goes for low/mid levels too, not just the high level drops.

I remember first starting out leveling/farming in the Gondor crypts which has a bunch of NPCs that will drop stuff that sell for a fair bit of GP - once you're established with a single well made all round toon, GP is easy to come by by just farming those low-mid level areas.

I guess the hard thing about this mod is getting that first established toon, as it requires patience, and some builds will just be more difficult that others to get going. A while back I started levelling a 28 fighter, 2 bard, 10 RDD - granted it won't win any awards for killing bosses, but it's what I call a versatile build and I imagine would be a good build to get established with as its quite easy to level and play.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: