Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 00:42

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  You Have Been Booted
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: You Have Been Booted  (Read 2694 times)
Ace-of-Spades
Poster

View Profile
« on: 31 March 2016, 17:10 »

Hello,

Recently repurchased and reinstalled NWN. I tried logging into GvM, but I get the message "You have been booted" as soon as I select my character and try to join the server.

Any idea why this might be happening?
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2016, 19:46 »

Hi

Are you using new/different CD keys to the ones you originally created your accounts with? Since the master server was taken offline there is some protection on the server to stop random people logging into other people accounts.

-fc-
Ace-of-Spades
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 April 2016, 08:38 »

Yes, new CD Keys.

I moved and left behind my original discs, so I bought a new copy of the Diamond edition off Good Old Games. I figured it might have something to do with CD Keys. Is there a way to fix this, or reset my saved CD Key data on the server?
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 April 2016, 20:02 »

I think there is a way for sure but will involve modifying the database which requires taking the server offline, downloading the database then modifying it, and re-uploading it.

You say you bought the game from GoG - can I ask you to read this thread as GoG tends to hand out the same generic CD key by default unless you ask them to send you a unique multi-player key:
http://www.gondorvsmordor.com/gvm2/forum/index.php?topic=3246.0

Going back to the original question - another easier solution is for you to setup new accounts and for me to transfer them from the old account to new. This does clutter up the vault/DB with unused accounts but does not require any downtime or DataBase fiddling.

-fc-

-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 April 2016, 11:07 »

Let me know which you'd like (e.g. if your desparate to re-use your old login then I'll arrange to take the server offline and edit the DB). Or if your happy for me to move the toons over from the locked out account to a new one - PM me the old and new accounts and I can move them over.
Ace-of-Spades
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 April 2016, 15:26 »

Hey Firecracker, thanks for the response.

Yeah, I already had GoG send me a multiplayer CD Key prior to trying to play online.

I've noticed when I have been on NWN lately I haven't seen any players in GvM. Is the server pretty dead? Are there ever others on playing these days?

I'd prefer to continue using my old NWN account, but I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble if no one else is playing anymore.
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 April 2016, 22:19 »

Hey Ace!

High peak players online is pretty much over lately indeed.
I for one stopped playing because rules didnt change ... see:
http://www.gondorvsmordor.com/gvm2/forum/index.php?topic=3244.0
and especially: "if you really feel the urge to pvp ... kill ! ... but plze ress ... even with DP on"

Bazzbass has also stopped playing because of this.
(And Yoghurth who did came back sometimes to play along with us ... also ceased to exist online in GvM because of this)

Maybe when the server is really without players ... we will come back ... just to avoid the real die-hard pvp-players who refuse to resurrect when DP is on.

But maybe its a returning cycle ... some periods there are almost none and other times there are much more ... at least it was this way since I host the server.

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 April 2016, 19:48 »

Hey

It has always been an uphill struggle since I took on the mod to a) keep vets interested with new stuff and b) keep the newer players from sticking around especially since the server went offline for so long. Personally I have invested quite a lot of time in fixing stuff and providing a few new areas and while I have recently been working on another new area, I must admit if it is worth it and have kind of paused it. As Grey says it goes through cycles of activity/in-activity.

I did actually update the DP server shout a while back (which is the only place the mentions the PvP resurrect rule) so in effect in any PvP kill with the exceptions of cities - you must resurrect your opponents when Divine Protection is on or off.

Ace - maybe one night or next weekend I'll see about getting your account unlocked if the server is empty, just so it is done.

-fc-
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 April 2016, 20:39 »

Sweet!
Didnt knew that shout (rules) where modified ... way to go -fire-!
Thnx!
Am planning already to play soon again Cheesy

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: