Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24 April 2024, 07:49

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13123 Posts in 1337 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Player from Long Ago
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Player from Long Ago  (Read 2895 times)
coachjames

View Profile
« on: 06 December 2016, 23:38 »

Greetings GvMers! I hope all are well. Just dropping by to say hi. I was a player quite a few years ago, played for a few years. My screenname was coach_james (back when I didn't know better than to use underscores). A couple of my notable characters were Force of Nature, a human shapeshifter, and Titlethwarp Barbekellar (aka Spike), a gnome wizard. One of the images on the homepage here is even mine, the snowy one!

Been feeling nostalgic these days and it was recently brought to my attention that there are still a goodly number of NWN servers still running, so I figured I would see if the old homestead was still around and sure enough, it is! Seems like updates are still happening and everything.

Wondering if any of the old crew is still around. If I get a little free time, I was thinking about seeing if I could figure out how to run NWN under Win10. Might come around to kill some rats & bats.
Wake of death
admin
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 06 December 2016, 23:59 »

Hey,

Yes there are still quite a few of us still around. Install and jump in, the blood flows like a river.

Thanks
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 December 2016, 19:00 »

Welcome (almost) back!  Grin

Nostalgia is running freely here ... thats why this server is still around  Tongue

Very old crew is almost gone but a happy few "golden oldies" like fire and wake are still around to help this module running and improving (especially fire is doing a lot here)

But its great to see "veteran-people" like you here again!

If you suceeded in logging into the server again ... I'll be happy to give youre old toons back.
Just give a shout somewhere.

Hope to see you back in GvM-server one day!

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 December 2016, 19:19 »

Hi there

I remember the name coach_james Smiley Welcome back! Yes there are a few players floating around still. If you have any questions just give me a shout!

-fc-

P.S. I think NWN should run under Windows 10 fine.

tonoplast
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 December 2016, 21:26 »

Wow coach James! I think you were here when chronos and pixie were the DMs (I hope my memory hasn't failed me) ! Most of those early day players aren't quite around I think, but they do drop by every now and then. Good to see that you are still alive! See you in game, maybe!
coachjames

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 December 2016, 21:53 »

Awesome!

Now I just have to figure out where my key codes are. I am not even sure I still have my discs, moved a few times since then, and whatever HD I used to have it on has probably gone down in flames at some point. Does anyone know if I can get those back from Bioware? I have the email I registered with.
coachjames

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 December 2016, 21:54 »

Wow coach James! I think you were here when chronos and pixie were the DMs (I hope my memory hasn't failed me) ! Most of those early day players aren't quite around I think, but they do drop by every now and then. Good to see that you are still alive! See you in game, maybe!
Indeed I do remember those names. I remember most of the names on the screenshots on the homepage of this website, actually. We had some fun!
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 December 2016, 23:48 »

Mmm, really not sure if old CD keys are recoverable from Bioware, but might be worth trying.

I think newer players have been buying the game from GoG.com but just be careful if you do as by default they give out some generic CD key which causes headaches for multiplayer (some servers will not actually allow you to enter with it) - you can ask for a proper unique multiplayer key though I believe (I posted a thread about this, link below).

http://www.gondorvsmordor.com/gvm2/forum/index.php?topic=3246

cosmic_pariah
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 December 2016, 21:27 »

been a hundred years ago but the login sounds familiar.
there was also a snake sighting the other day, he stopped in to say hey
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 December 2016, 06:21 »

I played the server when you were around coach.  Indeed, it was Long Ago.  It seems to me there was someone you were always on with - maybe I'm mistaken.  Many good times with this game then and since.

A snake sighting too?
radagast
Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 01 January 2017, 16:10 »

I remember you coach  Smiley

Was it THAT long ago? I'm so old i thought it was last Tuesday!  wink

Rabbac

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: