Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 17:26

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  NWN Enhanced Edition
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: NWN Enhanced Edition  (Read 34593 times)
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 17 December 2018, 22:44 »

W00t after years I finally can use the DM client without crashing the whole server.
Thnx 2 -fire- ... now I shall study how this DM-ing all works in NWNEE

Further:
test NWNEE server is running a lot ... but only when I'm ready working and am home again.
can happen that its lagging cause I use PC also a lot
... but everyone is invited to test ! Cheesy
(see shortcut instructions above - can also ask to import toons for the test if you want)
testserver will continue in final form or at least the servervault will

I shall build the new NWNEE GvM server this Christmas holiday ... meanwhile testserver shall run lots of times ... and our "old faithful server" shall run until the new one is running!
So it takes only a couple of weeks I think  Grin
More info what to expect soon in other thread.

Exciting times people!!
 :pompom:

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
hfodf
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

Scripter

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 18 December 2018, 19:19 »

Cool! Going to buy the EE then Smiley.

Given the load ... and if needed. I can host is on my rackserver i have at the AMS-IX? (If needed.)

Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
The name ingame: http://www.thenoobcomic.com/daily/strip003.html
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 19 December 2018, 19:07 »

Thnx for this option hfodf ... if something goes awry I might knock on your door about this.  icon_thumright
Would be nice to see you playing too on the new GvM-EE server one day.

And just sharing my experience here about this new serverversion:
 ... everything runs just more smoothly! .... loading times r are lot faster and some minor bugs are gone (my cloak for instance now shows itself everywhere ... on old server cloack was quite buggy)
And to be honest it has indeed nice graphical improvements  ... if you really focus on it, that is.
headbang
« Last Edit: 19 December 2018, 23:27 by GreyDeth » Logged

bad_karma
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 21 December 2018, 11:52 »

Grey, hoping I can help you out with the migration work, I was already browsing the online documentation a bit.

Specifically this one seems to indicate how to migrate character vault from 1.69 servers to EE servers (if you want that or not, I'll leave up to you):
https://www.beamdog.com/nwn_faq#39

Just ping me if you want to get together (teamspeak, discord, slack, whatever) and get this show on the road!

Cheers!
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 21 December 2018, 16:11 »

Hey b_k ... again thnx for youre proposal and for the info.
But everything will work out just fine ... you'll see.
I've planned to have the new server up and running within 2 weeks ...
probably around new year ... before that everyone can testrun as mentioned above with the new NWN-EE client ... and even request to port servervault already.
More to come soon - this weekend I think.

bad_karma
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 22 December 2018, 08:59 »

Okido, I'll already go ahead and buy the EE. Reason why I asked if you needed help is that I see some opportunity for GvM to get its player base up, if we manage to port the world before Xmas. Ppl tend to have more free time on their hands between Xmas and new year. And where better to spend it than on GvM ;-)

So, I have faith that you are on top of things and the offer still stands: if you need help, technical or even just moral support while your hacking, drop a message or find me in-game.
bad_karma
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 22 December 2018, 09:02 »

And as if it was meant to be: I just log into steam to find that nwn EE is on 70% discount! I'll buy some for friends as a Xmas present now ;-)
bad_karma
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 22 December 2018, 09:51 »

And Grey, I was still under the impression that you just got started with this... and then i saw a full page of discussions between you and fire to get the server running Roll Eyes

Safe to say I was late to the party, but better late than never.
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 22 December 2018, 10:33 »

heh, now you see that checking our forum regularly is a necessity  Grin
And 70% discount !!! W000t  :pompom:
(Almost sure this will make my kids pretty happy when they see a gift in steam ;-)

BTW
Test NWNEE GvM-server will be running almost! 24/7 this holiday .... so buckle up and have fun already!
and with Test I mean ... everything that will be done and earned here will go to the soon-to-be real server too .... Test-servervault will also be definite servervault!! (and old servervault will be ported on request)
« Last Edit: 22 December 2018, 10:45 by GreyDeth » Logged

hfodf
Developer
Poster

Scripter

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 30 December 2018, 10:47 »

Would be nice to see you playing too on the new GvM-EE server one day.
Logging in as we speak

Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
The name ingame: http://www.thenoobcomic.com/daily/strip003.html
Satorial
Poster

Valar Morghulis

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 31 December 2018, 23:13 »

I have been holding off joining the module in case anything changes once it's opened for playing. If i were to make a character, would i still have that same character and everything i've collected on him by the time you're finished with the module in it's entirety? Or should i wait.

Simply so i don't invest too much time into something i won't be keeping. Because i know theres a few people whom are clearly interested in transfering over old characters, where i'm simply going to be starting from scratch.
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 01 January 2019, 01:31 »

Hey Satorial

I did wrote:
can also ask to import toons for the test if you want)
testserver will continue in final form or at least the servervault will

So plze join ...
test is only test in name ... because it will undergo some minor shutdowns while building it on new hardware and new configuration ... after that it will run same but only more stable Smiley
No one ever said module itself would be changed besides making it work in "enhanced-mode"
So dont need worry bout losing stuff.

Hope to see you online
 Grin

Satorial
Poster

Valar Morghulis

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 03 January 2019, 21:12 »

SO.. Upon trying to log in, i'm asked to locate some missing Hak files that are required? I haven't got this before. I was able to check the player list and Create a Character (Which i never finished) .. But now it won't even let me sit in the server vault. Boots me out immediately. Is there something i'm missing? I haven't lurked the forums in a bit.
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 03 January 2019, 21:40 »

@ Satorial:
see this one from bad karma:
http://www.gondorvsmordor.com/gvm2/forum/index.php?topic=3354.0
Hope I'll see you soon online

Satorial
Poster

Valar Morghulis

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 03 January 2019, 23:05 »

Well, yeah.. I've always had NWN:EE, and the CEP is a must to have in order to play any modules. So, that's all said and good.. But the module still isn't allowing me access. As i said, this is just happening now. Only yesterday i was allowed access to view the player list and create my character. Now i can't even get to that point. I have all of that, it's just the server not letting me in. Suppose i'll just let it sit for awhile and try again tomorrow.
bad_karma
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 04 January 2019, 14:04 »

@Satorial: I'll try to be online multiple times during this weekend. I'll check the forum to see if you are also online so I can help you figure out the problem. Maybe it's an issue others will also face and if so, I would like to add solutions to the "getting connected" topic I've started.
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 04 January 2019, 15:06 »

Hmmm weird,
Yesterday I saw someone playing without any trouble ... are you using Steam-NWN:EE join multiplayer game for making a connection and not a direct-connect link?

Satorial
Poster

Valar Morghulis

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 04 January 2019, 15:39 »

I only ever log in that way, Grey. I can see the server on the list, i can access it, but once it brings me to the " Character Select " screen, almost a milisecond later, i'm booted back to the main menu and told i'm " Missing required HAK file " .. But it doesn't list which one, or anything for that matter. I've yet to subscribe to anything new recently, so i don't think nothing is colliding with another override. And as i've stated already, only two days ago i was in there creating a character, i just never completed said character. I lost motivation halfway through for the build i was going to bring in, figured i'd come back another time when i found another. I distinctly remember seeing the player list. Four other players were online, then i went into Character Creation. Now i can't even so much as have time to even click the player list. Was anything recently added to the server? Or done to the server since Tuesday? Anything of that sort that would trigger this, even though everyone else isn't having any issues. Maybe i'll re-subscribe to the CEP on Steam. I still can't get in today.
« Last Edit: 04 January 2019, 15:43 by Satorial » Logged
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 04 January 2019, 16:37 »

Gets stranger and stranger ... no nothing added to server at all ... no modifications ... only a reboot yesterday.
And
Hak files .... hmmm maybe a resubsribe for the CEP-files by The Amethyst Dragon ???
did you made a toon called maricleonson or angelofdeath ? These ones I see made on Thuesday 1st januari

Now trying with a RL friend to make 1st connection to server ... keep you posted

OMG .... he has the same problem ... in the server and within 2 seconds gone again ... his error: missing required hak files ... same as your error.
rebooted the server ... rebooted the host PC ... nothing works yet Sad
ongoing investigation ...

Wow!!
Speaking about buggy programming ....
Found it ... thnx to Bazbas !
Workshop subscribings/installs from CEP are placed in:
<steam-install-place>\steamapps\workshop\content\704450\1312882397
So Solution:
In C:\Users\<youre-name>\Documents\Neverwinter Nights\nwn.ini
change under [Alias] the HAK and TLK references to the right place!

Pffff what a strange old skool solution .... did not expect this from Steam
Hope this will help you too
« Last Edit: 04 January 2019, 17:53 by GreyDeth » Logged

-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 04 January 2019, 18:40 »

I installed CEP the old-skool way downloading it from the neverwintervault. I didn't think to look on Steam for it.
Satorial
Poster

Valar Morghulis

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 04 January 2019, 21:32 »

Yeah. Figured that would've been the case at some point, i was just trying to understand why it let me in one day, and not the next. I guess the secret to fixing most things regarding HAKs and what not is to simply go a little oldschool. I took all the files from the TLK folder and HAK folder, and just threw them over to the EE Folder, and i've been granted access. We are good to go.

So i guess in Bad Karma's case, whenever they come around to see the resolved issue, let it be known that if this problem ever occurs for others, the fix just requires them to transfer the files manually over from one folder to the other.
bad_karma
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 04 January 2019, 23:15 »

Thanks for letting us know! I will add it to the "get connected" guide. I did have two other players test a virgin install of nwn EE + cep workshop and they both could connect without problems. But hey.. This is nwn we're talking about. Setting it up to work has never been its strength.
Satorial
Poster

Valar Morghulis

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 05 January 2019, 02:34 »

I think out of all the games i've ever played on the computer, Neverwinter Nights has given me the most issues. Can't say it's the easiest game to work around when it comes to getting all the CEP's. It used to be a hell of a lot more difficult on oldschool!

But i'm in, and i'm playing.. so i'm a happy camper.

Now we just see how long it takes me before i start whining about how i miss all my old gear...
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 05 January 2019, 12:43 »

LOL
Great to read it works now ...
And if at some point you really want you're old stuff back ... just give a PM and mail  Grin

Sky
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 05 January 2019, 20:32 »

Btw the shifter spells are not working, it's just the normal spells, and not the new ones added (for example, kobold shape has invis, but not improved invis as it was on the server previously). Thing is it worked before the recent reset, so not sure what has happened.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
Jump to: