Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 11:20

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Glory and Sadness
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Glory and Sadness  (Read 1467 times)
cosmic_pariah
Poster

View Profile
« on: 28 January 2018, 04:15 »

Hey folks,

This post has been a very long time coming.
I want to thank everyone for all the years of fantastic adventure.
I showed up on the server doorstep so long ago it seems like 100 years.
From my first day playing here I knew this was a special place. Back in 2004, in the Acid Rain era, there was not nearly as many places to go and have fun but we all still came on and gave it our best anyway. PVP, PVM, did not matter to me. It was all fun.
After the "big hand-off" in I think 2007/2008ish, things went off like clockwork. There were amazing new areas and we all had to start over. I will say that after the first wipe, I was pretty pissed off but I go over it and had 1000x more fun because of it.
From the beginning to the end, I would have had it no other way.
It has truly been some of my most memorable gaming time and I will always remember this place.
When I first started and Ronin took me under his wing and urged me to my best I was amazed at how awesome the community was, and still damn well is!
I met a lot of folks I consider friends here and am all the better for it. Most of those friends killed the hell outta me so many times hahaha.
There are far too many people to name but all of you are awesome.
Park, Pinky, NEP, and Zevia taught me that being evil was fun >).
Max always had some new way to get banned.
Hell even Charlie kept me laughing more often than not with his epic rants.
I still have a screenie of Mini-Hulk saved and every once in a while I will look through them and laugh my butt off.
<B>, Turril, Terror, fire, thanks for all the advice. tono, where ever you are, thanks for the years of advice and wicked toon ideas. Thanks to BRY for really teaching me how to play on GvM.
Marcus, thanks for being a buddy way back.
We all should give a shout out to good ol Dumbledor, no matter how folks feel about him, he made some serious toons. Good enough to get our heal kits nerfed LMAO.
wake, thx for being so damn cool.
So many others. Thank you all.

I am going on and on about this because the end is near for me. I will be deleting the game one last time in a month or so. I reinstalled a few weeks ago and was planning on playing again but I just cannot spend more than a few min on without just logging out. I have made everything. I have damn near everything there is to get. Very few people are on these days to roll with. It just seems it is finally time.
All that being said, I will not be doing a great gear give away. And fire, don't delete my vault damnit hehe. Things change and if some wild hair pops out, I may reinstall in the future and give it a go for old time sake or something.

Once again, Thank You GvM. Thanks for everything.

cosmic_pariah
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2018, 19:20 »

Great thing to read ... thnx for showing us the fun you had with all of GvM .... am sad to see you leave, but I fully understand ... me too used to have lots more time to play.
Cosmic ... thnx for all youre contributions on our forum and in game.
Just visit us sometimes ... maybe the fun and more game-time will return  Grin
so maybe not really goodbye ... but cu 'round!
 icon_salut

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2018, 21:56 »

Hey CP

Clearly you will be coming back if you don't want me to delete your vault Tongue

It's been a pleasure hacking and slashing with you (and wife) over the years. The time I can commit is very limited these days but do plan to finish the Ephel Dúath area - maybe that will entice you back Smiley

Stay safe

-fc-
bad_karma
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 January 2018, 18:52 »

Cosmic, this is completely unacceptable!!

Ok, seriously.. a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. So if you cannot find the motivation anymore to play, or at least lost the joy or satisfaction it gave you, then you're totally in the right to prioritize other things over GvM.

To give you a bit of hope: i quit a few months after the last wipe, after having played for many years. It was a combination of "having to start over" and the fact that right at that time I entered the "working class" (i.e. finished my study). For some reason, I really don't understand why, I found my way back just months ago, fully expecting to not find a server at all, let alone one that was still visited by others. Now I have 5 or so toons and 5 or so friends that started again, and I'm greatly enjoying myself.

Maybe the above will encourage you to give it another go in a few years.. who knows what could happen!

Until then, we'll try to keep the server as ruthless and inhospitable and dangerous as we can  Evil

In a final attempt I can only say that if you are in need of some pvp action, I'm happy to log either a Gondor or Mordor.

All the best!
bk
hfodf
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

Scripter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 February 2018, 11:21 »

See you in a year cosmic!

Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
The name ingame: http://www.thenoobcomic.com/daily/strip003.html
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: