Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 10:34

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Character Builds  |  Archer Builds (& Other Ranged Weapons)  |  slinger build: cleric 19 / assassin 16 / harper scout 5
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: slinger build: cleric 19 / assassin 16 / harper scout 5  (Read 2396 times)
bad_karma
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« on: 15 May 2018, 22:27 »

Ok.. the story is like this: some time back we looted this weird card game from witch king and I won the roll. Played the game and (apart from nice curse effect that lasted till reboot) I looted a +6 sling. Skywolf told me it was a pretty rare thing and so I should try and make a toon for it. With no sling builds on the forum (else, please point me to them) I started building. Now I have a first result and like some input.

Rationale:
- toon should get decent ab, since you need to land lot of hits to kill anything with them puny rocks
- aimed for divine might since it adds divine damage to otherwise damage-lacking weapon
- getting 18 char + cleric will give 2 attacks/round with divine power
- adding assassin gives death attack, to provide more dmg still
- adding enough assassin levels gives great survivability with some conceal
- harper scout, when taken on epic lvl gives both 2 bonus feats (dex or char) to compensate for 2 feats the class costs but then also unlocks the buffed HS potions.

current setup:
halfling (ab/ac bonus, dex bonus), but maybe should take human, since extra feat can be epic prowess and tower shield will compensate for ac bonus -> will give 40 extra skill points!
any alignment

str 13
dex 17 -> 30
con 8
int 10
wis 14 (yes.. only 4th lvl spells)
char 14 -> 18

1-16 cleric
17-20 assassin
pre epic feats: power attack, ext spell, divine might, weap foc (sling), impr crit (sling), point blank shot, divine might

post epic feats: alertness, iron will, epic weapon focus, great char IV, great dex III (the great dex can be bonus feats for HS and assassin).

stats buffed:
~67 ab, hitting +20 cap
78ish ac
65% conceal
6 attacks per round

about the attacks per round: i decided not to take blinding speed, because the 7th attack will be at only 52 ab

skills would include tumble (for ac) and when human maybe some discipline (HS class skill)
also, some other skills could be taken instead of disc, like open lock, disarm trap, to be more party oriented

Any input would be appreciated!
Sky
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2018, 20:46 »

A bonus; if you wear items which gives cleric spell levels you can cast higher level spells. Build seems pretty cool.

I think DM Firecracker had a nice slinger build??
Sky
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2018, 21:19 »

Tested a bit in the test area just now with zen archery route.

Another build could be human 29cleric/10cot/1monk. Start with 14 str, 10 con and int, 16 wis and 16 cha. Take 4 CoT pre-epic to get 4 attacks per round, and save the remaining 3 bonus feats for epic levels (epic weapon focus, epic prowess, point blank shot). Cleric gets bonus feat at 23, 26 and 29, which makes total 6 bonus feats post-epic. This way you get great wisdom X and max buffed ab of 68. 18 cha gives 10 unresistable divine dmg, +5 divine from CoT, 5 magic from divine favour and +2 from battletide. Cleric spells give total +10 ab, 10 levels of CoT gives +5 ab which makes you hit the AB cap.

Would get 7 attacks per round, 22 unresistable dmg however physical ranged dmg is shite. 68 ab is the highest I've gotten when testing sling builds. You might be able to squeeze 1 more ab if you have 8 con and int, and start with 13 str.

CoT requires that you "waste" a feat on a meele weapon to unlock the class though.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2018, 19:32 »

Nice build. Yes I was lucky enough to get that sling (as a player) from the deck very soon after the vault wipe. I think it might have even been one of the very first MM raids where we actually put the WK down for the first time.

Eventually I did make a build for it, specifically to solo the Rhovanion Desert areas when the level limit applied. I think it was some kind of Ranger, Rogue, SD which had insane amounts of hide and move silently. Problem was, being a hipster with a ranged weapon, it was a toon that caused very frequent client crashes. I would offen crash after a kill then re-login to find my toon dead Cool
bad_karma
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2018, 20:07 »

Gonna build it now, for sake of making good on my promise to skywolf.. Decided to go human route and will take lvls as follows:

cleric 12
hs 4
assassin 4

epic 19 more assassin and 1 hs

reasons:
human gives 40 extra skill points
those skillpoints allow to take hs@lvl13
4hs allows to take assassin @lvl16
more lvls assassin means more conceal and more death attack

ab/ac stay the same: 66/~79
ab/ac bonus of halfling will be offset by tower shield and epic prowess
parknutz