Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19 April 2024, 00:12

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  New Era of GvM on NWN-Enhanced Edition
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Era of GvM on NWN-Enhanced Edition  (Read 4170 times)
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« on: 24 December 2018, 22:51 »

Hi Folks,

Here a start trying to explain what will happen with our server in the very near future.
With a fair amount of certainty our old server-version (v1.69) will be replaced with the new server edition (build 8186) within 2 weeks from now.

What will this mean for you:
1. You'll need to have the new NWN-EE edition obtainable from Steam (this week still 70% discount so hurry up  Cheesy)
2. Before logging in you can give yourself a nickname (this will not be used in game itself, but is visible for us for convenience - would be nice to use youre old name if you want to be recognized)
3. If you want youre old toons back in youre new settings ... plze email me with all the info you can give me ... including youre new public CD-key (consists of 8 characters)
greydeth@hotmail.com  
plze pm me too that youve mailed me ... otherwise it can take a while till I check my mail

For the time being a testserver is running almost 24/7 these weeks.
This server will be the real server within 2 weeks from now.
To connect to this one see:
http://www.gondorvsmordor.com/gvm2/forum/index.php?topic=3327.25

Server is now on build 8186
But i just read a recent patch sets the version to 8187
http://www.gondorvsmordor.com/gvm2/forum/index.php?topic=3327.25
Dunno yet what impact this has for playing on our GvM-server version 8186
Maybe we need to update server too ... but we'll soon find out

For now this will be it ...

Hope to see you playing on our "new"server very soon!
 icon_sunny
« Last Edit: 24 December 2018, 22:56 by GreyDeth » Logged

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
bad_karma
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 26 December 2018, 09:32 »

For just the playing testing experience I'll open port 5127 instead for the standard 5121 and relay it to my PC

So make a shorcut pointing to
"<your-nw-EE-client-Steammap>\bin\win32\nwmain.exe" +connect gvm.publicvm.com:5127

Grey, are you referring to this message you posted on the other topic? If so, can you maybe confirm when test server is running and when not? I've been trying to connect for a couple of times the past days and it never worked. Just want to verify if it is an issue on my end, or if the server is just not running. Thanks!

=====
Hey B_K - Grey here.
Nice work, thnx for the info ... plze dont remove these info of misfortune ... it will help others.
You are also not the only one with difficulties ... Bazbaz (also RL friend of mine) didnt had much success with the direct connect either ... different issues though.
Yes this is the message I'm referring to and yes testserver is still up and running ... will be 24/7 up for at least this week, probably longer, unless told otherwise.
saw you appear in my server ... and after a couple of minutes you were gone again ... weird indeed
Now need to go to my family celebrating christmas ... so will look into this tonight
=====
« Last Edit: 27 December 2018, 11:20 by GreyDeth » Logged
bad_karma
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 December 2018, 09:40 »

update: hmm hold the phone, if i try direct connect inside the game itself, it seems to connect but mentions "missing HAK file".. and it would be correct, since i didn't install CEP yet.
bad_karma
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 December 2018, 10:40 »

another update (don't worry, i'll remove all of this stuff later, just want to keep track of my process, so it may help others):

installed cep via a steam "workshop":
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1312882397

if, for some reason, steamcommunity is not allowing you to search for workshops, try browsing to it manually. I had to do just that, and i started by filtering for workshops related to games I play, then hit nwn:ee, then check the "hak" box. This leaves you with around 40 workshops you can browse manually.

Now i can connect (but _only_ from in-game, still no direct connect as in Grey's post) and character creation shows. However, my latest challenge is that the moment I finish char creation and hit "play", the server refuses, giving an error that "localvault characters are not allowed". Clearly it wasn't my intention on creating a localvault character, but for some reason the game thinks I wanted to do just that. The toon is showing up in my localvault directory on my pc, so the server is right in kicking me out.

Am I just rusty? I cannot remember this being so hard.

update again:
Ok, giving up for now. I will continue when someone else is also online that can work on this with me. I've been searching the web for ppl with similar issues, but none really matched. Would be great if somebody can verify the issue on another machine.
« Last Edit: 26 December 2018, 11:39 by bad_karma » Logged
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 December 2018, 23:05 »

OK,

It looks like using a different portnumber than 5121 is causing the trouble .... at least I think the Steam mechanism behind this NWN EE is not yet made for this kind of change.
Therefore I will try a more aggressive approach ... I will shut down the old server (almost nobody is using this lately anyway)
This will "free" the default port 5121 and therefore will get the "TEST server" (testserver till I get my hardware and configuration ready) online for everyone on the Steam serverlist.

So for short:

There will be no need anymore for a direct connection shortcut ... Steam NWN-EE client should work without any modification!
If Not ... see the info from bad_karma above.

I'd like to hear from you if you still experience communication errors with our GvM-server or if you have had a working playable situation .

fingers crossed
« Last Edit: 28 December 2018, 12:04 by GreyDeth » Logged

Sky
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 December 2018, 12:21 »

Exciting times! I'm back from holiday now, and will def log on before new years  Grin

=====
Hey Sky, Grey here
actually you have no choice here, you must! log on soon ... cause you actually got this all starting!!  laughing7
http://www.gondorvsmordor.com/gvm2/forum/index.php?topic=3327.0
=====
« Last Edit: 29 December 2018, 13:54 by GreyDeth » Logged
bad_karma
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 December 2018, 08:38 »

@Grey: I can confirm that I can now create a toon and login successfully.
Also, the direct connect now also works (nice to have a shortcut to gvm right on your desktop)

Only thing left for me now is to request you to port my toons, so I'll send you a mail and pm ;-)

Thanks for your efforts these past days/weeks!
« Last Edit: 29 December 2018, 08:47 by bad_karma » Logged
Sky
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 December 2018, 12:54 »

I can now also confirm that I have logged in and made a new char. But I would also like to have my old chars to nwnee, but how do I find my public cd key?

=====
Hey Sky ... Grey here again.
Thnx to b_k here a link how to get youre public key
http://wiki.arelith.com/CD_key#Public_CD_key
As soon as you mail me (and PM me that you did) I can begin porting and if needed do some cleaning)
=====
« Last Edit: 29 December 2018, 15:57 by GreyDeth » Logged
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 December 2018, 12:56 »

W00t!
Best news I've heard in quite a while!
Thnx b_k  and Sky !!
 :pompom:

That means we've got ourselves a brand "new" enhanced server very very soon  headbang

Only need to figure out some automated administrating stuff, but that will probably work out just fine too

@b_k: I've read youre pm and mail ... will get to the porting in a couple of hours .. or at least today! Smiley
BTW I loved the story of Zwelgje too!
Also great to read you've once got a part in scripting on our server too.  Worship

@Sky:
Public CD-key: Good one
I think at least its in youre own local vault ... but maybe b_k knows where to get this?
In the worst case scenario .. you can calculate youre own public key from youre own license number ...
(read that somewhere online)
edit: thnx to b_k here a link how to get it:
http://wiki.arelith.com/CD_key#Public_CD_key
« Last Edit: 29 December 2018, 15:56 by GreyDeth » Logged

bad_karma
Developer
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 December 2018, 09:56 »

Indeed you will not find your public cd-key anywhere in your local config. You will just have to "calculate" it as is mentioned on Arelith wiki, which I will now (for convenience I'll also post the steps here):

1. Find your original NWN CD Key (cdkey.ini file, stored under "Documents/Neverwinter Nights", the part after YourKey= )

2. Take the first 8 even numbered digits. That is, take the 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, and 16th character (either number or letter) from the CD key. For example,

If your key is:
12345-ABCDE-12345-ABCDE-12345-ABCDE

What you want:
12345-ABCDE-12345-ABCDE-12345-ABCDE

Public CD Key is:
24ACE24A
« Last Edit: 30 December 2018, 11:01 by bad_karma » Logged
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 December 2018, 16:40 »

Another tip:
Take the CaGui colored icons from Steam Workshop
https://steamcommunity.com/app/704450/workshop/
 ... looks awesome!
 Grin

Update:
Expect within 3 days a new Enhanced server online ... (test in name will be gone)
« Last Edit: 30 December 2018, 16:52 by GreyDeth » Logged

hfodf
Developer
Poster

Scripter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 January 2019, 15:33 »

Another tip:
Take the CaGui colored icons from Steam Workshop
https://steamcommunity.com/app/704450/workshop/
Some are slightly colourfull, but well worth the download (there are like 7 packs).

Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
The name ingame: http://www.thenoobcomic.com/daily/strip003.html
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 January 2019, 12:03 »

Minor setback building new hardware ... will not make it before this weekend
tomorrow I'll start building ... I'll guess this Saturday it will run for real  Grin
Rest of this weekend I'll look into automation and administration
(auto-backup / admin entry / auto-reboot / etc.)
Almost there folks !
.... meanwhile (test)server runs smoothly ... so feel free to start already  Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: