Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 09:57

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  HS potion lion's courage potion issue when used with unarmed toons
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HS potion lion's courage potion issue when used with unarmed toons  (Read 1549 times)
bad_karma
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« on: 10 March 2019, 12:02 »

I think I have found an issue with the harper scout potion that adds +5 ab and magic dmg: it cannot be used by unarmed monks. This is because the magic dmg (I guess) gets put onto the primary weapon, but unarmed toons carry none. Note: not talking about unarmed shapes, which, as stated on forum, need to use potion before shifting.

I feel that it was never the intention of the original script developer to single out unarmed monks (or other toons, but they won't exist) as the only builds that do not qualify for the magic dmg?

If you let me, I'm happy to try and script it into the mod. I would change the script so that it will add +5 magic dmg to primary weapon, OR, if no such weapon is equiped, to the gloves instead. If needed, I'll add checks to avoid misuse by casting both on weapon and on gloves for shifter builds (shouldn't be too hard).

Let me know if the observations are correct, and if you'd like my help fixing it.

Cheers,
bk
Sky
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2019, 15:55 »

Not sure if this is off-topic or not, but is this also the case for the barbarian rage that gives 1d10sonic? Will it only work for hand-held weapons or does it also transfer to gloves?
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2019, 18:56 »

I'll need to look at the script for the HS, but I'm pretty sure the Barbarian rage does only apply it the weapon slot. I'm not sure if these were done by design or maybe there are some other reasons (e.g. I'm not sure if applying temporary effects to non-weapons has complications). I'll give them a check out this week  Smiley
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 March 2019, 19:05 »

Just making a mental note of things to look at this week as I'll have a bit of time:
- HS pots magic damage (barbarian too)
- Metamagic on shifters (likely unfix-able due to changes to EE itself though)

If there is anything I missed that has been raised since the switch to EE - let me know  Cool
bad_karma
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2019, 10:28 »

fire, I believe it is now possible to select wemic and brownie races during character creation. On most servers (and surely on gvm prior to nwn:ee) this is not allowed due to the overpowered nature of those two. We may want to add checks after login to inform people and auto logout the toon after, say 2 mins (because internet tells me you cannot just disable those races in the mod or anything of that sort)?
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 March 2019, 19:28 »

Ok - I'll look at that too  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: