Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 16:55

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Tactics  |  Baragor
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Baragor  (Read 4037 times)
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« on: 02 July 2019, 21:41 »

Finally a board where to get inside tactical info for Boss raids ....  Grin

Solo Hunt.
Target: Baragors Axe!
I always wanted to get Baragor solo (of course for his Axe - I once got one from a friend (Rodriquez) ... but I need another one and I find it dishonourable to never get one myself  Tongue).
Yesterday I finally succeeded with a Drider-Tank and with lots an lots and even more magic missiles.
Whole fight took me almost an hour.
(unfortunately no Axe drop ... but finally I know 1 way how to kill Baragor now  laugh

1st of all ... I failed a lot of times.
I knew there was a trick (only I never succeeded) to take care to let Baragor never touch you ...
his improved knock-down is waaay to strong .. and always succeed lots of times ... even if youre discipline is around 90 (like I have)

My Drider-Tank has AC 90 (with haste and without other buffs) and appeared to be adequate for Baragors Cave/Maze ... The Bull Champions are somewhat difficult ... but if you try to take them out one or 2 at a time ... you can succeed.
I also equip Darts with keen and electrical damage before going to Drider-form (this stacks with Bow damage)
Dunno if keen helps a lot by the way ... but I tried other darts and this one seems to work best.

For those who like to know how I did this:
Tactics:
The order of things I did ... every time I made sure the Minotaur Mages and Druids where killed first
(Kobold-form / go invis / Drider-form and shoot fast ... then away / Kobold-form / go-invis / Drider-form and after that repeat these steps to draw attention from the Bull Champions ... preferably take them out 1 at the time.
and so on

Then finally try to get Baragor into a position that he is blocked by Clay Golems and/or Elementals
and you can have a clear view to hit him with youre magic missiles (unfortunately it does very little damage, around 12 damage avarage I think ... but it works better than using youre arrows .... they miss him too often)
it took me, as said earlier, almost 1 hour to finally take him down (He fully healed around 5 times too) ... but the satisfaction/relief I felt was awesome  fart

Next time I will try again ... same tactics (I will get his Axe)

If someone has other working tactics for Baragor or comments ... please contribute by replying ... otherwise make another Boss or Area topic in this board.

Hope this info can help other (less experienced - like me) GvM-players.

Happy Hunting!

« Last Edit: 03 August 2019, 12:02 by GreyDeth » Logged

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2019, 23:22 »

I never really built a Baragor farmer but do remember having some success with my Dracolich summoning AC tank. As you say Baragor is one of those bosses who spams Improved Knockdown and I've found that unless your toon has 100+ discipline then you'll likely go down if he hits a knockdown.

So with a Dracolich summoner (30 levels of Pale Master) you can only get a max discipline of somewhere in the mid 90s, and that is with the +50 cap from improved skill items. So it was very much a game of chance when solo'ing him. AC was not a problem but at some point he is going to hit a IKD on a 20 attack roll and down you go. It just then depended how the following attacks went and if you could recover/heal after a knockdown. The Dracolich in the meantime would kill him.

Going off the same idea, I never really tested the Ghost Warrior summon against Baragor (26 levels of PM rather than 30) which I posted way back here:
http://www.gondorvsmordor.com/gvm2/forum/index.php?topic=3238.0

Baragor from memory doesn't have great AC so the Ghost Warrior may actually hit him often enough, it just depends if the damage from the Ghost Warrior against his Damage Reduction is any good. With 26 levels of PM you get that extra discipline dump at the last level so the Improved Knockdown issue goes away as this toon can get well over 110 discipline with the right items.
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2019, 17:52 »

kewl nice tips ... and also great idea ... toon with at least 110 discipline ... thnx -fire-  Grin

Sky
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2019, 19:52 »

You could solo him with a rak sd with 100+  hide/ms and empowered ice storms. However in nwn ee the metamagic feats wont work in shapes, but it should still be doable, just takes somewhat longer  Smiley

GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 July 2019, 20:56 »

Thnx Sky ... but ... but ... wow 100+ hide/ms  Shocked ... dont even know how to do that .... My max is around 85 or so with right gear.
How can you get 100+ ????

Sky
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 July 2019, 17:02 »

Epic transmutation feats grants ++ to hide/ms to the spells camuphlage (not sure how to write this correctly) and mass camuphlage. Also used the wraith shape, but that shape is more reliable on empowered negetive energy burst and cant be used now with nwn ee.
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 July 2019, 17:32 »

Thnx!  Grin learning all the time  Tongue

Rodriquez
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2019, 15:35 »

Good to see this is still up! Drider works well (shoot him, not magic missiles in my day). I used slaad shape to solo Baragor, vomit him to death. Dragon also worked, but was more of a liability if you nuked his mates out of the Way. I also used a hipster xbow with 100+ stealth, but that was more tricky

Enjoy folks!

Rodriquez
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 August 2019, 23:17 »

W00t Rodriquez  hello2 ... great to hear from you again!
It was you who told me how to solo Baragor with Drider in first place .... still grateful for that  Grin

Slaad for solo ... heh nice tip ... will try that too one day.
Yeah arrow shooting appears almost non-effective for Baragor ... all his minions on the other hand ... no problem.

If you have other hints/tips for other Bosses ... new thread will be greatly appreciated  wink

Hope hearing from you here again ...

Clevar0ne
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2020, 23:51 »

Rodriquez was right; the Death Slaad makes it easy.

Stay invisible all the way to Baragor's area.  Wedge yourself into a corner (the shape of the walls/corners is great protection and the death Slaad fits perfectly).  Chaos Spittle two big elementals one time each.  They'll respond first and come attack you.  Once they're attacking you, nobody else can reach you.  Chaos spittle the bull lords/maze druids and mages - they'll use their heals on each other so it will take a bit.  Same with Baragor.  I tried to get Baragor to waste his heals on the bull lord champion next to him, but he never did.
Spittle hits every time (arrows don't) and does a lot more damage than drider magic missiles.
The 2 elementals are last to die.  They knocked me down 2-3 times but AC is high enough they don't hit enough, they don't do much damage if you have even OK regeneration (8-12 hp/round?).

As long as you make sure the elementals get to you first and you don't kill them, you're home free.  Don't mis-click with the chaos spittle and walk your toon out from behind the elementals, or you're dead meat.  And fighting them clean is silly because any toon that can tank Baragor directly can't damage anything, and a tank and hitter combo will have a problem because the re-spawn timer on the swarm will probably get you from behind.
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 June 2020, 17:11 »

Ha never noticed this one

Nice addon tips! ... Thnx ClevarOne !

Will try next time with Slaad ... cause my last drider attempt took forever again ... and ... no drop!  Cry
« Last Edit: 13 June 2020, 12:57 by GreyDeth » Logged

Thiagow2008
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 October 2020, 02:58 »

Hmm, farming Baragor brings me back. Not so much for the axe since I had plenty but for his belt.

If memory serves and everything is still as it was, the best way I found to solo farm him was with shifter blue dragon form. I remember mine had 95 AC with imp expertise. All I had to do was sit back and spam electric breath on him. It had to be blue dragon cuz he wasnt immune to elec dmg.
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 November 2020, 18:48 »

Great trick ... and now also on my checklist ,,, thnx!

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: