Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 13:09

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Character Builds  |  Have my meds stopped working, or are all the build AB progressions wrong
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Have my meds stopped working, or are all the build AB progressions wrong  (Read 2252 times)
Clevar0ne
Poster

View Profile
« on: 11 May 2020, 23:41 »

I've been reading these 'super builds for 12-15 years.  I've seen every one list the AB progression, then the extra attacks start at the top AB.  Im not seeing this in the logs.

My toon - druid 11/shifter 28/monk 1
BAB 24
STR in dragon form with +12 STR = 60.  +25 AB
epic prowess +1 AB
so far, AB 50.
with +5 weapon and buffs I can get over the +20, however, I only get to AB 68, even if I can get +22 AB, it still only goes to AB 68.  Plus, the attack schedule is odd.  I show 5 attacks on my char sheet, plus I should get one for Haste and one for shifter widget.
I get 7, but they all progress down. 
I get 68/65/62/59/56/53/50 in the combat log..  Isn't the haste and widget attack supposed to be at MAX AB?  Shouldn't it be 68/65/62/59/56/68/65?

I checked it 20 times.  My numbers are right from the combat log

bad_karma
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2020, 04:45 »

I noticed the same on all my toons that include monk. Don't know if it is "an nwn EE" thing, or if it has always been like this. I will check with my pala dragon when next on and let you know here.
Clevar0ne
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2020, 21:04 »

Just tested Barbarian 20/Fighter 13/WM 7
BA 30, STR +16, Scythe +5, Weapon Focus +1, Epic Weapon Focus +2, Superior Weapon Focus +1, Prowess +1 = 56

Character sheet AB 56/51/46/41
Actual combat log AB 55/50/45/40/55
Reason = 55 instead of 56 - No idea.  WF, EWF, SWF, and Prowess should all stack.  5th attack at 55 is Haste

Mighty Rage and Greater Rage (also have Terrifying and Thundering, but shouldn't matter)
+8 AB and +4 Attacks
Character Sheet AB 64/59/54/49
Actual Combat Log AB 63/58/53/48/63/58/53/48/43/......then repeats back to 63
2nd 63 is Haste, then 58/53/48/43 are additional 4 Barbarian attacks

You think the attack progression might be because of Monk?  Or could it be because I was shifted?
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2020, 20:35 »

I know the attack progressions have been tweaked in the mod either directly to classes or due to feat changes. The character sheet never really gives an accurate picture, the logs do though.

When monk is mixed with shifters shapes that don't use weapons, such as dragon, then the attack progression is influenced by monk due to the amount of attacks you get and I think it has always been like this - I have certainly never changed any of the progressions since taking the mod on.

-fc-
Clevar0ne
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2020, 04:21 »

I was asking because what I saw differed from what was in the posts regarding character builds, and I wanted to understand.  I'd not ask for programming changes on something this old that's not actively used.  As far as I'm concerned, whatever the mod is today, it is.

The only thing I'd like to see is an EASY/LITTLE WORK way to adjust the mod to recognize that there's no player base, we're going solo, and anyone still playing is doing so because they want to stay/explore/see it all. 

1) Turn the drop rate WAY up - I want to see what is out there and if I can build a toon to solo a boss, don't make me do it 100 times with a 1.5% drop rate.  I want to see a yard sale.
2) Turn off the class/align restrictions on items and/or throw some higher powered gear back in the game (throw it in merchants to make it easy if you don't want to screw with code too much) to give toons an ability to be viable if they're not shifter dragons.  And don't kid yourself; if you're not a shifter dragon, or you don't have some of the old gear than nobody will ever get again, you're not viable.
Sky
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2020, 20:17 »

I second to increase the drop rate way up  wink
Clevar0ne
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2020, 19:40 »

I've reached out privately to firecracker - he's responded positively so I feel good about going to the boards with this - so I'll start a new thread about 'upping drop rate' or something to recognize the new normal at GvM.
bad_karma
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 August 2020, 15:05 »

CleverOne, I have done some testing because at first I actually thought it was caused by the monk lvls in the build, but it seems it has more to do with the fact that some shapes are unarmed (like dragon) and for those shapes the ab seems to never "reset" in a round. All your attacks just get lower and lower ab. The fact that you have monk has nothing to do with it, because my toon didn't have any monk levels and still showed this behavior.

The shapes that _do_ carry weapons show no such issues. The thing I don't know yet is whether this was the case on pre-nwn-EE as well, or that it got "introduced" later. Will update here if I find more info.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: