Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 06:41

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Feedback on drop rate after 3 hour tour of server
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Feedback on drop rate after 3 hour tour of server  (Read 943 times)
Clevar0ne
Poster

View Profile
« on: 10 October 2020, 23:53 »

Spent a few hours touring the server today and did it with another player!!  Thanks Myxplyk!  (tough to type, worse to pronounce...).  2 is a party, dammit.  

We killed 12 red letter bosses with 50 potential drops (Gorelack and King of Dead don't show drop rolls, but I know they drop stuff.  So maybe 55 or 56 potential drops).  We got 5 drops.  Per firecracker, he boosted the rate to 9.75%.  5/50 seems to support that.  Very cool, and thanks firecracker!

As an aside, does anyone know how many drops the King of the Dead has, and what they are?  I searched the forums and found a topic titled "Question regarding Snare Ring" posted by Khain in 2009.  He thought King of the Dead dropped the Snare Ring, and when he asked Terrorble hinted it was a special Middle Earth ring.  Anyone know what the snare ring was?  

Any help appreciated.

« Last Edit: 11 November 2020, 16:28 by Clevar0ne » Logged
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 11 October 2020, 12:18 »

Nice work here ... great to read.
But "thanks firecracker!" ??... He didnt gave me the new mod yet ... so you were just lucky I guess.
Anyhow ... Gratz with the loot  Cool

As for drops ... (spoilers!!! But because of the low players presence and low advice possibilities not really disturbing, I think - - - Side note ... if these spoilers are not desirable .. I will delete this info and not do this again)

Snare ring:
Craft Trap + 5 / Class Limit: Assassin - Ranger - Rogue
Amulet of Divine Radiance:
Charisma + 6 / Extra Turning / Light (Bright 20m / White) /Class Limit: Cleric - Paladin
Bone Ring:
Immunity Level/Ability Drain
Boots of Reflexes:
Saving Throw Reflex +4
katana - Undeads Bane:
Cast Spell: Sunburst 20 (1Use/Day) + Undeath to Death 11 (1 Use/day) +
Damage Bonus Positive Energy (4d4 damage) + Enhancement Bonus +5  +
Extra Melee damage Type: Bludgeoning + Keen + Visual effect Holy
« Last Edit: 11 October 2020, 13:20 by GreyDeth » Logged

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
Clevar0ne
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 October 2020, 18:11 »

I saw on Oct 5, 2020 firecracker's post that he has drop rate mech working.  I didn't know it wasn't implemented.  That post is what got me back to play yesterday (and this morning..).  Any idea when it will get implemented?

As for giving specs for items and where they can be found, I think we should start a topic with as much of this data as we can.  The institutional memory of this mod should be maintained to try and grow a player base. 

Regarding the Snare ring, I was mostly asking if there was anything to Terrorble's hint that there was something more.  +5 Craft Trap is garbage, but Terror hinted at much more.

GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 October 2020, 22:09 »

Weird ... Snare Ring is simply this, nothing more ... unless it is needed in a quest or needed to complete a fully equipped combination of gear, same as "the Monk suit"??

Special topic about items and where to find them?
Isn't that already a tiny bit under the topic GvM tactics? http://www.gondorvsmordor.com/gvm2/forum/index.php?board=32.0]
Its then 2x info for the price of 1 ... tactics to kill bosses BECAUSE they have special items / special drops

As for implementation ... I think -fire- plays a crucial role here ...
-fire-? Are you ready to give me the mod already? Or do you want to adjust some more stuff first?

« Last Edit: 12 October 2020, 22:23 by GreyDeth » Logged

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 October 2020, 22:54 »

Hey, yes I got the mechansim working last week but was doing some testing before sending the mod over to grey, just to make sure that I am happy with the change, there is no bugs with it, the rate is acceptable etc etc.

I'll likely be sending it over to Grey this week and when it is released I'll be posting an update in the thread that tracks the mod updates.

-fc-
Clevar0ne
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 October 2020, 00:06 »

"I vow to attempt to kill no bosses until the drop rate mechanism is implemented." 

Except the ones necessary to sway the XP bonus...…  And every now and then I like to kill the Serpents.....  Plus sometimes we might kill Faramir…  And I haven't tried to kill Eomer and Théoden in a long time....

"I am very much looking forward to the implementation of the new drop rate mechanism."

binkybaby
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: