Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 20:17

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  Bandit Lair - I think its broken
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bandit Lair - I think its broken  (Read 1275 times)
Clevar0ne
Poster

View Profile
« on: 15 October 2020, 02:37 »

Hi all.  Trying to get the Fighter Widget but ran into a teleport gate with runes.  I played around and got the right runes to open the gate, but it teleports me back into the trap room that fills with water.  Is this off or broken?
Sky
Poster

Plays: Both Factions

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2020, 06:24 »

I thought you were supposed to fight in the gauntlet in eru (past the portal to get to middle earth), and had to be lvl 19 or lower?

Pro tip: 18f/1rogue for umd, then after you're finished relevel the last lvl of rogue to fighter.

I've never gotten around to get the widget myself though
Clevar0ne
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 October 2020, 14:00 »

2 different things. 

1) Fighter gauntlet - 15 fighter levels, 19 levels max, get Ring.
2) Fighter Widget - Bandit Lair, after level 5. 

I got widget before and don't remember the portal at all, but I opened the 'gate' and didn't get gated to the right place.  Pls help. 
bad_karma
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2020, 17:10 »

I only remember getting the figher widget from osgiliath sewers? Or is that the same as bandit lair?
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 October 2020, 18:22 »

I don't think the bandit lair is broken - there is a combination to the runes though, you need to use them in the correct order to proceed. If you get the order wrong it ports you to that trapped room. I don't know what that combination is without looking at the code however.

I also think (distant memory) that when it was built by the original dev, the combination of runes may change depending on time of year, I could be wrong about that though.

Next time I spin the mod up in the toolset I'll check it out though.

-fc-
« Last Edit: 15 October 2020, 18:27 by -firecracker- » Logged
Clevar0ne
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 October 2020, 20:00 »

FC - I got the correct runes to get the gate open, but the gate teleports me right back to the room where you go if you hit the WRONG rune - where the water fills up. 
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 October 2020, 20:58 »

Ah, there could also be a check on class when you enter the portal from what I remember. I think the original dev only wanted certain classes being able to access that place, namely rogue and possibly other prestige classes that go with rogue. So there might be something is checking how many 'valid' class levels your toon has. What is the build you are using?
Clevar0ne
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 October 2020, 21:21 »

I screwed up.  Fighter Essence widget is still fine in the sewers.  But it is still true I cant get past the portal even when I solve the gate.  Maybe it is class specific......ty
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 October 2020, 14:17 »

I screwed up.  Fighter Essence widget is still fine in the sewers.  But it is still true I cant get past the portal even when I solve the gate.  Maybe it is class specific......ty

Correct .. you NEED to be a fighter to get to the portal ... its something I also experienced not so long ago ...
But on the other site its pretty difficult to succeed if you are alone ... I still didn't succeed after many tries ... maybe we can go through this together someday !??

I'm on holiday this coming week, but in weekend (24/25 oct.) I probably can be online ... maybe then?

[BTW: osgiliath sewers / bandit lair .... its the same  laugh )

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
Clevar0ne
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 October 2020, 13:16 »

I now have a toon with the Warrior Signet Ring and the Fighter Widget.  I'll move info on them to a spoiler post.  But the portal is for bandit lair, and requires Rogue, Assassin, or Shadow Dancer levels to get through (which makes a lot of sense, right?).  I've never gone through, but I will.............
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: