Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 09:17

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Players Forum  |  NWN: EE GOG Version
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NWN: EE GOG Version  (Read 734 times)
Thiagow2008
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« on: 24 October 2020, 19:41 »

Anybody is having or had trouble with the GOG version of the game? I can't see to login to the server with it. After I pick a character it says that I have been booted. Seems to be an issue with the CD-Key.
I remember for the Diamond version I had to ask GOG Suppoort for valid keys, is that the same case here?
Because the Steam version works fine for me. It's just the GOG version that seems to be broken.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2020, 20:13 »

If it is anything like the pre:EE GoG version of the game, they were distributing the game with the same key for everyone which then caused problems online, as people were logging in using the same keys but the key was already in use so got booted potentially. It also opened up the possibility that any GoC users using this 'generic' key could access one another accounts, as the accounts were locked to the key.

Let me check the mod to see if I explicitly put in something to block this key (I have a distant memory I may have done something). But yes I believe the resolution is to ask GoC support for a unique key. It is kind of strange they don't supply you one in the first place.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2020, 20:17 »

My original findings:

http://www.gondorvsmordor.com/gvm2/forum/index.php?topic=3246.0
Thiagow2008
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2020, 20:30 »

Yes I do remember this issue with the Diamond version. I sent a support ticket to them and they provided me with 3 valid keys, for NWN/SotU/HotU.

Now this problem remains for EE aswell?
Because I can't login with the GOG key even when the server is empty and I don't see other peoples characters on my account. I also don't get the message of Duplicate CD-Key.

I can even pick or create a new character, but after that when it's going to load the map, it says that I have been booted.

Now is that a problem with the CD-Key or some server script? I could send you the public key if you want to check it out.

In any case I did send a support ticket to GOG, but I couldn't find anything related to invalid multiplayer key for EE, only for Diamond.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2020, 20:38 »

Yes If you send me the public key I can check.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: