Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 09:43

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Misc  |  Off-topic  |  What If?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What If?  (Read 1387 times)
Satorial
Poster

Valar Morghulis

View Profile
« on: 10 January 2021, 03:59 »

So I would like to start off by saying I am no professional when it comes to the Neverwinter Nights Toolset nor am I some sort of expert animator. However, I am a customization addict, and I enjoy messing with anything that has to do with it. I've been dabbling with the toolset for awhile, and thought to myself.. What if GvM got all their NPC's redone to look like they're more associated with their faction? Gondor sporting Blues and Golds and Whites. Rohan/Edoras sporting Greens and Browns and Golds. What if someone took the time to simply just make all the models look closer to what they look like in the movies? There's nothing wrong with what they look like now, but just.. what if?

To give a small example, I've been copying what some of the models look like in this module, and redoing them on my own module. I then come up with my own look for them, and place them side by side.
This wouldn't mess up their drops, mind you; you could keep the armor in their inventory, but just make what they're wearing undroppable. So they'll still drop what they look like now, but cosmetically, they'll look different.
There's still some work that could be done... but these are just a few of the minor NPC's I did below:

Gondor Marksman.

Gondor Guard

Gondor Halfling

Rohirrim Soldier

And a Rohirrim Archer

Simple? But they look different, and not all decked out in the very armor they're wearing.
I have a long line up of some of the major NPC's in the background.
I'm only using what I've been given within the toolset. Adding all those advanced CEP's has only gone and deleted a bunch of things, so I'm just using the basics from the most recent CEP-- along with a 'Baldurs Gate Heads Hak' for the Rohirrim Soldiers heads. It just looks way more accurate in my opinion.
MShakeZula

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2021, 22:50 »

sweeeet! Have you done any mordor npcs?
Satorial
Poster

Valar Morghulis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 January 2021, 02:35 »

I haven't done much of the Mordor Orcs. They've proven tricky as they are mostly consisting of actual Orc NPC's and a handful of Half-Orc models. I did, however, stumble upon these Uruk-Hai models in the new CEP. These could be implemented and used! I think they're heavily Lord of the Rings inspired:

As far as "Evil" NPC's go, I did a couple of Haradrim Archers (Basically the dudes that rode around on the elephants in 'Return of the King') :

And pretty much all the Corsairs to make them look more.. Pirate-ish? :

Like I said. Nothing fancy, but it gives them a touch of flavour to represent their faction.

bad_karma
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2021, 07:41 »

Very nicely done!!!! Congrats on the result!
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: