Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 14:53

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  Admin Announcements  |  PLEASE READ : Upcoming Update with Hak Download
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PLEASE READ : Upcoming Update with Hak Download  (Read 1173 times)
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« on: 21 January 2021, 21:19 »

Hi all

Firstly let me appologies for the amount of time it has taken me to get around to preparing this next update, but that has all been explained in a previous post of mine so no need to get into the details here.

I'm preparing a Mod update which should resolve the Pale Master Bone Skin issue (and possible RDD AC issue? - was never able to get a confirmation on this).

Below is a link to a hak file which you will need to download in preparation for the Mod update.

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C9rbRAkpH_CVkWSX08qtAYq_Syjnp9wf/view?usp=sharing

Place the file in the hak folder of your NWN installation. It seems that depending on how you've installed NWN and possibly CEP (e.g Steam/Steam Workshop install vs regular install) the location of where the hak file needs to go can vary. But I'm hoping that it will just be:
C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents\Neverwinter Nights\hak

If not and you play via steam it might need to go into:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\704450\1312882397\hak

Once the Mod is updated, you will not be able to enter the server without this hak file.

I plan on sending the updated Mod over the Grey next week at some point, so it gives at least 1-2 weeks notice for players to get this file downloaded so you are ready to go with minimal disruption.

This update will also include an update to the Witch King's Heavy Flail.

-fc-
« Last Edit: 21 January 2021, 22:36 by -firecracker- » Logged
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2021, 10:49 »

Sry I guess because of my illness the last 5 weeks ... still not cured, but more bearable sometimes (pretty severe form of hives (allergic reaction of something, rash on skin) ... I missed this completely.

Way to go man
 :pompom:
... great to read youre message, great work! ... when can you give me the mod?
« Last Edit: 30 January 2021, 15:56 by GreyDeth » Logged

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2021, 21:52 »

Hi Grey

I've just emailed over the mod to you so it is good to go when convenient for you.

Email contains a bit more detail but it might be worth scheduling a specific release date and timedown for this release just because the mod will fail to load if the hak file isn't also loaded onto the server and in the right directory. Also gives players notice of the switch.

Once the server does start up after this switch it should just be a case of trying to login as a player just to make sure all is well with the mod and new hak file reference for players.

P.S. if you want to apply the update on an evening in the week, Monday - Thursday Europe time, PM me on the forum or email me, I can keep an eye on the forum/email and check the new version has been applied as expected. Weekends for the most part I am away/unavailable.

-fc-
GreyDeth
admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 February 2021, 10:53 »

Thnx -fc- !!  gandalf
I will read email asap and will plan update also ... do you have a preference where to put notification about update? (in which forumtopic or shall I make a new one?)

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They Are NOT After Me.
-firecracker-
Administrator
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 February 2021, 22:32 »

Great, maybe post in here as well as create a new thread (similar to this one). Pin the new thread as an announcement and it should hopefully be nice and clear.

-fc-
Clevar0ne
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 March 2021, 21:03 »

Was this ever completed?  is the pale master AC restored, etc?
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: