Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 19:43

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  "quest" suggestion
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: "quest" suggestion  (Read 10027 times)
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« on: 20 August 2008, 17:23 »

I'm fairly certain that most of you played Baldur's Gate. And this idea stems from that. There was a quest there that gave you a few options- A lady you speak to says that her house has been over run by spiders and asks if you would take care of it. The quest gave you options. Do it, dont do it. Retrieve her things for her, retrieve her things for yourself. Each option gave you a different reward. Alignment shift, gold, items, XP. Hell... if I remember right, you could even choose to kill her.

I know this is more of an RP situation than GvM is accustomed to but it does leave one with several ideas to play with. I have been thinking of suggesting this for a while but have approached suggesting it with trepidation; not knowing how well it would be received.

Anywho... Just a thought... an idea to toss out there. (yeah yeah I know there are more important things being dealt with at the moment. nothing like piling on  Evil )

And you just thought I was a (insert your own)
{AR}Skeevie
Off-topic moderator
Poster

Evil's True Face

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2008, 17:25 »

Hmm, It sounds okay...  Roll Eyes

Have an Evil Day.
Rade
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2008, 00:44 »

Except for the alignment shift, I don't see why this isn't possible. I personally like dynamic questing, especially since we have 2 factions.
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2008, 01:06 »

Yeah- I forgot to make a comment about the alignment thing- but it would add a dynamic to the current quests that there hasnt been. Right now its, kill turn in the head. Kinda boring after a while however, it does make for speed leveling  laugh

parknutz
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2008, 01:12 »

I would stay clear from the alignment shifting. I know if I did a quest enough times at the right level I could change my alignment from Lawful to Chaotic or vise versa and I would make my Pally bard sd. Alignment shifting is a good idea but only if your alignment changes from Good to Evil or Evil to Good.
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 August 2008, 21:12 »

What about a Bounty office of sorts? I know that the server tracks pvp kills it would be cool if you collected a scalp of sorts and could tun them in at the bounty office for 300 party xp per legal kill Evil
{AR}Skeevie
Off-topic moderator
Poster

Evil's True Face

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 August 2008, 22:08 »

People Could place bounties, that would be awesome!!!

I think people should be able to put an amount of xp over a persons head. If someone claims it, well then, the xp gets subtracted from one person and added to another.

Opinions?

Have an Evil Day.
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 August 2008, 22:41 »

I think people should be able to put an amount of xp over a persons head. If someone claims it, well then, the xp gets subtracted from one person and added to another.

Opinions?
Not sure that could be done but Im certain you could put up an item or gold as a bounty. And you could do it without scripting- Normal PvP rules would apply, of course.

{AR}Skeevie
Off-topic moderator
Poster

Evil's True Face

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 August 2008, 23:09 »

That whole XP trans thing would come into play too... Yea, Items would be cool though. Iwould do it just for fun Cheesy. I like the idea.  Evil

Have an Evil Day.
Rade
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 August 2008, 01:26 »

The XP/GP transfer could be scripted, fairly easily I think; but it would be -much- simpler and cost less module resources if the transfer was done at the time the bounty was placed.

example:
[Rade's toon:] "Hi, I really want AR {Skeevie}'s toon "Aley Sigerlson" dead; leaving him to Nikodemus just doesn't seem to cut the mustard anymore. I will place a 10000 xp and gp reward on him"
[Bounty Officer:] "Very well. I hope someone claims his head for you. [Takes Xp/Gp]"

Then the script would store the player you chose, store the variables, etc etc.

WHAT WOULD BE MUCH BETTER: is if you just talked to a DM and asked for a bounty on so-and-so and takes the reward from you at the time. Personally I'd rather just go out and kill 'em myself.
Nobutadas
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 August 2008, 02:08 »

It doesn't seem that that many people would put bounties up.  I like the whole 300 party xp thing.  But make it so that the guys scalp can only drop once every 30 min or something like that, and the scalp gets a variable added to it based on the guys level, then the person must be within legal range of that kill to turn it in, make the item get destroyed if he is not, and allow it non transferable.  Now I know effies who die who initiate would be a problem, and also if the guy gains a lvl between turn in time, but tough love, right?

{AR}Skeevie
Off-topic moderator
Poster

Evil's True Face

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 August 2008, 02:16 »

The XP/GP transfer could be scripted, fairly easily I think; but it would be -much- simpler and cost less module resources if the transfer was done at the time the bounty was placed.

example:
[Rade's toon:] "Hi, I really want AR {Skeevie}'s toon "Aley Sigerlson" dead; leaving him to Nikodemus just doesn't seem to cut the mustard anymore. I will place a 10000 xp and gp reward on him"
[Bounty Officer:] "Very well. I hope someone claims his head for you. [Takes Xp/Gp]"

Then the script would store the player you chose, store the variables, etc etc.

WHAT WOULD BE MUCH BETTER: is if you just talked to a DM and asked for a bounty on so-and-so and takes the reward from you at the time. Personally I'd rather just go out and kill 'em myself.

That would work good. And I think a good chunk of people would. I know I would...

Have an Evil Day.
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 August 2008, 16:50 »

I like Rade's Idea. Having a DM involved makes it where A) scripting resources aren't eaten up, B) DM is involved to make sure it's legal and C) incorporates the RP of assassins. (figuratively- not just the assassin class)

If this does become a doable thing, you might consider adding a note added to the rules in the journal, here in the forums and a sign in Eru's

Example: Assassinations and bounties: Contact a dm to set up the contract so that you can forfeit "X" reward that will be given upon completion of the contract. In order to receive the bounty for a completed assassination you must take a screen shot of the act in order to prove your completion of the task should there not be a DM on at the time.

Or you could make it so that assassinations can only be done when there is a DM on.

It might require a writable message board so you could input the victims name for all to look at as they come in. One in MT and one in MM.

Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 August 2008, 21:14 »

Since vista I cant screen shot and i know im not the only one Cry
KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 August 2008, 21:58 »

Really? I'm running Vista and screenshots work just fine.  Embarrassed

KrazyKuban
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 30 August 2008, 18:26 »

Just in general - why were these moved?  I think most of them are cluttering this section - which to me is far more focused in discussion that some of these topics.  And while they could be considered "future talk", I think they apply more to the "here and now" than the "future' aside from maybe the Osgiliath topic...

Rade
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 August 2008, 19:16 »

Since vista I cant screen shot and i know im not the only one Cry
Try using xfire. I've had the same trouble and it always comes up with a blank screen, switching xfire to take screenshots for "Shift + Print Screen" and movies for "Ctrl + Print Screen" has worked beautifully.

As for the subject movement, HazMatt deemed it a good idea. I don't really mind, and there are a few ideas in there that are future/current so it can swing either way. This is a discussion area, so it's all good.  Grin
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 August 2008, 21:38 »

A character could post his own xp as reward for hunting another player. Ah, of course, that char that posted the prize couldnt be a lvl 40 Tongue
{AR}Skeevie
Off-topic moderator
Poster

Evil's True Face

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 September 2008, 04:30 »

Just in general - why were these moved?  I think most of them are cluttering this section - which to me is far more focused in discussion that some of these topics.  And while they could be considered "future talk", I think they apply more to the "here and now" than the "future' aside from maybe the Osgiliath topic...

I have no clue why HazMatt moved them. Wouldn't Rade do that if he wanted to anyway?

Have an Evil Day.
ManiacK
Developer
Poster

Plays: Mordor

Builder

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 September 2008, 16:04 »

Opinions?
Problem, if you just levelled, you char might get illegal because you go leveldown again.

I have no clue why HazMatt moved them. Wouldn't Rade do that if he wanted to anyway?
Because he can't move them.

<1> please tell me if there's any way to check if a table exist in mysql database
<2> if (mysql_query('DROP TABLE table_name')) echo "table existed";
{AR}Skeevie
Off-topic moderator
Poster

Evil's True Face

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 September 2008, 16:44 »

Both points are understandable Smiley.

Have an Evil Day.
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 October 2008, 17:17 »

A character could post his own xp as reward for hunting another player. Ah, of course, that char that posted the prize couldnt be a lvl 40 Tongue

Sure he could. Lv 40 wants to kill a lv 20 or maybe just wants to stir up a little pvp on a slow day- so he sends a lv 20-25 after him. I dont see where it would be an issue. I would sit in the pocket with Aahz and do that MANY times. Think I'll do that right now. Evil

{AR}SkeeJ2
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 October 2008, 17:31 »

Exactally the point, it won't hurt a level 40 at all......

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Stephen Hawking
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27 October 2008, 16:34 »

Exactally the point, it won't hurt a level 40 at all......

The point is to stir up more interest in PvP. The server has become too concentrated on getting the uber items instead of killing each other. Who cares if it effects the person making the offer.

And my test didnt work. I offered a +8ac Shades robe and no one bit. (had other stats)

Why? because people are to worried about getting the items. And its what is making the server more and more boring. Level up, get items, level up another toon, get more items, oh wait... where's the pvp? No time. Gotta sit on a boss for 6 months to get the item I need for PvP. WOW! new item in... gotta farm for that one too.

Items need to be easier to get or a limited number of them need to be there or placed inside the city so that we can get back to the basics of the server.

Mistress Zevia Shadowlust
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 October 2008, 16:41 »

Best solution i could see here is if you kill another player, depending on your level, a scalp for legal targets rating easy to overpowering is dropping in your inventory if you win, if the target is 5+ levels higher, rated impossible, then you get a head. Both are handed in to a Guy in each city for FACTION xp, not party xp. Maybe only 150 per scalp and 300 per Head that way its not too crazy with mega xp. Effortless killing gives you nothing even if they initiate it since you should be able to kill an effortless player anyway you pathetic worms.

Any other options will most likely post some sort of issues.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to: