Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 16:19

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Future Talk (Moderator: Rade)  |  Gate Bashing!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gate Bashing!  (Read 2857 times)
parknutz
Poster

View Profile
« on: 28 August 2008, 21:44 »

Another idea i have is for city raids. I think the process of gaining entrance to Pelennor/Crossroads..MM and MT should be a little tougher than bashing in a gate with a weapon. I have seen servers where Large and Heavy Ballista were used as well as catapults to destroy walls and even gates. Adds a bit more action and realism to our game.
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2008, 00:22 »

It is an intersting idea, but it has to be well discussed here. To start with topics that should be discussed, how could we send those weapons? Talking to some NPC? Chosen leader of mordor/gondor party? How many siege weapons could be invoked each raid? Unlimited? Limited per reset? X weapons per hour?

Also, gate space will have to be extended, and there is a drawback that usually under these conditions lag gets to the heavens.

Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2008, 19:25 »

Further, where would the weapons come from? Do they get dragged from the opposing city? do they get taken over within the crossroads/pelennor? how many people are required to move/opporate it? what is the cost of having it built? do you need to grab materials to build it ( I've noted that if you destroy the gates in mac's barn you get wood planks) How easily can they be destroyed by the defenders? can the defenders bring their own defensive weapons to bare upon the walls?

I know there are more things to consider. Or maybe Im making it too complex.  Im just not in a thinking mood and that was just off the top of my head.

And you just thought I was a (insert your own)
Rade
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2008, 20:04 »

You could have a seige engineer in each base. He gives items that are VERY heavy.
Could be like a 4 stage thing, must be in order. The pieces are just Unique self power 1use/day and the first one creates a catapult called "Incomplete Seige Weapon". The second and third may have a little message, but all they'd do is set a variable on Incomplete Seige Weapon; the third would not be able to set unless the variable for stage 2 had been set (It can be the same variable, initially variable STAGE is 1; using the second tool sets STAGE to 2; if STAGE == 2, the third tool sets STAGE to 3).
The last component sets the seige weapon's name to "Completed Seige Weapon" which would set STAGE to 4 and begin firing at the nearest object tagged according to whatever the gate's names are (example: XROADS or MTGATE). After X defined hits the door breaks. Of course, the seige weapon should have say 800 HP and be prone to fire damage.

I've seen things like this before, and I believe there are even some in the nwn campaigns.
Endlessorrow
Poster

Aka Fellelves

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2008, 19:21 »

To ad a bit of logic to the scenario  A caster should be able to blast a gate much faster with his spells than his staff.  It would be a mighty structure that could stand up to a hellball and a greater ruin.
WooldorSockbat
Poster

Plays: Not Set

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 August 2008, 21:17 »

To ad a bit of logic to the scenario  A caster should be able to blast a gate much faster with his spells than his staff.  It would be a mighty structure that could stand up to a hellball and a greater ruin.

Endless for president! I can't stand how long it takes to get through gates with casters.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: