Gondor vs Mordor 2 logo
Home Forum Wiki Map Downloads
Become part of the community!

User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 01:41

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Welcome to (Gondor vs Mordor)².

Key Stats
13122 Posts in 1336 Topics by 1240 Members
Latest Member: azihohaloyen
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Gondor vs Mordor  |  Gondor vs Mordor 1  |  GvM1 Character Builds  |  Spellcaster Builds  |  gnome Sorc 20 RDD 10 PM 10 Sheild mage
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: gnome Sorc 20 RDD 10 PM 10 Sheild mage  (Read 4748 times)
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« on: 29 August 2008, 19:49 »

First of all, this is an odd way of making this toon but it really isnt for the lower level areas. It's designed to be for the tougher areas and will suck til you get the 10 RDD and the 10 PM which wont be done til lv 39 or 40 depending on how you wish to choose your last feat.

Alignment- TN
I picked gnome for the bonuses that gnomes get.
Abilities
str  8-16
dex 8
con 17-21
int 16-18
wis 8
cha 16-27

Take Con points to 19 FIRST then add the rest to Cha (RDD lv 7 gets +2 con meeting the req of 21 for EDR and the strand int also comes from RDD lvs)

1-12 sorc * make sure lore is at 8  before lv 13 so you can take RDD
13-21 RDD
22-28 Sorc
29-38 PM
39 sorc
40 RDD 

Feats I chose-
At 21 you start RDD and get all 3 asap.
Spell penetration thru epic spell penetration - it adds 6 to your ability to beat their spell resistance
Combat casting but not greater- greater avoids attacks of opportunity and you WANT to be hit
Extend, empower and maximize spell
Toughness- you will need the HP

I leave the rest to you to descide as there are several ways to go. a weapon focus, sheild pro, great cha; it is an adaptable toon

As you pick your skill points, only max the ones that are class skills. at the end, you will have extras for search or whatever- the important ones are:

Concentration- 43
Discipline- 43
Heal- 43
Lore- 8
Spellcraft- 43

Why wait til 40 to take the last RDD lv? Maxing the skill points in discipline. You cant heal while laying on your back from getting knocked down.

Why not do PM sooner? Level 7 of Rdd gives you the additional 2 con points to start taking EDR at level 21. You haven't got very many good spells at this point so you need the additional sorc levels before you go further on with RDD or PM and you want the EDR to absorb as much as possible.

Equipment : Maynards Robes, Warg Ammy, Goblin Tower, Animal Magnetism. Those are the imortant ones.

And you just thought I was a (insert your own)
{AR}Skeevie
Off-topic moderator
Poster

Evil's True Face

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2008, 19:53 »

Whats the end AB/AC?

Skeevie Evil

Have an Evil Day.
Abimael
Poster

What can change the nature of a man?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2008, 22:06 »

Oh that is a build that I've thought too but I never develped it properly. I'll take a look when I have more patience, but 'till now you had the same idea I had: investing in melee rather than spellcasting.
Mernok
Tester
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2008, 20:19 »

Haha suprise suprise, Kermit with another PM build.  police
pinkpuff
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2008, 23:39 »

I toyed around with making a melee version of that build.

Got something like 60ab but the equipment issues were too much to deal with.

But as far as being a caster and relying on shield damage its not going to be anywhere near as effective as a 29ssorc/1bard/10pm. 29 sorc gives you 18 more acid damage and 9 more fire per hit. And with 3 sorc bonus feats you can take the auto stills for good items or whatever.
charliebuckett
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 August 2008, 19:31 »

Couple small problems no UMD so no animal mag cloak.  I think your in the ball park with a nice build. 
Terrorble
GvM1 Admin
Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 September 2008, 19:54 »

This is truly one of those builds I see and wonder what it's trying to do.  Caster-RDD doesn't make much sense unless you were going to throw in a few melee class levels in place of the PM to try and boost the pre-epic BAB.  Even then the final AC would be crappy and having even 20sorc levels leaves you with lowish overall HP.  The trade off of 10RDD like supa said is just so much better spent on more caster levels.
Kermit
Poster

aka - screeminsheets

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 September 2008, 00:20 »

Wondering? Well- For free... Rdd helps get the con up to the 21 required for the EDR feats, str goes up enough to carry the loot it's meant to farm for and the Int up for a skill point feild day. This is meant as a Hit-Me-Mage farmer hence the lower AC and mondo DR plus the need for the PM levels to keep from getting 2 hit killed. The maxed discipline keep you from getting KDd, add in Maynrds robes, a warg Ammy for more DR, a spell weaver staff for focus in all schools, Nymph cloak +8 is just as good as Animal Mag. Putting animal mag in the build plan was a typo- I meant Nymph +8 and was looking at something else at the same time.

*I* would try PvP with it because sooner or later you get lucky 8D. But all in all it's just a farmer.

I had a 2 Wiz versions of a PM. Wiz 29, PM 10 and rogue 1. No EDR and Full plate/Sheild with autostill 1-3. They sucked immensely. (Motzart Rella)

And you just thought I was a (insert your own)
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: